Quest bars...not so fast!

Options

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Got it. Quest bars are toxic because they contain Monk fruit and Sucralose.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19464334

Fooducate isn't living up to their name.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are a gift from the gods
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Sorry not buying the info that blog is selling.

Show me the science not the opinions.
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "Whenever we see natural flavors added to a product, we try to imagine what it would taste like without them. Added flavors are made in labs and serve to mask the lack of flavor of the other ingredients in the product. Ask yourself this – do you need to add natural flavors to food you prepare at home?"

YES! OF COURSE. have you never added vanilla extract to your baking??? of course you use natural flavors to your food, because natural flavors ENHANCE the flavor, not mask, not fake, enhance. this is just fear mongering.
  • radimage
    Options
    I love fanboys. Enjoy your snacks.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me I need to order more.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really don't understand why these are so popular. They don't taste that great or special, they taste like a flavored protein bar. Back to the article... I see the blogs point, would be better if there were scientific sources to some of the casual claims. Which is a pet peeve of mine.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I had my first Quest bar because my friend gave me one when I was hungry. I though it was tasty.

I am in the best shape of my life and I eat whatever I want. I know companies try to sell me their products with lies. I just eat what tastes good to me.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Because I'm bored I even went and looked at this... Did you even read the whole thing? Cause here's a part taken from the link you posted:

"But let’s pretend for second, hypothetically, that the claims ARE true. Even then, it doesn’t change my opinion of Quest Bars AT ALL from a nutritional PoV (ethics aside).

The primary claim is a drastic overstatement of fiber content. Personally, I eat Quest bars — and I believe most others do, too — because they’re a clean, HQ protein delivery mechanism. The fiber is a nice little added bonus; like the sprinkles on top of a decadent red velvet cupcake. But they have so many other strong pluses — low sugar, HQ protein content, extremely clean ingredients, and a stevia sweetened line — that even if you cut the fiber down from 17g to 5g, they’d still be marginally better than almost every other protein bar anyway.

And if you’re worried about a potentially *unthinkable* 20% jump in calories, it’s a net increase from 170 to 204 per bar. 34 calories. Gasp.

The Bottom Line: Keep your Quest Bars and continue eating them without thinking twice about it."
  • mig720
    mig720 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

You fail so bad that it isn't even funny. From your own link:

What we do know is that ConsumerLab, an independent testing agency, tested the nutritional content in Quest’s Banana Nut Muffin unprompted. The results? Everything — including calorie and fiber content — was identical to Quest Bar labels. 2

The Bottom Line: Keep your Quest Bars and continue eating them without thinking twice about it.
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They're not that great. Just the newest trend if you ask me. I feel the same way about all protein bars (just candy bars for fitness people). I love them, but still think of them as a treat. Don't get why people are making such a big deal over them.
  • radimage
    Options

Because I'm bored I even went and looked at this... Did you even read the whole thing? Cause here's a part taken from the link you posted:

"But let’s pretend for second, hypothetically, that the claims ARE true. Even then, it doesn’t change my opinion of Quest Bars AT ALL from a nutritional PoV (ethics aside).

The primary claim is a drastic overstatement of fiber content. Personally, I eat Quest bars — and I believe most others do, too — because they’re a clean, HQ protein delivery mechanism. The fiber is a nice little added bonus; like the sprinkles on top of a decadent red velvet cupcake. But they have so many other strong pluses — low sugar, HQ protein content, extremely clean ingredients, and a stevia sweetened line — that even if you cut the fiber down from 17g to 5g, they’d still be marginally better than almost every other protein bar anyway.

And if you’re worried about a potentially *unthinkable* 20% jump in calories, it’s a net increase from 170 to 204 per bar. 34 calories. Gasp.

The Bottom Line: Keep your Quest Bars and continue eating them without thinking twice about it."

A company that lies about one thing, is sure to lie about others. I was just putting out info I found. Eat whatever makes you happy.
  • radimage
    Options
    The first rule of fight club SHOULD be:

Don't state information about Quest bars.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

A company that lies about one thing, is sure to lie about others. I was just putting out info I found. Eat whatever makes you happy.

Find me a company that does not lie and then we can have a discussion...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading it. I love Quest bars so hard.
  • mig720
    mig720 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

What part of "Tested by independent lab on their own accord, product contains what label says" do you not grasp?
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I've heard it all before.

Quest bars for life.