Feeling Bad About Myself

Options
13»

Replies

• erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think the first week is the hardest part of the entire process! You're making a dramatic change from what you're used to.

Just tell yourself to "get back on the horse" tomorrow and give yourself a break. One day won't halt your entire journey.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I agree with alot of what was said here. It sounds to me like you want to make a life changing weightloss without changing your lifestyle. My suggestion would be to fill out the profile and goals sections looking to lose 1 pound/week. Let the program tell you what to eat instead of limiting yourself to 1400 calories. Second read some of the other forums to find out what the other women are doing. Ex:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145015-my-2011-52-7-7-challenge. MOST importantly, use this error as a learning experience. Thomas Edison once said regarding inventing the lightbulb, "I haven't failed 1000 times, I found 1000 ways that didn't work."
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    liberty741 I think the fact that you've been honest with yourself and brave enough to post it on the web is a huge step, good for you! Remember that any more than 1-2 pounds of weight loss a week is not healthy and that muscle weighs more than fat.

Try not to think about how much weight you want to loose, in total, just set small reasonable goals and go from there. For example don't think about loosing 60 pounds, think about 1-2 pounds a week or 4-8 pounds a month.

Continue to keep your food journal up to date. It could be that you caloric intake is a bit too low, start with 1800 and gradually reduce 50 calories a week until you get to 1400. If at all possible get rid of the foods that are tempting you. As a wife and mother I understand this is easier said than done! If it was up to me I wouldn't keep chips, cookies, ice cream or any of those things in the house!

What helps me from overeating is to drink an ice cold glass of water when I "think" I'm hungry and wait 5 minutes. If I'm still hungry, I try to "push past" it, or eat a piece of fruit or veggie sticks (w/o) dressing.

It's a challenge but stay the course and don't beat yourseld up about slip ups. Just get back to your routine the next day. Good luck!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    If your just starting out I would recommend allowing yourself like 1800 calories a day. This way you don't feel guilty plus you won't get those binge urges. Also add some more protein and fiber to your diet it will help you feel full longer. ;)

Best of luck honey we are all there with you from time to time. Today is a new day.

Good advice! when I first started my weight loss journey I was told to eat 1800 calories 4days a week and 1600 3days and my starting weight was 190. So I think 1400 is to low and your body rebelled against you. Also two week before tom comes for a visit I eat over 2000 calories for a couple days. Still eat that amount and don't worrie about it, it will all be okay its just what my body needs, I now weigh 152.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I've to agree with everyone else. You're calorie goal is probably set too low. Also, I find that eating 5-6 times a day really helps. I have "mini-meals" with light lunch. I feel like I'm able to splurge at dinner time. Remember you can "earn" more calories just by working out. :)

Best of luck! Stick with it...everyone here is sooooo supportive.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone in that you have to let it go and move on. Look at it this way, there may have been a time in your life when you wouldn't admit to a midnight munchie raid. You put it out there, owned up to it and asked for help. That is a WIN in my book!!

Best of luck to you :)
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    i'm sure we've all been there and done the same.
    i feel that the worse thing is to feel bad about yourself its not worth it, you know its fine we have set backs and you just start again the next day and eat healthy ;-) no need to put guilt on yoursel
    i agree with the others, maybe you should eat a little more to avoid frustration and have those little binges that could help
    keep going
    you can do it
    we can do it :)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE has those days. The fact that you have decided to change your lifestyle doesn't mean you are going to be perfect. If you make consistant changes, the rare cheats will not have as bad of an effect. Eat clean 90% of the time, and you will see results.

If binge eating is a problem, maybe counseling is the answer. I am an emotional eater - so I totally understand the guilt you are feeling.