Advise from ladies who have had or are having babies...

Options
13»

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    They sound like pregnancy symptoms, but also flu and PMS.

I'm pretty sure there are OTC tests you can take before your missed period and a doctor can do a blood test.

Yup.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    When I got Will pregnant he kept complaining about how I ruined his body and how he might never sit again.

Um, takes two buddy.

but you told me you were on some male pill or something.
    YOU JUST WANTED TO KEEP ME 4 URSLF!

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
    Wait, you're BOTH cheating on me?!?!? I need a quart of ice cream.

It was a threesome that you didnt show up to!

srsly. i sent cute invitations and everything.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    When I got Will pregnant he kept complaining about how I ruined his body and how he might never sit again.

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Whatevs, you could have texted when you started!

he wanted to, but his phone was.....elsewhere.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

I miss all the fun. *kicks rocks
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

I love my phone on vibrate!
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I knew before I took the test because of smells. I had this car deoderizer that I had had for months so the smell had really diminished. I got in one day after work and it literally made me throw up on the sidewalk. I had gotten in my car everyday with this smell for three months and now it makes me sick... took a test three days later when i was supposed to start and was pregnant.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's too soon to get excited. And most women will say it's too soon for symptoms. I personally had very clear changes and was throwing up well before my missed period. My doctor couldn't understand how i could have known so soon. But, there was no way that i couldn't have known.
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    keep-calm-ebola-is-coming.png
    tumblr_ncttztmJmt1qdqyxho2_500.gif
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Crossing fingers!!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I need a bit of advise.
    My partner and I have been trying for a baby for a short while and over the last couple of days, I have been feeling really weird.
    I have been getting slight headaches, all over bodyache, tender/sore breasts, unusual fatigue, nausea, increased nipple sensitivity and appetite increase.
    Its too early to do a test (my period is 6 days away).

Do these sound like normal early pregnancy symptoms or am I reading too much into it?
    Sounds like a baby brewing!

I'll never forget that feeling.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You'll hear a thousand different answers to this because no pregnancy is the same. Some women know right off the bat that they're pregnant ( I found out both times by home test before I was supposed to get my period) and some women don't know they're pregnant until a baby is on the way out....

You'll just have to be patient and wait until you get your test results. And from what I hear, home tests are pretty accurate so ... barring any reasons for false positives ( I can't think of any for the moment).. I'd say a positive home test is confirmation. Just be patient though.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I have been pregnant five times (three sons, two miscarriages). Each time I had a pretty strong feeling that I was pregnant several days before my period was due to arrive. With my first pregnancy, we had been trying to conceive for about two years, and while there were months that I hoped with all my heart that I might be pregnant, and thought that maybe I was experiencing symptoms of pregnancy rather than just PMS, there was something different that I couldn't put my finger on when I sensed I actually was pregnant.

I never tested until after the day my period was due (and with the first pregnancies I was charting my temperature every morning). But if you are impatient, buy a few of the cheap Dollar Store test strips. They work as well as the more expensive ones (although they won't flash the word "PREGNANT" in big block letters).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's too soon to get excited. And most women will say it's too soon for symptoms. I personally had very clear changes and was throwing up well before my missed period. My doctor couldn't understand how i could have known so soon. But, there was no way that i couldn't have known.
    I actually knew the next day, but not from symptoms. I just knew. I was about two weeks when my mother figured it out.

Also, I have the symptoms OP described every few months and even sometimes have a little morning nausea but I haven't been pregnant in 20 years and I made it so I can't ever be pregnant again. So it could be anything.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I found out I was pregnant, I was *barely* pregnant, I mean, my Beta was *literally* like 14. I believe. I think I *still* had a week to go before my period. I actually went to see my FNP for a cold, but told her we'd been actively trying to get pregnant, so she tested me in the office with a stick test. She told me right then, that if I didn't have PCOS, that she would tell me for certain I was pregnant (the line was EXTREMELY faint), and women with PCOS often have false positives. So, she sent me to the hospital to have blood drawn, and to follow up with Dr. Hinton. I did, and what I didn't realize, was I'd been craving orange juice. I absolutely could NOT get enough orange juice. I would go into Wal-mart, open up one of the small things, and drink it in the store WHILE I was purchasing two huge gallon jugs of orange juice.

Fatigue was nothing new to me, so I didn't think much of that, but I did have a lot of the other symptoms you mentioned. I wasn't sure if it was pregnancy or PMS, so I just kind of held my breath until I got the confirmation. Dr. Hinton told me that my Beta was so low that he felt like he was in bed with us drawing the blood! I went back two days later and it had risen to above 50, so it was definitely a viable pregnancy.

Regardless, I wish you the best!