Looking for a 300cal mini meal?

Options
13»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    My hunger bug arrives at 3:30/4:00 every day too and I eat lunch at 1pm...I usually eat an apple (or two) with a tablespoon (or two) of almond butter or a handful (25 grams) of raw almonds. I find the fat (as opposed to something higher in protein) helps keep me full until dinner. BUT, you're eating lunch at 11am. I'd probably be ready for dinner by 4pm if that were the case. How about crackers and hummus and a fruit and/or sliced veggies? Some cheese with fruit and veggies (if you can tolerate dairy)? half a can (or even a full can - only 120 calories) with some crackers or veggies? I know others have suggested yogurt or cottage cheese - these are all super great suggestions. Perhaps oatmeal with nuts and berries?
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    just tagging to read later:wink:
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    An apple sliced with peanut butter is always good (that will probably run you about 270 cals if you use two table spoons of Peanut butter) I also like 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with a table spoon of peanut butter and some honey mixed in. (that's about 245 calories)
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorite mid-meal is a PB&J :-) good balance of fat, protein& carbs.
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Maybe a veggie burger on whole wheat bread? I like the spicy black bean burger from Morningstar farms and I top it with some avocado and mustard. All the fiber is pretty filling and you an just microwave the burger real quick.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Boiled egg,string cheese,and an apple. Or 100 calorie pack of walnuts,orange,and Greek yogurt.
  • ChocolateCupcake0327
    Options
    Wow, I love all of the ideas! I too have a problem of waiting too long to eat or being short 300-400 calories and having no idea what to eat. This is really teaching me that you actually can have A LOT of food. It's just about smart choices. Thanks for posting this question, I'm jotting down the suggestions.
  • jsokolow3
    jsokolow3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Love lots of the suggestions.
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eat what the kids eat so they won't query what is on their plates. Just give yourself a 300 calorie portion. You can use MFP to calculate what portion size to give yourself.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Portion control, and stop eating when you're cooking. If you have to eat your dinner early.
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic I eat ~every 4 hours or else I am sunk. This is a huge change for me. I added Jif and banana sandwich to my snack list, especially on the days I have to work early, since I have a boss who doesn't like us to get breaks. I can eat that in a couple minutes and be good for several hours.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Mini meal...hmm. I think what I have would fall under both meals and snacks

I actually used her oatmeal recipe for a while (post 4). I had to cut it in half because it was so filling. I also used bananas a couple times but switched to chopped apples since I usually eat up bananas super fast whenever I buy them:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/800187-breakfast-and-dinner

Occasionally I'll have the sugar free pudding packs, I'll weigh out one serving mix with half a cup of milk and let it chill. Excellent way to get my bicep workout in whisking the pudding!

I recently realized that I use the beans (black eyed peas) I make more as a snack than an actual meal. I make and weigh a batch and then eat up small portions till it's all gone. Repeat

Slice of Swiss cheese

Apples...hmm lets see. I actually usually slice up an apple and take it to work in a sandwich bag every workout day. If I need to during the workout I'll have a couple pieces. Otherwise I eat it afterwards and it helps me a lot because I stop by McDonald's on my way home (it's a bit of a drive) and almost always just get coffee

More apples: slice one up, drizzle with honey. Enjoy with peanut butter and/or a piece of cheese. For a full mini meal I'll sometimes do one or two hard boiled eggs

Mug coffee cake; single serving brownie made with cocoa powder

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/coffee-cake-in-a-mug/detail.aspx
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oh ow! you all have so many wonderful ideas! thank you everyone! I will definately be reading this thread while doing up my shopping list tomorrow. Thank you all again!!