HELP!!!! someone brought donuts!!!

Options
OMG i can smell the donuts from the breakroom right behind me. The lady that brought them,... its her b-day but she is also dieting... she also knows that most of the office is watching what we eat and walking at lunch- supporting each other. why on earth would she bring a fricken dozen donuts? My will power is failing. I want to eat the whole damn box. :/

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    It's her birthday. She can have donuts if she wants donuts.

Either work one into your day and thank her for bringing them, or exercise self-control and don't have one.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    OMG i can smell the donuts from the breakroom right behind me. The lady that brought them,... its her b-day but she is also dieting... she also knows that most of the office is watching what we eat and walking at lunch- supporting each other. why on earth would she bring a fricken dozen donuts? My will power is failing. I want to eat the whole damn box. :/

so have one, or half of one, and count it in your days total calories. make it fit in your day. Depriving yourself will lead to binging.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    BURN HEEEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!

Seriously though. That is just life. You will be constantly tempted. You can't control what other people do. You can only control what you do.

But how about you have 1 doughnut? Just make sure you fit it in your calorie allotment for the day. One will not ruin your diet. It's good to treat yourself once in a while as long as it doesn't lead to a binge.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Sorry I cannot really help you with self control.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Have a damn donut. And enjoy it :happy:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    This won't be the last time you're exposed to calorically dense foods. If you have one, just log it and move on. If you don't want to have one because it doesn't fit your goals, then don't and pat yourself on the back for being strong.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You are a fully grown adult. Be one, and either have a donut and log it, or decide that you will not have one. But don't begrudge someone bringing whatever treats she wants on her special day. Willpower is like a muscle, you have to exercise it.

Here are a couple tips:

1) look up the calories in a donut and figure out how much exercise you'd have to do to burn it off.

2) if a craving hits, drink a bottle of water instead

3) if a craving hits, go walk a few flights of stairs or a few laps around the building instead
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Why?

Maybe your coworker understands that donuts aren't what caused her to get overweight or that one donut isn't going to wreck her progress...why not just have one? You're an adult. You can choose to have one or not.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Why?

Maybe your coworker understands that donuts aren't what caused her to get overweight or that one donut isn't going to wreck her progress...why not just have one? You're an adult. You can choose to have one or not.

Amen, sister! :drinker:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people freak out like this. Life happens-handle it! And its HER birthday, she can treat herself if she likes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Look up the calories. My husband brought some... turns out they were the 490 calories kind. Cut my craving right there. I actually had the donut in front of me on a plate and went and put it back in the box. Now, a 300 calorie donut... sure. That can fit.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My office has donut Friday twice a month. Most of the time I have none. Sometimes I have 6. Either way, I can't blame the office for not adhering to my fitness goals. The world is going to put food in front of you constantly. You will not have long term success if you do not figure out how to handle those temptations. Will power won't last.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Soo... is there a problem with this or something? I would want to eat the whole box too, especially if I could smell them from my office.

Eat a donut. Or half of one.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Why?

This!

If there's a boston creme I'll take it thanks
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Donuts are delicious. Eat one. Or don't. Either way it's *your* choice. Unless of course she's literally shoving a donut down your throat.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when tempted by something bad and very high calorie, I will skip it, and reward myself with something I also really love, but lower calorie. Like subbing a peanut buster parfait with a small container of frozen yogurt from Tutti Frutti... half chocolate, half peanut butter if they have them, and it's 200 calories for 140g (5 oz) where the pb parfait is 10 oz (double) and 710 calories (3.5 x the calories!!)

Mmm, speaking of which, I still have half of my last Tutti Frutti in the freezer, maybe if I get a really good workout in today.... :love:
  • GataRubia
    GataRubia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This depends a lot on where you are with your personal dietary rules. In the beginning, I would not let myself near something like a donut, so I would say to you in that case, don't do it, be strong and feel good with your decision later when you have your dinner, and ENJOY the hell out of that dinner, even if it is low-calorie. If the smell is strong, get a strong coffee and occupy yourself with that, or if your office rules permit, go and take a quick walk around the block, as brisk as you can make it to stimulate your circulation, release a few endorphins and bring yourself some feelings of power! Yes you can!! If you can't do that, go to the toilet, and do some power poses in front of the mirror to engender and reinforce your feelings of self-determination - YOU make your decisions, not your circumstances!!

power poses which I mean are like standing in front of a mirror, feet hip width apart, chest puffed up and out, and arms alternately on your hips, and then in the air in what looks like a gesture of celebration or joy.

If your personal rules are more flexible, then work it into your day, as others have said, and remember that tomorrow is a new day, with no calories in it yet ;)

Either way, wish her a very happy birthday and smile :D
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Have a damn donut. And enjoy it :happy:

Uh huh... yup. THIS!! ^^^
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am here to HELP.... eat the donuts.

Oh wait. You weren't offering us donuts. Never mind. (slinks out sadly hoping another thread has actual donuts to share)
  • janiceesmith12
    janiceesmith12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When there are donuts at my office, I wait for a while. Then I go look at them. If my absolute favorite isn't there, then I skip it. I''m not going to eat a donut that I don't really love. It is not worth the calories. Now, if there is a bavarian creme filled chocolate covered donut there, I'm eating it. Slowly, enjoying every bite. Then I log the calories and figure out if I need to cut some food out later or what exercise I'm going to do. Or just accept that I'll be over for that day. Once the donut is eaten and logged, there can be no guilt or remorse.

I find this little mind trick to help me. I really love donuts and used to be able to find one that I would like. OK, I like them all. But, now I choose to budget my calories and decide if a plain donut is worth spending those calories on. I like plain donuts, but don't LOVE them like cream filled, frosted ones.