I started bulking and I can feel the fat...

Options
13»

Replies

• Jschrolms
    Jschrolms Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here bothered to have a look at his food diary?
    Based on your theory that it is just because of his calorie surplus is ridiculous, based on that you aren't defining whether it matters where the calories are lost, either carbs fats protein.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Jschrolms wrote: »
    Based on your theory that it is just because of his calorie surplus is ridiculous, based on that you aren't defining whether it matters where the calories are lost, either carbs fats protein.

What are you even saying?

His meals are balanced - protein, carbs, and fats in each meal.

He's in a surplus, energy is being stored - not lost.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Looked at yours though.....apart from today, looks like you don't really get bulking.

Someone already asked you this but I'll ask again anyway. Are you saying that a surplus of, say, just protein would result in less or no fat gain?!?
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

Looked at yours though.....apart from today, looks like you don't really get bulking.

Someone already asked you this but I'll ask again anyway. Are you saying that a surplus of, say, just protein would result in less or no fat gain?!?

Funny you mentioned that. Protein goal is also 350g, haha.
  • 3laine75
    Options
    (Can we not edit on here anymore?)

Jschorlms: incase you glance at mine, I'm cutting ATM. (FS probably doing it wrong with all that sugar though :/)
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Jschorlms: incase you glance at mine, I'm cutting ATM. (FS probably doing it wrong with all that sugar though :/)

Top right corner once you've posted. Only for an hour.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    [quote="LolBroScience;30030463Funny you mentioned that. Protein goal is also 350g, haha.[/quote]

That's rather ambitious.
  • LolBroScience
    edited October 2014
    Options

That's rather ambitious.

And expensive I would imagine.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So, basically I just need to stick with it and accept I'm going to gain some fat, then when I'm happy with the muscle gains, it's time to cut. I'm not sure what all this arguing is over, but thanks for all the information thus far. I guess it's more a mental battle ahead for me than a physical one.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely a mental battle. Good luck bro. It is for me aswell.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    So, basically I just need to stick with it and accept I'm going to gain some fat, then when I'm happy with the muscle gains, it's time to cut. I'm not sure what all this arguing is over, but thanks for all the information thus far. I guess it's more a mental battle ahead for me than a physical one.

Yes, Stay the course. You will gain some fat it's unavoidable. If you're really that concerned, increase your calories slowly over time.

• Jschrolms
    Options

I don't have to bother looking at yours, i can tell you are doing it wrong just by looking at your photos.

to answer your question, yes if you have a surplus, of course it matters if its fat/protein/carbs.

let me ask you another stupid question in return. If someone has a 2K calorie diet, would there be any difference if it was all Fat compared to if it was all Protein?

i will just answer for you in case you get it wrong, yeah of course it would.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

I don't have to bother looking at yours, i can tell you are doing it wrong just by looking at your photos.

to answer your question, yes if you have a surplus, of course it matters if its fat/protein/carbs.

let me ask you another stupid question in return. If someone has a 2K calorie diet, would there be any difference if it was all Fat compared to if it was all Protein?

Of course macronutrients make a difference in terms of body composition. I have yet to see anyone arguing that. You're switching gears from the type of carbohydrates to the macronutrient breakdown of a diet. You die off on one topic and attempt to switch gears to something else...

Your protein goal is 350g... that's enough evidence to support you haven't the slightest clue how this all really works in the grand scheme of things...you obtain knowledge from a bunch of other bro's and regurgitate it without educating yourself.

How can you sit there bash her for putting forth an effort? That's rather low.
  • Jschrolms
    Options
    I'm not new here, i was the one putting forward some suggestions for this guy based on what he is doing.
    I am not changing gears, she asked me that question about the difference between macros when in surplus.
    I put forward my suggestions because i have practiced them and they worked for me, all the other suggestions just say something along the lines of " it doesn't matter what you eat, if you just have to reduce your surplus"
    Thanks for chipping in here mate but it wasn't needed.
  • 3laine75
    Options

Probably shouldn't answer you again, further trashing OP thread, but hey ho. You didn't answer the question as you have no clue but nice body shaming attempt - I have thick skin to match my thick gut so whatever, have fun with your 'no carbs after 6' or whatever.

OP: there's great advice for you in this thread and your diet looks fine. Hopefully you can stick with it and see some great gains - I'll be joining you after this lousy 6 lb is gone for my second bulk, can't wait :)