Jumping Jack challenge

foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
How many can you do before becoming exhausted?

The calorie burn is intense, I dare you to try it!

I did 4 minutes worth, which was just over 250.

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    That's a good challenge. I'll have to take it up one of these days. Running stairs and Jumping rope are two other exercises that you can do for a few minutes and it will kick your *kitten* and give you a good burn.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Bump. I have to go out, but I'm going to do this when I get back.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member

250 calories for 4 minutes of jumping jacks?? I will try this today!
  • foxyforce
    try and beat me, this will be good motivation for all of us :)
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Ooh I might have to give this a go.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Sounds like fun, I'll have to try it when I get home from work tonight.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Jumping Jacks really hurt my boobs.. I cant seem to find a good sports bra that fits and supports them, otherwise I would try this.. UGH!!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    i'm going to have to wait until il get home tonight too...lol...i need my workout clothes which holds things more firmly in place...lol...:laugh:
  • foxyforce
    Jumping Jacks really hurt my boobs.. I cant seem to find a good sports bra that fits and supports them, otherwise I would try this.. UGH!!

When I go running I actually wear a bra a cup size too small for me (the lady at La Senza says it gives me 4 boobs...but I don't care), and a sports bra., I find it holds them in place.
  • We do a lot of 'jacks in the Kickboxing class I do but have never counted. (The instructor is a former amature boxer and builds around that training I guess). I'm taking a few weeks off from this class due to doctors orders, but will count when I can start doing jacks again.

Not tryin to change the subject, but on a different note, how about lunges? This same instructor had us do like 250-300 back and forth across the room in a class a couple weeks ago. My legs were torched for days!
  • foxyforce
    We do a lot of 'jacks in the Kickboxing class I do but have never counted. (The instructor is a former amature boxer and builds around that training I guess). I'm taking a few weeks off from this class due to doctors orders, but will count when I can start doing jacks again.

Not tryin to change the subject, but on a different note, how about lunges? This same instructor had us do like 250-300 back and forth across the room in a class a couple weeks ago. My legs were torched for days!

I will start a thread for that as well. I really want to compete. Sometimes I feel like the number doesn't matter if I can't share it with someone else that knows how hard it is.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    I haven't tried this again since that day last week or the week before, when you told me to try it...275 in 5 min, that was TOUGH!!! my legs were SORE the next day:bigsmile: especially my calves. i will make another attempt later :laugh:
  • ickybella
    Ok, I'm back. I'm going to wear my HRM when I do this, lol. What am I trying to beat?
  • foxyforce
    250 :)
  • ickybella
    Hmm, ok, that seems kind of evil and I've got a jog tomorrow, but here goes....
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member

Is that 250 jumping jacks or did you burn 250 calories?
  • According to mfp 4 mins of Jj would have me burning 54 cals
  • ickybella
    I just did 270. It took me about five minutes and I burned 50 calories. I stopped because my calves started to get tight and I don't want to be sore tomorrow, but I definitely thought I'd burn more than that! It will actually be about 44 when I subtract my BMR. Guess that's what happens when you do 30 Day Shred Level 1 so many times.
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    According to mfp 4 mins of Jj would have me burning 54 cals

Yeah, I ran it through the database too, so I figured I must have misread the OP. :)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member

I had this problem too hun but I just got a new one - it's a Freya Active and it's 20 times better than any I've ever had. Will send you a link
This discussion has been closed.