Is Anyone Else just Life Exhausted

Options
wedge421
wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
Im just burnt out on life, family and my job. Anyone else just feel like they need a change?

Replies

• KatieMcCakes
    KatieMcCakes Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes. 100%. School, work, family dynamics... everything.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a change... I need a vacation!
    But yes. Exhausted.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Just got back from vacation. Not really exhausted, but I know I will need another one soon. Getting back into the swing of things is hard.
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I need my 'managers' at work to get their *kitten* together and I'd feel less drained.
  • wedge421
    Options
    I just got back from a week long vacation and I am instantly stressed out again. I thought it would help but apparently not
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    YUP, I think everyone feels like that at one time in their life.:ohwell:
  • ElizabethE89
    ElizabethE89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just gave birth to my son 7 weeks ago. He's the love of my life. But I have to go back to work in two weeks and I'm barely getting by with everything that needs done on so little sleep the way it is. Not to mention I had to pick up my husband from the hospital last night after a totally uncharacteristic "I'm not old and boring even though I have a kid" drinking binge with his friends.

I feel you.
  • KatieMcCakes
    KatieMcCakes Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    all this time I've been thinking it's a vacation I need... maybe it's a kick in the rear. :laugh: At any rate, I know how you feel... Y'all hang in there.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes. If something doesn't give I may lose my mind.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Talk about stressed out. One of the ladies who reported to me at work passed away suddenly (was not even sick and never missed work because of sick days in 7 years). Then another employee turned in his resignation about 48 hours later. Luckily I was able to find two internal employees and made them offers this week.

My boss doesn't help because she is panicking and won't let me breathe, calling me for every little administrative thing.

Then on top of that, I am in a doctoral degree program and have to submit my updated proposal tonight.

Not to mention family and all the other things coming at me.

Right now I am "escaping" on MFP instead of working on the proposal because I am so ready to get in the bed, pull the covers over my head and go to sleep. SIGH!! :sad: :cry:
  • wedge421
    Options
    I have a 4 year old and this vacation was the first time in 10 years my wife and I have gotten away together for this long. I missed him the entire time but a day after I get back I was exhausted and felt like he was just pushing my buttons. What am I doing wrong!! I also feel like my wife is super annoyed with me because I "didn't miss him enough" and didn't "appreciate the time we had together" . I just feel like a total *kitten* at this point and wish I didnt spend the money on the vacation
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.

3 kids, same old same old everyday. Wake up, work out, kids to school, work, make dinner, referee kids, kids to bed, clean, lunches, sleep, do it again.

Could use a break, and less refereeing of the kids. They are in a mood lately.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Totally. I couldn't even enjoy a vacation at this point since I know it's finite and I'd have to come back to the real world. I want more than just a break.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but for me it's more about everyone around me being so involved in their phones/facebook that they don't realize there is life beyond that. It seems to make people more 'rude' when they have to deal face to face and it is draining. People space out faster when trying to have conversations, or check their phones. So I escape and put in my earphones (gym) and zone out at home.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Yes! 2 toddlers, sleeping only 5 days a week because of working the night shift, l plus keeping a household running. I need a break to catch up on sleep.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to burn down the house I live in because of mice.
  • KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yes! would love to move to another country
  • wedge421
    Options
    I completely agree, for me its wake up, get breakfast for me and the kiddo, workout,shower,make lunch,take him to pre K,make my work lunch and then work from 3-midnight, come home and workout again, watch a TV show, go to bed and repeat.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Deep breaths, my lad. All of us have those moments. I think anyone who doesn't must be a freak. Life is exhausting! However, I am unwilling to explore the alternatives at this point. :wink: Look around you, and instead of thinking about what exhausts you about life, look at what you have to be thankful for.

For me, I compare my life as it is to what my life could be had I been born in a less prosperous country. I think about the child my husband and I sponsor. She wouldn't be eating well or going to school if it weren't for my $35 a month. Think about that. $35 a month is chump change to me, and it's enough to lift a child out of poverty. My life could be a billion times worse than it is. I am, comparatively, living like royalty. If Fabiola (the girl I sponsor) could see my life and what I consider a problem, she couldn't fathom living a life where food is so abundant that she would be worried about having too much.

When I focus on how blessed I am and not on my problems, life feels easier.
  • wedge421
    Options
    I work 2nd shift so I feel your pain.