20 lbs before Christmas

Options

Replies

• Justin_34
    Justin_34 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose 20lbs before xmas? Why not reach your fitness goals all year around. Why do people diet and exercise for a few months then want to gain weight until the following year rolls round?
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would love to be down 23lbs by Christmas!!! So count me in as well!! :-) Restarted my diet today after the Canadian Thanksgiving...good thing too, I think I probably gained 3 lbs since this weekend started. I too have been gaining weight due to stress... 30lbs within the year.... time to turn it around!
  • ketb22
    ketb22 Posts: 4
    Options
    I need and want to do this. I've been trying to lose the last 20 pounds for forever (been stuck for forever after losing about 45-50) for the last year and a half after starting my weight loss journey in late 2010.

Then again I also started running on road, trails, and trained and ran a few half marathons and my first full marathon in that past year and a half. So there's that. I know I have more muscle and all that but I really really want to get to about 130 or so because I still have the excess fat that needs to go away!

I've started a somewhat low-carb diet, more of just trying to go no-fruit, no added sugar for as long as possible.

If people want to know why the no fruit and all that, look up "Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution."

When I tried it the first time, I lost about 9 pounds in a couple weeks. My petite 5'2" Mom lost 16 in a month and my Dad lost 32 in a couple months when we all did it together. The hard part is it is so difficult mentally to keep up.

So now I'm restarting it, along with strength training several times a week and running several times on other days.

And by the way...
    I'm Karen
    5'4"
    SW: 148 lbs
    GW by Christmas: 128 lbs
  • ketb22
    ketb22 Posts: 4
    Options
    joannd825 wrote: »
    Count me in.. what is everyone doing? It is hard for me to get to the gym with the hours I work, however I do walk about 2/2.5 miles a day back and forth to work. I am new to MFP and I am really trying to lose weight I have gained way to much and need to get a start at a better life.

Look at what you are eating. If there's any added sugar, like in coffee drinks, teas, sugary drinks, etc. Cut those out right now. Even better cut out all fruit. If that's too hard, ease out with berries and apples, limit one serving a day. And freaking stuff green leafy vegetables anywhere you can into your day, salads, at dinner, etc. That's kinda stuff I'm doing. If you want more specifics this is my favorite book and what I'm following and it doesn't require exercise at all (but the walking is great keep that up!): "Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution." :smile: Good luck!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Justin_34 wrote: »
    Why do you want to lose 20lbs before xmas? Why not reach your fitness goals all year around. Why do people diet and exercise for a few months then want to gain weight until the following year rolls round?

Cause otherwise the gyms would be really full. In my country the ebbs and flows of the seasons are called "endorsement memberships" :o

Good luck everyone :D
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Why isn't this posted in the group section for everyone to join? I'm game.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sw:220
    cw:214
    gw:165

stg:199
    or 195 by christmas
  • Lollipopslady
    Lollipopslady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in!! With all the people who have agreed to do this.....think about how many pounds we could loose as a group. WOW, we could set a record!
  • TaiRaiLyn
    Options
    Me too! Count me in! C:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yes please!! It's been a while since I was part of a group like this:

Steph - 5'5''
    SW: 172.6 lbs
    GW: (by Christmas): 152.6 lbs
    How I'm aiming to reach my goal: dance and zumba classes, lifting, running, and going back to Paleo eating. :)

Thanks!
  • ThatDoll
    ThatDoll Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Me too!

SW: 162-165 (different scales say different things :/)
    GW: 142-145
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why do you want to lose 20lbs before xmas?
    It would be awesome, but I know that it will be unlikely for me. I refuse to cut my calories insanely low just to meet a 2lb per week loss rate. I'm expecting maybe 11lbs lost. When the challenge was started there was a little over 11 weeks till christmas, so for those with a significant amount of weight to lose it's not all that far fetched of a goal.
    Why do people diet and exercise for a few months then want to gain weight until the following year rolls round?
    Even if I lost 20lbs, I'd still have weight to lose. There is a dress however that I'd like to where on Christmas and it would be awesome not to have to buy an XL. I'm not just going to stop because the challenge is over. Joining challenges like this can be fun. My ultimate goal is 20% BF and I'm not even sure I'll make that by this time next year.
    Although I didn't want to, I did have to stop working on my weight loss goals last year and for a full 9 months too. It sucked and rocked at the same time. I still have about 7lbs to get to where I left off last year.
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy if I get to onederland by 01JAN15.
    With 11.5 weeks, not sure I can accomplish that.
    That's 18 lb as of this morning.
    After the horrible, rotten, terrible, no good day I've had (eating-wise), that'll probably be a bit higher tomorrow morning. :frowning:
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I gained 30 lbs more July and September. I'm trying to kick start losing with Nutrisystem and a weekly visit with a personal trainer, so I can get back too smaller portions and regular yoga.

4'11''
    SW: 176 lbs
    GW: (by Christmas): 156 lbs (back to my July weight with 30 more to go)
  • sheliajim
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15-20 by Christmas, gained a little on vacation. I'm in.
  • Hal_Jordan77
    Options
    Count me in.

5'10"
    Starting weight(today): 193 lbs
    Goal weight (Christmas): 170 lbs
    Plan: Diet + weight-training & cardio 5 days a week
  • joyThegymmonster777
    Options
    I would love to lose 20 pounds by then!! 140 here I came!!
  • kikisian
    Options
    count me in.
  • Kalisha901
    Kalisha901 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tabby_123 wrote: »
    Hi all! Who wants to lose 20 lbs before Christmas? I'm trying to start a support group! Comment below if you'd like to join!

I'm Tabitha
    5'4''
    SW: 179 lbs
    GW: (by Christmas): 159 lbs
    How I'm aiming to reach my goal: a combination of a low(er) carb diet and jogging 30 minutes 6 times a week

Who's in? :)

I'm in!!!!