Weighing In

Options
13»

Replies

• molls10m
    Options
    I try and weigh in (at weightwatchers) once per week but sometimes it gets hard so I sneak a peek at the scale, mostly for my own amusement.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day but only because I have to because I have to record my daily weight for medical reasons.

It really depends on the person, but I really prefer once a week. When I was trying this before, I became addicted to the scales and would moan over ever little fluctuation. I finally moved my scales into a back room so I wouldn't be tempted to jump on every time I went to the bathroom. Personally, that helped me and allowed me to become less obsessive. Now that I weigh daily, I have to remind myself not to freak over the little changes. Maybe the scales say I'm up two pounds. I just have to remember that it's normal and it's not some sign that I'm failing or anything. Remember, these are life long changes, so don't get too caught up in the trivial matters of a single day.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Personally, I weigh in every day but I try to only concern myself with my weekly average weight. I have a spreadsheet (Google Docs) on my phone that I just plug my weight into every morning and it calculates and graphs my weekly average weight.

This is what I do as well. I plug it into excel and look at the long term and monthly charts I have set up. I calculate a monthly weight loss rate based on my cycle, not the calendar month. It means the fluctuations don't bother me.
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I can lose 2 pounds after a poo. It's a pretty small fluctuation.

^ THIS!!

One of my favorite times to weigh myself. Even if I've already weighed myself for the day/week/whenever. Maybe it's just a sick curiosity of mine but at times it's been very shocking!

TMI? Sorry.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This is what I do as well. I plug it into excel and look at the long term and monthly charts I have set up. I calculate a monthly weight loss rate based on my cycle, not the calendar month. It means the fluctuations don't bother me.
    That's what I've found. Earlier on, I'd occasionally start getting discouraged by fluctuations or by perceived lack of progress. Flipping open the spreadsheet and looking at the actual data quickly dispels that feeling because I can see, right there in black and white (and a blue trend line) that the numbers tell me, whatever I *feel* like, progress is in fact being made, and made steadily.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I get obsessive about weighing myself so I did all of my first month (sept) without a scale. Now I will start weighing myself. My goal is only to weigh on Fridays and to skip when it's that TOM because I can gain 10+ pounds in water weight.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record every friday morning....most weeks I show a 1/2 # loss, some a 1# gain, but overall my trend is downward over the past 12 weeks so I can't complain too much :) Slow and Steady!:wink:
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Sure. Here's a cleaned up, view-only version of my spreadsheet. You'll have to open it and go to File->Make A Copy to be able to edit it. The first tab, Daily weight, is where I enter weight every day (3rd column). The 4th column will generate a weekly average in the Sunday row (my weeks run Mon-Sun to sync with all my other training software) as values are entered for the daily weights.

The 2nd tab is the weekly weight trend and will begin to populate as weights are entered and averages are calculated.

The 3rd tab is just a graph of daily weights, just like MFP does.

Let me know if there are any problems.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rgNo1cNLNZ6FfgrmsDcLQLSFEt46faAOTh0oqpGm7wo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks so much!!! Just saw this now, got hit with a brutal cold. Thanks to my kids :(