Not recording all my binge food

Options
13»

Replies

• wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think for me the point behind the logging is that I tend to let calories creep up in the form of mindless eating. So, I still eat what I want but logging in forces me to at least be more mindful of what I put in my mouth. It also lets me know that I need to exercise a little more on the days I go overboard.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    drlaugh4u wrote: »
    Noticed another thing that has gotten out of hand.

block cheese. I started buying bigger blocks and using more and more, while recording less and less.

Result in 3 weeks gained 3 pounds. Still have a net loss of 35 pounds, but don't want to go in the wrong direction.

For me and some foods, 1 is too many and 1000 never enough.

Just saying

Also, speaking fo some foods, a few days ago, I reached a goal of 3500 days without ANY cookies. (not even fortune cookies)

And YOU _______?

Wow, 3500 hundred days without ANY cookies is quite an accomplishment!!! Just WOW, you are amazing.

It sounds like you are aware of what your trigger foods are. Are you aware of what causes the binging? Maybe emotional hunger, boredom?

All I can say is keep logging and be truthful about the amounts. No need to hide it from yourself. It's not like you have to answer to anyone but yourself.

Cookies and kettle chips are my kryptonite.
  • drlaugh4u
    Options
    comfort , boredom, pairing things like read & cookies, tv & cookies, writing & cookies..at least that's how it was. 1 was too many 1000 not enough so I stopped before the 1st one. It's the engine not the caboose that would get to you if you stepped in front of a train. Had a 10 day creeping small to large binge on chunk cheese and have to start that journey over ..been day 2 on that one. love and prayers...and the gift of laughter and acceptance when I don't know the difference (Joel goodman's end to the serenity prayer

Just got a children's book read to me last week. Mindful Monkey and Happy Panda.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I record everything, sometimes you might be pleasantly surprised.

I sometimes fall into the trap of 'well, I screwed up today, why bother tomorrow?' (because this makes so much sense?!?) But when I log it, I can see I was actually 2000 cals over or something. Not great, but you can work with that. I would have been convinced that I'd overeaten by about 10,000 and 'only' being 2000 over means I'm more likely to get back on track quickly.

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Just remember, your body "logs" whether you do or not.
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    shraab wrote: »
    I do my best to log everything right before I eat it. Sometimes seeing the extra calories added makes me put the food back down. However, I'm a total sweet and chocoholic. I made chocolate chip pumpkin muffins last week and scarfed four down before I even tallied the calories. In the moment, I just did not care. It sucked seeing I had basically eaten a 1200 calorie breakfast. I knew I'd binge on them again and gave them to a neighbor. My will power is about zero, so I pretty much cannot keep sweet things in the house other than fruits.

This is me..only thing I can keep is choc chip cookies..my kiddo and hubs love them..Im not super big on them..

I love banana bread and pumpkin bread..and chocolate..I have a hard time at one serving. Peanut Butter is a two sided coin...if Im in the mood..I will eat alot..but if Im not, I dont want any.
  • I am glad people are being honest about their binges. Last night at 10:00 pm, I was starving. so I binged on cheetos cheese puffs at least a handful. I made my husband take the rest to work this morning.
  • jane837
    jane837 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how consistent I am on days that I "eat whatever I want" - whenever I'm able to track it, it seems to always be around 4000 calories (clearly I love to eat!!!!).

Now that I know this about myself, if I have one of those days where I eat a lot of things that I really and truly can't track, I'll just plug in 4000 quick-added calories as an estimate for the day.

No matter what, try not to beat yourself up! You can always look at your calorie deficit on a weekly basis and balance it out by eating less and excercising a little more on the other days. It's all about balance over time. :smile:

Oh, by the way... I love cheese too and have been known to eat whole blocks. I do much better when I buy pre-sliced cheese because the portions are already measured out.
  • Gawanne15
    Options
    Got the urge to bake my own bread
    Haven't baked bread for years
    The wonderful aroma drifting out of the oven
    Thick slabs of heaven dripping in butter
    I will never make my own bread again!!!
  • drlaugh4u
    Options
    My scale also records everything I don't tally.
    I used to weigh every day, now I don't do it so often.

I'm not "The Number", but the number does reflect on my choices.

Got to watch out that guilt does not become shame.

Progress not perfection as "they" say.

So far I have not eaten any Halloween you know what.
    The reason, my wife and I decided not to buy any.
  • ggirard27
    ggirard27 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I log everything. In fact, I pre-log pretty much everything. It really puts in perspective how much impact that next slice of pizza will have on your calorie count.

Furthermore, whenever I eat things that "trigger the binge mode" in me, I weigh/portion what I take. I will never just take a handful of chips and guesstimate the portion size. If I can't know how much I'm eating (of the binge foods), I'm not eating it.

These are just MY strategies, and they've been working for me so far.
  • drlaugh4u
    Options
    I like the idea of planning and pre-logging. I'm going to start that.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am glad people are being honest about their binges. Last night at 10:00 pm, I was starving. so I binged on cheetos cheese puffs at least a handful. I made my husband take the rest to work this morning.

When one "binges" on a handful of puffs, I think it's safe to say that the word "binge" no longer means anything.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am glad people are being honest about their binges. Last night at 10:00 pm, I was starving. so I binged on cheetos cheese puffs at least a handful. I made my husband take the rest to work this morning.

When one "binges" on a handful of puffs, I think it's safe to say that the word "binge" no longer means anything.

My cheetos binge would definitely be at least half the bag if not more.