Healthy Fried Rice

Options

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe OP!

P.S. Toe dogs in your photo are adorable!

Thanks..
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I forwarded this recipe to my mom because she sent a text earlier about not knowing what to do with the cabbage she got from gpa. So she's making this tonight and bringing me some =X win/win !
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Always double this recipe......family loves this

Healthy Fried Rice
    Servings: 6
    Serving Size: 3/4 cup
    Nutritional Information: 128.7 calories, 3.7g of fat, 15.9g of carbohydrates, 1.5g of fiber, 3.5g of protein
    Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 3 *

Ingredients

2 cups cooked, cold brown rice
    2 tsp vegetable or safflower oil, divided
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    5 scallions, chopped
    1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
    1 large carrot, grated
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1-inch piece ginger, minced
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    Instructions

Heat your pan over medium high heat. Whisk together the egg and egg white and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to the pan. Add the eggs and cook until just scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
    Add the remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil to the hot pan. Add the scallions, cabbage, carrot, garlic, ginger, and any other veggies you like. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they just begin to soften.
    Add the rice and cook for 2-4 more minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice begins to crisp up.
    Add the soy sauce and egg. Stir together and cook for 1 more minute.

No where in your original post did you mention where you got the recipe from

As I stated, I posted this and gave credit.... What do you want from me???... Do you scrutinize all the recipes here and question each poster?? Or do you just want to have the last word???
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Always double this recipe......family loves this

Healthy Fried Rice
    Servings: 6
    Serving Size: 3/4 cup
    Nutritional Information: 128.7 calories, 3.7g of fat, 15.9g of carbohydrates, 1.5g of fiber, 3.5g of protein
    Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 3 *

Ingredients

2 cups cooked, cold brown rice
    2 tsp vegetable or safflower oil, divided
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    5 scallions, chopped
    1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
    1 large carrot, grated
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1-inch piece ginger, minced
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    Instructions

Heat your pan over medium high heat. Whisk together the egg and egg white and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to the pan. Add the eggs and cook until just scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
    Add the remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil to the hot pan. Add the scallions, cabbage, carrot, garlic, ginger, and any other veggies you like. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they just begin to soften.
    Add the rice and cook for 2-4 more minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice begins to crisp up.
    Add the soy sauce and egg. Stir together and cook for 1 more minute.

No where in your original post did you mention where you got the recipe from

As I stated, I posted this and gave credit.... What do you want from me???... Do you scrutinize all the recipes here and question each poster?? Or do you just want to have the last word???

I love to cook and create my own recipes so yes I look over lots of recipes in the forums to get ideas. If something doesn't make sense I question it isn't that what a forum is about?

I don't want anything from you, you posted that this was healthy I would like to know what makes it the healthy version, which you can't answer. I also did go back to check and you did not give credit until you got defensive about the title of the recipe. So it was your recipe up until someone questioned it.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    All done...
  • Sheebee60
    Options
    Yikes, I'm not posting on here... it's dangerous. Recipe sounds great to me OP.

Hugs Sheebee60
  • Sheebee60
    Options
    Oh wait, I want one of your puppies... I love Sheppard's...
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Yikes, I'm not posting on here... it's dangerous. Recipe sounds great to me OP.

Hugs Sheebee60

Thank you...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Someone questions something, people scream "attack", "not being support of" or "being rude". Love the forums!!! :bigsmile:
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladybuglucy
    ladybuglucy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It was very nice of you to take the time. I am sorry you received such negative comments. One reason I will NOT comment on anything. But had to let you know I support you for being nice and trying to give others an option.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It was very nice of you to take the time. I am sorry you received such negative comments. One reason I will NOT comment on anything. But had to let you know I support you for being nice and trying to give others an option.

Thanks so much... I made a mistake and did not give credit on the original recipe. Look at my other posts. This is something that I always do.... I MADE A MISTAKE.... There, I'm human..
  • ht1211
    ht1211 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I recommend replace the rice with cauliflower. Everything else could stay the same, just take away the rice. It taste amazing, and it's cut the calories in half.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    I recommend replace the rice with cauliflower. Everything else could stay the same, just take away the rice. It taste amazing, and it's cut the calories in half.

Great idea.. Thank you
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I also love the idea of cabbage in it. Someone does sound a bit grumpy. It is healthier than what you'd buy at a restaurant especailly having less sodium. I'll be trying this out.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    LOL wow, all these people hopping on the shoot-the-messenger train. What's healthy or not healthy to you may not apply to everyone. If this recipe doesn't apply to you, simply move past it and move on. Your "2 cents" is unneeded as your health requirements don't apply to it. It works for the OP and they wanted to share it, simple as that, so don't turn it into something it's not.

Thanks for the recipe OP. :)

:wink: :wink: I don't like your attitude:wink::wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Not on *anything*?

:huh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

If you do this, please call the recipe (and MFP database entry) Fried Cauliflower and not Fried "Rice".

Thanks.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

If you do this, please call the recipe (and MFP database entry) Fried Cauliflower and not Fried "Rice".

Thanks.

Cauliflower should be outlawed!!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Thanks.

Cauliflower should be outlawed!!

Cauliflower is delicious*!

*when it's just being the veggie it is: cauliflower. I prefer roasted with other veggies (like root veggies) until slightly caramelized. Not so much, however, when it's trying to be a pizza crust or rice or some other already-delicious food.