what are the foods your glad you dont like?

Options

Replies

• Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    green olives. I was at my sister's for the weekend and they ordered a combination pizza for dinner on Saturday. I had a slice from the half that had green olives on it the next morning and it tasted like I was eating a bowl of salt.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Donuts:

Don't get me wrong, they are delicious and all, but they are something I have no problem staying away from when people bring them into the office.

Pumpkin pie:

I hate it, just grosses me out which is a good thing at this time of year :wink:

Edited to add more.
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    Soft drinks of any kind, beverages with sugar, I just drink water. I do not enjoy fast food or any pre-packaged foods anymore. I am not a fan of salt. The healthier I eat the more I lose my taste for poor quality foods. I also do not eat much meat, I usually like a diet heavier on the veggies and light on the animal protein.
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    I left out
    Beer
    Potato Salad
    Fruit Juices
    Canned fruits
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Coke (all kinds)

Pumpkin

McDonalds

Chinese food
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I don't like mayonnaise or creamy savoury sauces (hollandaise aside, which, given that I refer to mayo as 'spaff', you'd think I would hate, go figure). I make a mean wild mushroom soup full of cream and nutmeg with homemade walnut bread, but I gag from the smell when making the soup.

I also don't like supermarket: cakes, bread, pastries, pies or most meat. I'm not trying to be a snob, I eat hotdogs after all, but I really prefer homemade stuff or the stuff I get from the butchers. I know just because it's made on the premises with local meat etc it doesn't make it any less fatty or salty, I just find those things inedible and really wonder how people can eat them. I don't eat cake with icing on either, so cupcakes look beautiful but taste nasty. I have no trouble staying away from shop bought brownies and flapjacks and things that lie about at work.

I don't like frozen chips, fish fingers, chicken nuggets, supernoodles or pot noodles. I don't like melted cheese that's really oily, such as cheddar or mozerella, which means that pizza is 'meh' to me and I don't like thick doughy crusts on pizza either. A thin one made in a decent place with minimal or no cheese is good though. I hate frozen pizza.

Honestly, I think real ale, chips from the chippy and rancid cheese made me fat. I seem to dislike a lot of things that other people like. Though I am heartened to see so many people disagreeing with the need for mayonnaise to be in everything.

Also left out fizzy pop. An occasional coke is nice on holiday somewhere warm, but anything else is gross.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    pork... I just can't :sick:
  • RunningRoundParis
    RunningRoundParis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pastries
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    mayo
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese ????
    Rice pudding ????
    *kitten* ????

I started to say, I really hope that's a typo... Until I realized what type of food item that was. :/
    I was a bout to jump to a conclusion.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Beer; I wish I could cause then I'd be a cheap date (haha! :bigsmile:) but it just tastes gross to me. I know there's lots of empty cals there, so that worked well....until I found ciders! :drinker:

also generic sheet cake and frosting I'm not a fan of....For my birthdays, my mom would buy ice cream cakes for the party, haha in January in the Midwest! Crazy kid I was!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I mean, I understand that there WILL be people who don't like bacon... It just blows my mind at how many there actually ARE. That's ok, though. I'll take your unwanted bacon! :P
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. Cant stand the stuff! lol
  • Texnell
    Texnell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, not much I don't like ..... hence the need to lose weight.

Beer
    Oysters
    Sushi
    Egg Plant
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am critically allergic to all cocoa products, for which I am grateful for, since I don't have to deal with the urge to eat candy bars and a lot of cakes and stuff. I also cannot eat gluten, so even more pastries and highly processed stuff is out. It helps a lot with weight loss, as I already have a restricted diet, so just switching things around to make things healthier is not that big of a deal for me.

I also don't like mayonnaise, miracle whip, and other fatty dressings, except for Caesar and ranch, but ranch only for dipping- helps me keep salads truly healthy. :D

I really, REALLY like cheese, though. So that is a negative. :D
  • angjolras
    Options
    I highly dislike cakes. I also dislike mayo, sauces, potatoes(especially fried) and bacon.
    I am allergic to rye and wheat flour. But I eat a piece of black wheat bread(my wheat allergy is on a lower level than my rye allergy) from time to time.
  • jane21480
    jane21480 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hate FRENCH FRIES !! Yes, you heard right , I can't stand them, hate them. YUCK !!
    I think this is one of the reasons my husband married. me. First date I gave him my french fries and told him to enjoy, I hate french
    fries. I think he thought I was the prefect date. 34 years later, I still hate french fries and give them to him if they come on my plate with a meal. :):heart:
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So many people are saying they are glad they don't like Nutella. I didn't know anyone outside of continental Europe even knew what that swill was.

In 2007, it was something I could only find in specialty stores. Sometime between then and now, it became a thing in the US and you can now buy it at any grocery store, next to the peanut butter. It's sweeter than the European variety.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise
    Olives
    Hotdogs/bologna/sausage/salami/peperoni - really any of those processed meat-ish things
    Ham
    Soda
    Marshmallows
    Flavored chips
    Coffee flavored anything
    Cheesecake
  • lillypop18
    Options
    Alcohol! apart from the occasional beer.. and kebabs the only food that really does repulse me.. maybe if I drank alcohol I might find kebabs more appealing.. But the thought of a greasy kebab makes me shudder.. if I'm going to have fast food it's going to be mexican... mmmmmm