71 pounds down moobs still not going away

Options
let me just start by saying I have never hated something so much.
I'm 169 pounds 5'11 18 years old and I would post pics but I'm pretty much embarrassed they're super apparent when I wear a shirt without something over it ( sweat shirts / hooded sweater )

any other guys that had a hard time getting rid of them?
I see people around my weight who are pretty much flat around the chest and I have full on man boobs.

Replies

• maccarossi1
    maccarossi1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Do some weights, resistance exercise etc. to build muscle around the area
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor at all? You might suffer from gynecomastia. It's from excess growth of breast tissue and not fat tissue.
  • phipps3113
    Options
    I have read that dairy can add to this problem.

If your weight loss is recent, some areas are going to retain fat until your body reaches an equilibrium. Some resistance training is good. Perhaps doing exercises with high repetitions, but not high / heavy weight, to burn the fat and lean out the problem area.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Mark
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor at all? You might suffer from gynecomastia. It's from excess growth of breast tissue and not fat tissue.

I was told to get down to my goal and if the problem is still here to go in for a visit.
    but I was reading that if it is Gynecomastia the area would be sensitive.
  • philwrightfitness
    Options
    Firstly chest and stomach are the primary areas of fat deposition in men so these areas tend to be the hardest to shift it from, so although it's annoying just persevere with the fat loss regime you're on, it may be hormonal as suggested earlier, so you could investigate that, however I would also look at your diet, some foods such as soy can have an oestrogen like effect on men if consumed in high quantities so perhaps swap these to non soy alternatives
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 169 pounds 5'11 18 years old and I would post pics but I'm pretty much embarrassed they're super apparent when I wear a shirt without something over it ( sweat shirts / hooded sweater )

I see people around my weight who are pretty much flat around the chest and I have full on man boobs.

know how you feel son..i have had huge knockers all my life. just got used to it. had them checked about 30 years ago when i was 15. cut me open and confirmed that it was fatty tissue. i really think they will be the last to go. every time i lose a large amount of weight, my stomach shrinks noticeably but not a dent in my boobs. if anything, they look bigger.

am not doing a good job of giving encouragement here but just know you are not alone and i really think that they will subside..eventually. hang in there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights and did you while you were losing the weight?? If not, start yesterday!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    They can be genetic, I've seen thin guys with them, unfortunately. I would go back to the dr and have him reassess the issue since you've lost so much weight (congratulations btw!)
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    definitely do some weight training dude, moobs are a ***** to get rid of. it's hard to tell if it's just fat or a possible hormonal condition without pics though.
    They can be genetic, I've seen thin guys with them, unfortunately. I would go back to the dr and have him reassess the issue since you've lost so much weight (congratulations btw!)
    Instead of having him go back to the doctor he could show us what he looks like for better advice.

in for boob pics
  • Maqneta
    Options

know how you feel son..i have had huge knockers all my life. just got used to it. had them checked about 30 years ago when i was 15. cut me open and confirmed that it was fatty tissue. i really think they will be the last to go. every time i lose a large amount of weight, my stomach shrinks noticeably but not a dent in my boobs. if anything, they look bigger.

am not doing a good job of giving encouragement here but just know you are not alone and i really think that they will subside..eventually. hang in there.

• Maqneta
    Options

I'm gonna go to the doctor if he isn't sure I'll post a picture and see if it looks like Gyne
  • Maqneta
    Options
    Do you lift weights and did you while you were losing the weight?? If not, start yesterday!

I just started weights any specific exercises needed for the chest area?
  • Maqneta
    Options

I'm gonna go to the doctor if he isn't sure I'll post a picture and see if it looks like Gyne
    Seems like a backwards approach. Kind of like you want it to be Gyno when you could actually get good advice by providing us the full story.

I'm just a bit embarrassed of how it looks honestly.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Lift the weights, see the doctor and buy a bra. Kidding! I joke. Just keep working on it. You'll lose the moobs. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have a question...are breasts and "moobs" the same? As far as tissue goes? Ha...I feel dumb asking but now I'm really interested.

Anyway, if they are...mine went away from lifting :)
  • Maqneta
    Options
    Lift the weights, see the doctor and buy a bra. Kidding! I joke. Just keep working on it. You'll lose the moobs. :)
    lol thanks :P