Is Anyone Else just Life Exhausted

Replies

• KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Talk about stressed out. One of the ladies who reported to me at work passed away suddenly (was not even sick and never missed work because of sick days in 7 years). Then another employee turned in his resignation about 48 hours later. Luckily I was able to find two internal employees and made them offers this week.

My boss doesn't help because she is panicking and won't let me breathe, calling me for every little administrative thing.

Then on top of that, I am in a doctoral degree program and have to submit my updated proposal tonight.

Not to mention family and all the other things coming at me.

Right now I am "escaping" on MFP instead of working on the proposal because I am so ready to get in the bed, pull the covers over my head and go to sleep. SIGH!! :sad: :cry:

speaking as someone who finished a doctoral degree......get off MFP and get that proposal in! you are at the end.....the light at the end of the tunnel is near! :-)
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    I hear ya
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I just got back from a week long vacation and I am instantly stressed out again. I thought it would help but apparently not

I think it's common to feel blue after coming back from vacation. I felt sooo sad and stressed when I got back this year. Took me a week to turn around.
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Just remember, never say, "it can't get any worse."

Fate just loves a challenge like that.
  • wedge421
    While I can appreciate your positive outlook I am not a god fearing person so church has not and will never do it for me. My profession is in medical sciences and I was raised a Buddhist . I am a firm believer in the ideology that we all are good people and are here on this spinning rock to eliminate suffering from others. This post was more or less my venting of me not knowing how to do that and understanding that we are all just human and want to be at peace with out selves. With that said I understand it is a life long journey and it is amazing to see all of your respond to this post and join in the journey
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    A glass of good wine will make it all better
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Yes. If something doesn't give I may lose my mind.

Im planning a week of me time next summer. Out of state, away from the kids and the husband and my life in general. I'm praying it's enough
  • wedge421
    A glass of good wine will make it all better

Im a craft beer guy and as I write this Im indulging on a killer brew to help :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Job-wise most certainly. Other than that, life is peachy! I'm finally pregnant after 6 years of trying.
  • wedge421
    I just gave birth to my son 7 weeks ago. He's the love of my life. But I have to go back to work in two weeks and I'm barely getting by with everything that needs done on so little sleep the way it is. Not to mention I had to pick up my husband from the hospital last night after a totally uncharacteristic "I'm not old and boring even though I have a kid" drinking binge with his friends.

I feel you.

I have a 4 yer old and you essentially summed up my life haha!
  • KappaMarc

that's the statement of the year
  • wedge421

that's the statement of the year

The unfortunate part is I live by the idea that im always waiting for the other shoe to drop
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Im just burnt out on life, family and my job. Anyone else just feel like they need a change?
    I do! I'm checking into the hospital tomorrow as Leon and will be leaving as Leona.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    If you just returned from vacation and already burning out again - You need to change something. If it is your job - start looking into something else asap! It typically only goes down from there.

If it is your marriage - get into counselling ASAP

If it is your kids - get a baby sitter ASAP.
  • wedge421
    Im just burnt out on life, family and my job. Anyone else just feel like they need a change?
    I do! I'm checking into the hospital tomorrow as Leon and will be leaving as Leona.

I completely support that change. But for me its not that black and white I guess
  • wedge421
    If you just returned from vacation and already burning out again - You need to change something. If it is your job - start looking into something else asap! It typically only goes down from there.

We were just away for a week without our son and the second we came back I was like oh wow, we were not a away at all. He just started PRE K so im hoping that helps..hoping
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    I was kidding of course. Just wanted to give you a chuckle. I always peruse CNN and read about the horrors of living in some bad places n the world. Always gives me some perspective. Hope you feel better soon bud.
  • wedge421
    And while I can appreciate all of the thoughts of prayer etc, please know I am a person of science. By trade I am a medical professional. I am a agnostic and just do not get the drawing force to a god .
  • If you just returned from vacation and already burning out again - You need to change something. If it is your job - start looking into something else asap! It typically only goes down from there.

We were just away for a week without our son and the second we came back I was like oh wow, we were not a away at all. He just started PRE K so im hoping that helps..hoping

As someone with a 10 year old and a 2.5 year old I keep reminding myself that it gets easier...
    diapers go away (presumably that's done for you)...then they can buckle their own car seat...then tie their own shoes, etc.

It gets easier.
  • KappaMarc

It's not always that simple for some people.