The Biggest loser--Extreme Weight loss, FAD diets--Oh Boy!

Options
2»

Replies

• astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like Extreme Weight Loss, I think Chris Powell really cares about the people he takes on--both their physical and emotional wellbeing. His whole program is good diet and plenty of exercise, and the "transformations" happen in the client's own home/environment for the most part, and they do most of it themselves. Yes, they exercise 2-4 hours a day, because they are trying to lose 200+ pounds in a year. If they were planning on taking longer to lose the weight, they wouldn't have to exercise as much. For most of them though it is important for their health that they lose as much weight as quickly as possible because their weight is causing serious health risks.

I don't care for The Biggest Loser.
    +1

I agree. Chris Powell and his wife seem to make genuine connections with those on the show. I believe they really care. Their program is a bit extreme, but it is still realistic. Unlike The Biggest Loser, they don't seem to be looking for shock value but instead want to help people change their lives for the long haul.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The average 9 year old today weighs 10 pounds more than a 9 year old in the 1950's. Scary.

Building bigger football players.

I saw something on RealSports I think where parents were getting their sons up in the middle of the night to feed them peanut butter sandwiches so they gained weight to play linemen for High School.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The average 9 year old today weighs 10 pounds more than a 9 year old in the 1950's. Scary.

Building bigger football players.

Only if women played professional football, you might have something in that statement-LOL
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like Extreme Weight Loss, I think Chris Powell really cares about the people he takes on--both their physical and emotional wellbeing. His whole program is good diet and plenty of exercise, and the "transformations" happen in the client's own home/environment for the most part, and they do most of it themselves. Yes, they exercise 2-4 hours a day, because they are trying to lose 200+ pounds in a year. If they were planning on taking longer to lose the weight, they wouldn't have to exercise as much. For most of them though it is important for their health that they lose as much weight as quickly as possible because their weight is causing serious health risks.

I don't care for The Biggest Loser.
    +1

I agree. Chris Powell and his wife seem to make genuine connections with those on the show. I believe they really care. Their program is a bit extreme, but it is still realistic. Unlike The Biggest Loser, they don't seem to be looking for shock value but instead want to help people change their lives for the long haul.

There's nothing realistic about losing 1/2 of your body weight in one year, nor is it realistic for the average person to exercise several hours a day, every day of the week.