1200 calories plus exercise and I have Gained Help Please!

Options
1235»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Hey OP

Your data is skewed and most people here dont know what they're talking about. Also I wouldnt place much emphasis on that Food Diary as it will be inaccurate.

Please state:

A: Your Goals
    B. Your Age, Weight, Height
    C. Your Current Exercise Regimen (Briefly)
    D. Your Current Exercise Frequency
    E. Problems You Are Facing Currently In Regards To Dieting and Problems You Want To Avoid
    F. Meal Frequency

If I remember to check this thread when I wake up I will respondo with the correct info.
    But, it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about. :wink: :wink:

Meal frequency has nothing to do with weight loss, and you don't have to exercise to lose weight.

The OP has already stated her problem throughout the thread. Her main problems are overestimating calories burned and possibly underestimating calories eaten, throw a cheat day in, and calorie deficit is gone. She's already said her goal is to drop some weight.

OP, before you fall for this person's "opinion", I will say it again, which is what has been said throughout this thread, and which is also the number one cause of weight gain.....

You are eating more calories than you think.

when did I say meal frequency did? when did I say exercise was absolutely required?

she also doesnt need to write down her age to lose weight either, why didnt you call me out on that too?

step off me noob

ummm, F in your list is 'meal frequency' :huh:

and her age is relevant is assessing her calorie target.

Op, I agree with those who say 2lb is a normal fluctuation though - as long as the overall trend over time is downwards then you do not have a problem.
  • CigBock
    CigBock Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey OP

Your data is skewed and most people here dont know what they're talking about. Also I wouldnt place much emphasis on that Food Diary as it will be inaccurate.

Please state:

E. Problems You Are Facing Currently In Regards To Dieting and Problems You Want To Avoid
    F. Meal Frequency

If I remember to check this thread when I wake up I will respondo with the correct info.

Meal frequency has nothing to do with weight loss, and you don't have to exercise to lose weight.

The OP has already stated her problem throughout the thread. Her main problems are overestimating calories burned and possibly underestimating calories eaten, throw a cheat day in, and calorie deficit is gone. She's already said her goal is to drop some weight.

OP, before you fall for this person's "opinion", I will say it again, which is what has been said throughout this thread, and which is also the number one cause of weight gain.....

when did I say meal frequency did? when did I say exercise was absolutely required?

she also doesnt need to write down her age to lose weight either, why didnt you call me out on that too?

step off me noob

ummm, F in your list is 'meal frequency' :huh:

and her age is relevant is assessing her calorie target.

Op, I agree with those who say 2lb is a normal fluctuation though - as long as the overall trend over time is downwards then you do not have a problem.

Her answer to meal frequency would tell me a lot about her.

Seriously I've been here for a day and can tell why most of you dont lose weight.

You read up on things and take them way to literally, then you dismiss all other common sense.

"halp, im actually losing weight and feel great but my computer generated TDEE says I need to eat 400 more calories or Ill die, what I do?"

"or halp, my BMR is 1700kcals but Im eating 1100 and am not losing weight. I eat one terrible meal per day of soda and chicken and don't do any resistance training because recent findings has shown that exercise is not needed, so I wont do any".

Real weight loss is a cumulative effect from many factors. Contrary to what you believe its not always as easy as just eating less.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    OP, I would guess you're overestimating your calorie burns. However, that wouldn't cause you to gain 2 pounds. Try eating half of your exercise calories back, drink plenty of water, and weigh again in a week. Weight is naturally fluctuating, so just look for a downward trend over time.

She doesn't eat them back, so any logging is immaterial.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey OP

Please state:

F. Meal Frequency

Okay, what's the purpose of all your questions?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    OP, I would guess you're overestimating your calorie burns. However, that wouldn't cause you to gain 2 pounds. Try eating half of your exercise calories back, drink plenty of water, and weigh again in a week. Weight is naturally fluctuating, so just look for a downward trend over time.

She doesn't eat them back, so any logging is immaterial.

Ahh, I didn't notice. Then it's either just a normal fluctuation or an error in logging, but I'm leaning toward the former.