Healthy Fried Rice

Options

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    LOL wow, all these people hopping on the shoot-the-messenger train. What's healthy or not healthy to you may not apply to everyone. If this recipe doesn't apply to you, simply move past it and move on. Your "2 cents" is unneeded as your health requirements don't apply to it. It works for the OP and they wanted to share it, simple as that, so don't turn it into something it's not.

Thanks for the recipe OP. :)

Lol... People were asking legitimate questions, not blasting the OP. Not once was anyone rude.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. We love fried rice. I hadn't thought about adding cabbage either, sounds like a good addition.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    LOL wow, all these people hopping on the shoot-the-messenger train. What's healthy or not healthy to you may not apply to everyone. If this recipe doesn't apply to you, simply move past it and move on. Your "2 cents" is unneeded as your health requirements don't apply to it. It works for the OP and they wanted to share it, simple as that, so don't turn it into something it's not.

How is questioning a topic on an open forum to understand it shooting the messenger. No one is rude they are honest questions. If you read that link I put in up there, there are a few studies about brown rice vs white rice.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

This is posted in a general forum. If this recipe isn't intended for a general audience, then shouldn't it be in a group forum?

I'm not shooting the messenger. I'm just questioning the subjectiveness in the terminology.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that people just throw around the term "healthy" as if it means something specific. What's "healthy" to you may not be "healthy" to a vegan, someone who eats Paleo, or a diabetic. Like the example with the "healthy" pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are by no means "healthy" to anyone but someone who is looking for an excuse to eat chocolate chip cookies and still feel good about herself.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    No difference in calories. BUT brown rice has lower glycemic index (per Harvard School of Public Health) so is slower to raise blood glucose levels. This may not matter to everyone, especially if you only eat rice occasionally anyway, but for some people that's a very important difference.

That's me..

So why not call it "Low-GI" Fried Rice, instead of "healthy?" Inserting the subjective term "healthy" implies that this fried rice is somehow superior to its white rice counterpart.

Really... Why dont you ask the website www.slenderkitchen Where this recipe came from... If this recipe isn't for you, I totally understand , but wanted to share something that I had tried and liked... All done.........

I'm more concerned that you tried to pass this recipe off as your own.

If you copy something from a website please have the courtesy to say so and provide a link to the website, otherwise you're stealing content. :noway:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    No difference in calories. BUT brown rice has lower glycemic index (per Harvard School of Public Health) so is slower to raise blood glucose levels. This may not matter to everyone, especially if you only eat rice occasionally anyway, but for some people that's a very important difference.

That's me..

So why not call it "Low-GI" Fried Rice, instead of "healthy?" Inserting the subjective term "healthy" implies that this fried rice is somehow superior to its white rice counterpart.

Really... Why dont you ask the website www.slenderkitchen Where this recipe came from... If this recipe isn't for you, I totally understand , but wanted to share something that I had tried and liked... All done.........

If you copy something from a website please have the courtesy to say so and provide a link to the website, otherwise you're stealing content. :noway:

Agree!!

OP: That's a big NO NO!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Like the example with the "healthy" pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are by no means "healthy" to anyone but someone who is looking for an excuse to eat chocolate chip cookies and still feel good about herself.

Wrong. Chocolate chip cookies can be a part of anyone's diet in moderation.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Like the example with the "healthy" pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are by no means "healthy" to anyone but someone who is looking for an excuse to eat chocolate chip cookies and still feel good about herself.

I didn't say there's anything wrong with chocolate chip cookies; I eat them occasionally. I said they weren't healthy. :smile: Making them with pumpkin doesn't change that.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Try using cauliflower rice!

Cauliflower is not rice.... no no no
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options

This is a good idea too. I'll use cauliflower rice in recipes on days when I'm craving similar texture but not enough macros left in the day for real rice. :)
  • randomtai
    Options

I didn't say there's anything wrong with chocolate chip cookies; I eat them occasionally. I said they weren't healthy. :smile: Making them with pumpkin doesn't change that.

But they are healthy... they are food. *shrug*
  • randomtai
    Options

This is just sad. :cry:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

That's me..

Agree!!

OP: That's a big NO NO!!!

If you will all look at this can you not see where I said where this recipe came from... I said earlier in this post if you would have read it instead of accusing me of stealing content.. I said www.slenderkitchen earlier in the post... If you look at my other posts I am always careful not to do this. I posted this recipe to possibly help someone and giving a alternative. I am beyond sorry I even tried.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options

original_zps64c4c9e6.gif

It'll be ok :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Always double this recipe......family loves this

Healthy Fried Rice
    Servings: 6
    Serving Size: 3/4 cup
    Nutritional Information: 128.7 calories, 3.7g of fat, 15.9g of carbohydrates, 1.5g of fiber, 3.5g of protein
    Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 3 *

Ingredients

2 cups cooked, cold brown rice
    2 tsp vegetable or safflower oil, divided
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    5 scallions, chopped
    1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
    1 large carrot, grated
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1-inch piece ginger, minced
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    Instructions

Heat your pan over medium high heat. Whisk together the egg and egg white and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to the pan. Add the eggs and cook until just scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
    Add the remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil to the hot pan. Add the scallions, cabbage, carrot, garlic, ginger, and any other veggies you like. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they just begin to soften.
    Add the rice and cook for 2-4 more minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice begins to crisp up.
    Add the soy sauce and egg. Stir together and cook for 1 more minute.

No where in your original post did you mention where you got the recipe from
  • randomtai
    Options

original_zps64c4c9e6.gif

It'll be ok :flowerforyou:

2574445-4236261275-okaay.gif
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe OP!

P.S. The dogs in your photo are adorable!