Working Out In Your Pajamas

Options
2»

Replies

• skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Really what are "gym" clothes though? Unless your exercise is really cardio based, ie where chafing and a lot of sweating were to occur then I could see where certain fabrics or moisture control shirts would benefit. BUT if one focuses on weights, then I don't see if it would be a problem.

I wear a semi oversized/flowy t-shirt (similar to what someone may wear to sleep) and fruit of the loom cotton sweat pants to workout in, doesn't really bother me.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    At home, I'll work out in whatever. For the gym though a certain level of fit is helpful--oversized or undersized shirts, non-stretchy fabrics, etc. would not help facilitate a good workout.

(Found out the hard way what happens in yoga with a slightly too large shirt... :blushing: )
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who would get arrested for indecent exposure? I don't wear the birthday suit, but I definitely could not be seen working out in ma jammies... However, if I felt that they were appropriate for public, I would absolutely rock them for a workout. One less outfit to wash. I'm all for less laundry.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have done it and I would do it again.