Foot injury and exercise

Options
I've somehow hurt my foot, it's not too serious but it hurts slightly when I walk.
I guess that running is totally out but I wanted to go to the gym and use the bike and elliptical as they wouldn't be so hard on my sore foot. I want to do squats too but it hurts when I put my own body weight on my foot so I don't really know what my exercise options are right now. Not exercising at all is not an option right now. I can go swimming 3 times this week but feel I should be doing more than just that. Opinions?

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    If you have pain, I suggest you listen to it. Your mind may want to keep pushing, but your body wants rest. Swimming might be okay depending on your technique so why not do that as long as the foot is hurting? You can get a great workout from it.
  • midnight419
    midnight419 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ice and rest it until you can walk without pain.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've somehow hurt my foot, it's not too serious but it hurts slightly when I walk.
    I guess that running is totally out but I wanted to go to the gym and use the bike and elliptical as they wouldn't be so hard on my sore foot. I want to do squats too but it hurts when I put my own body weight on my foot so I don't really know what my exercise options are right now. Not exercising at all is not an option right now. I can go swimming 3 times this week but feel I should be doing more than just that. Opinions?

You have to heel up before you exercise, otherwise you'll just make it worse. Meaning stay off your foot, other exercises could be upper body weight training and swimming which would be low impact on your foot.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    YeahI just did a lot of swimming this week and my foot is fine now, thank you for the input :)
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    This was helpful I too am experiencing a walking pain from running primarily with a forefoot strike and poor show selection. Rest is what I need.

Thank you!