Trail runs...should I buy a camelbak?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So here is my poor man's method: I do long runs on Saturday mornings. The night before, I drive my running route with my car and leave out sealed water bottles every 3 or 4 miles. Then next morning when I run, I find my bottle on my route, break the seal (so I know they haven't been tampered with), and drink. I leave them by the side of the road if there aren't any garbage cans nearby and drive back to pick them up after I'm finished with my run. Maybe a hassle but I hate carrying water with me when I'm running.
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've tried several and decided on the camelback that is a waist pack, not backpack style. It does get warm, but if it's hot, it seems everything is warm. I hated that I couldn't cinch the backpack style enough not to flop around. I spent a lot of time in REI and tried a bunch on and made sure to run a bit around the hydration area to see how they fit/bounced/rode up, etc. I've used it for biking and running and it works for me. It does have several compartments for other stuff as well that you would need.