I challenge all of you

Options
banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
I challenge you all to become healthy with me and become oblivious to your scale! My test last month is now over. I tested to see if it mattered if I weighed myself every day as opposed to once every 2 weeks, and you know what? I lost 2 more pounds when I wasn't looking!

So here is my challenge, every day I will log on here and confirm whether I did, or did not look at the scale! I ask all of you to do the same. After 1 month I will take a quick peek, and I'm sure I will be surprised and overjoyed at the results, but it doesn't matter, because I will be healthier! I hope you all become my watchdogs (and companions) in this as I think it is the BEST way to become healthy!

Replies

• banks1850
    Options
    I challenge you all to become healthy with me and become oblivious to your scale! My test last month is now over. I tested to see if it mattered if I weighed myself every day as opposed to once every 2 weeks, and you know what? I lost 2 more pounds when I wasn't looking!

So here is my challenge, every day I will log on here and confirm whether I did, or did not look at the scale! I ask all of you to do the same. After 1 month I will take a quick peek, and I'm sure I will be surprised and overjoyed at the results, but it doesn't matter, because I will be healthier! I hope you all become my watchdogs (and companions) in this as I think it is the BEST way to become healthy!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    banks I would join you but the group I am in keeps me on the scales. But as it is right now I am only weighing once a week anyway because my scales here at home have gone squirrelly on me.
    But you keep up the good work and I will be cheering you on.
    You are doing great!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Your challenge, it terrifies me...which is why I must join you.

I'm devilishly close to my goal weight (which has gone down twice now) and obsessed. So, I'm all in.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i would be more than happy to join you. So im definitely in!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Nice! I didn't look today. Glad to have you guys with me!
    and thanks for the support Loretta_Jo!:happy:
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in - I did look today - but that was before I read the post, so it doesn't REALLY count, right??? :wink:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sorry Banks, I can't resist looking. The surprise at the end of 2 weeks or a month would be wonderful, but I like the frequent progress assessments. :) Good luck to you all, though!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Hhhmm...this sounds pretty tempting. I'm still not too sure though. The thought of me NOT knowing on a weekly basis...scares the crap outta me. I don't know if I'll be able to do it...for a WHOLE month huh? :noway:

Well..let me think about it...I will post a definate reply tomorrow. I have to "sleep" on it for a bit.

Naj
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I would love to join but... the scale is my drug.
    It motivates me.... how about 2 weeks instead of a whole month?:bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    after the first few days it gets easier. That being said, this is suppose to reduce stress, not increase it, so if it really bothers you not to look, then look, stress is a trigger for most people either by releasing hormones that cause fat storage, or by triggiering other bad habbits (I.E. stress eating).

Training yourself not to look at the scale as often will eventually train you not to care about your "weight", but more about your health.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Ok, but I can't start until tomorrow since I always weigh myself 1st thing in the morning and that has been done already! I won't be going a whole month, though, because I have GOT to know before I go for Thanksgiving dinner!!!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely competitive! But this is one challenge that is going to have to wait (weight) for me. I've just started on this and I love the gratification of weighing in and seeing those pounds drop. Another addiction or habit that I've just started.
    When I'm not trying to watch my food intake, I don't bother even looking at the scale so.....maybe, in a month I'll be ready to be brave.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    aww Banks I just bought this scale. So I will have to think about it too.:tongue:
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    :smile: i am thinking of doing this.. a lot of times when i weigh myself... it ruins my day if i havent lost as much as a want. or none at all.. i think body fat % is a better factor

no one weighs on mondays right:tongue:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have to sit this challenge out. I have a scale for the first time in my life and it is working for me. I only bought it one month ago and since it is working for me I am not going to go without. Besides that I like the instant gratification and notice on how I am doing and I really like my body fat percentage information.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok, so I just bought this fancy-schmancy scale and I don't think I can resist. Maybe I'll try...we'll see...
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    i didnt weigh myself!!!! but i will on friday.. it will be one week from when i started this(well a week and two days).. so i want to see if something is working.. then i will lay off the scale
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Yes, Rissa...I usually weigh in on Monday's but...I've decided to weigh in tomorrow. I think my weekend was TOO damaging for me and I don't want to have gained weight.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me too Najah5150. I usually weight in on Mondays and I also had a BAD WEEKEND but I'm going to give this a try for the next couple of weeks. I didn't weight in today! :smile:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Ok, I'm going to try this. I too have to start tomorrow. I need that beginning weight to start.
    Another thing... I need to weigh in before Thanksgiving dinner b/c my family is insanely crazy about good food and I must try everything... of course, in moderation... :smile: (My sister went to culinary school and she is always trying something new)...