Your most stupid injury

Options
WeepingAngel81
WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
Ok...my foot was injured while at work on Wednesday. I'm training for the Goofy Challenege at Disney in January so though a bit frustrated, I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about it. This lead me to realizing I am really, stupidly accident prone!

The worst was probably when I dislocated my elbow, busted my lip, and twisted my ankle all from walking and stepping off a sidewalk the wrong way. I was heading to a friends house around dusk and I just wasn't paying attention. I landed funny on the edge of the sidewalk and down I went. Passed out, and woke up to it being dark outside. I walked in, and must've looked like something out of a horror movie. Bloody was dripping down my face, I was limping, and my arm was skewed. My friend screamed for his brother to wake up. They thought someone had beat me up, so his brother went flying around the block looking for someone. The entire time, I'm trying to explain to them that I did it to myself. I ended up passing out again before they called an ambulance! It happened in a small town where I was a bar tender so half of the volunteer department showed up! They said they knew it was me by the description. 4 ambulances, 2 fire trucks, and 2 cops. All I needed was a parade hahaha!

I'm in a little pain today, and just needing a good laugh, so please share with me some of the stupid injuries you have had!

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I threw out my lower back by just walking once. This was a long time ago.
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Oh no! Knowing me, that'll be next on my list. That doesn't sound very pleasent at all!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    When I moved my pole from the livingroom to the sunroom, I didn't realize the ceiling was so much lower, and I broke 3 toes when I kicked the ceiling. I felt so stupid I tried to hide it, but the pain was awful I needed this silly ugly boot thing for 4 weeks so that my foot and toes wouldn't flex and could heal.

eta: I told everyone I dropped something on it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Oh Jennloella! That did make me laugh. I'm sorry, I know that had to hurt, but I could see myself doing something like that. A heavy piece of bronze fell on my foot off a pallet, so this was not my fault, but it hurts like crazy!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Riding a bike down a gravel driveway too fast, tire skidded out from underneath me, went flying into the ditch landed on my elbow. My husband says "Oh come on get it" Yeah I couldn't, I shattered my radial head in my right arm, dislocated my ulna and had to wait two weeks for my replacement head...ouch! All because I can't ride a bike..lol!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    without a doubt it was when I went "Blllaaaaarrrrggghh!" really, really hard and pulled my tongue. I'm not even kidding....hurt like crazy for at least three days.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Riding a bike down a gravel driveway too fast, tire skidded out from underneath me, went flying into the ditch landed on my elbow. My husband says "Oh come on get it" Yeah I couldn't, I shattered my radial head in my right arm, dislocated my ulna and had to wait two weeks for my replacement head...ouch! All because I can't ride a bike..lol!

my husband and I bike every weekend, but riding on gravel gives me such anxiety, I won't do it!! I prefer dirt.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    fell off treadmill ok that sounds normal but not really it was because I had zoned out it stopped and I didn't and down I went and of course in front of 2 trainers at the gym. I felt stupid waking up in GMs office no clue of what happened. Glad I didn't see reactions.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have never really been that accident-prone (watch, saying that I will walk out of work and wind up with some absurd injury)!

There was one occasion when I was a teen, though. I went to a store called The Accessory Place (or something like that) to look around while my stepmom was shopping in a matronly store next door. I was walking out of the store and walked STRAIGHT into a glass wall, it was like a bird flying into a plate glass window. I think I just got a headache and minor bruise/swollen area on my forehead, but it was extremely embarrassing!! The *thud* reverberated through that part of the mall, I'm sure, and the store employees were freaking out about not wanting me to leave without an accident report. I would have none of that, I was just so embarrassed LOL
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I broke the blood vessels in my face from pooping too hard.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I broke my nose chasing my brother, trying to get him to smell my fart and falling on my face when I was 5. :ohwell:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My daughter got sick one night and I was not putting her back up on a top bunk so that I would have to climb up there to clean barf, so downstairs we went so she could lay on the couch with a puke bucket.... I apparently forgot that I was walking down stairs at the bottom and completely missed the last two steps.

At 4 a.m. in the dark my sick child is asking me if I am okay. A few moments later my husband appears out of nowhere to see if I am okay. He sets up my daughter with TV and her puke bucket and helps me back to bed. When I wake up later, he is stating home because I can't walk thus I can't take care of the girl. I call the Doctors office and get an urgent care appointment.

As my husband takes both of us to my doctors appointment, my daughter starts getting sick in the car and we are panic looking for a bag for her to puke in. I can't help as I am unable to move one of my legs much without setting my foot on fire. My husband is trying his best to hold his **** together but you could see the stress on his face. We rummage for a bag and she is set, we get back on the road and make it to the Kaiser facility.

Trying to find the parking lot at a place we had never been was fun... We finally locate it and end up having to park on the 2nd or third story. I have a fear of parking garage elevators so clearly this is only going to add to the experience. As I hop on one foot using my husband's staff, I have to stop every 20 feet or so. We manage to keep me from hyperventilating in the elevator (yay for small victories) and get to the first floor. Near the security station I find a sign that says wheelchairs are available
    >. We head that way.

Once located the wheelchair borrowing station, I was like a lost puppy. I had never been there and had no idea what policy was. I stepped inside and asked the elderly volunteer if I needed to sign anything or what I did need to do to be able to borrow the chair. He couldn't hear me. After repeating myself 3 times he was all up in my personal space and finally figured out what I was asking. He insists on helping me get the wheelchair, rather than letting my husband do it. As he does this, he leans on the back of the wheelchair (while nobody is in it) and it tips over. He falls... onto, that is right.... my broken foot.

A scene has erupted now. Me with a broken foot, my sick daughter with her bag, an elderly man that has fallen and as timing would have it there are 3 nurses there arriving to give the elderly gentleman a flu shot.

It was a fun day. Left foot... but I have a manual transmission car, so it was a long few weeks.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options

my husband and I bike every weekend, but riding on gravel gives me such anxiety, I won't do it!! I prefer dirt.

Gives me anxiety NOW! lol
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Riding down my mums stairs on my trike when about 3 straight into the wall that was at bottom
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    20 years ago, when I was in high school, I was a life guard at our local swimming pool. I would walk up and down the side of the pool twirling my whistle around my fingers. I somehow hit my thigh with the whistle and managed to hit it hard enough that it left a bruise in the shape of the whistle!! To this day, my family referrers to it as a weeney wound.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Fractured my foot fighting my husband for the remote.

I won.

:bigsmile:

That would be the most stupid. I also shattered my left ankle trying to cross the monkey bars at the warrior dash in 2013. I went to let go, looked down, saw the muddy water and figured I was good to go. NOPE. I caught the edge of my toe on the bank and now I've had 2 surgeries in a year and still left with a plate and 7 screws holding everything together (but hey, it's down from 9 screws so I'm improving!)
  • frayst
    frayst Posts: 62
    Options
    I was in 3rd grade and I was demonstrating to my mother my high kick...in socks on a polished floor. It must have looked like those cartoon banana peel falls. I bruised my tailbone so badly that I could barely walk for a few days, and I couldn't run or jump for almost a month. My pride hurt even more...
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    Getting up to use the bathroom during the night and ripping the cartilarge in my knee. (I've had consistant probs with it over the years). This resulted in 2 1/2 weeks off work on crutches. :grumble: :mad:
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Once trying to mount my bicycle, I swung my leg over from left to right (not realizing the bike and I were on a slight downward incline), completely missed the pedal, and fell over with the bike going to the left down the incline and me going to the right. Banged my knee really bad and really should have seen the doctor, but I convinced myself it would heal quickly enough. It didn't - took about two months and I have a permanent scar the size of a quarter.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Cut open a toe on a Kraft dinner box. Went to the ER for stitches and an updated tetanus booster (because, you know, Kraft dinner box which had been who-knows-where) and the doctor, while stitching me, said that I didn't need them because the injury (open skin under the toe knuckle) is fairly common and would just break open again. Thought I was being smart by going to the ER for help, but I just got told I shouldn't have bothered.