Some good things about my Husband

Options
Well! I just thought that maybe I should post some good things about Bob since it seems as though the only time he's mentioned is when I'm crabbing about something.
- He is not a controlling man, I can do whatever I want whenever I want to
- He loves my cooking!
- He loves his baby girl
- He makes me feel safe
- He is a good kisser
- He is pretty laid back, doesn't like to argue
- He's a very generous person, he'll help anybody out anytime
- He's very intelligent (good at millionaire lmao and are u smarter than a 5th grader)
- He always remembers my birthday
- He takes care of me when I'm sick
- He mows the lawn lol
- When he feels like talking he really is a good conversationalist
- Taylor loves her Daddy
- When I can get him to snuggle, there's no place I'd rather be
- We always have a blast when we go camping!
All in all he treats me pretty good, if it weren't for the drinking, I would have to say that we would probably almost never argue, so we need to work on some things, but I love him just the same! :)
There, now I'm not a husband basher anymore tongue0001.gif

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well! I just thought that maybe I should post some good things about Bob since it seems as though the only time he's mentioned is when I'm crabbing about something.
    - He is not a controlling man, I can do whatever I want whenever I want to
    - He loves my cooking!
    - He loves his baby girl
    - He makes me feel safe
    - He is a good kisser
    - He is pretty laid back, doesn't like to argue
    - He's a very generous person, he'll help anybody out anytime
    - He's very intelligent (good at millionaire lmao and are u smarter than a 5th grader)
    - He always remembers my birthday
    - He takes care of me when I'm sick
    - He mows the lawn lol
    - When he feels like talking he really is a good conversationalist
    - Taylor loves her Daddy
    - When I can get him to snuggle, there's no place I'd rather be
    - We always have a blast when we go camping!
    All in all he treats me pretty good, if it weren't for the drinking, I would have to say that we would probably almost never argue, so we need to work on some things, but I love him just the same! :)
    There, now I'm not a husband basher anymore tongue0001.gif
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    lol wtg

Your silly
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    lol I know hehehe
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe since I've been so pissy with my husband lately, maybe this is a good idea lol!!
    1. not controlling
    2. never gives up on me
    3. always trying to make me happy
    4. great father
    5. caring
    6. always helps with the kids (baths, changes diapers, middle of the night feedings.....)
    7. helps around the house (dishes, dusting, sweeping, makes the bed....)
    8. supportive
    9. fun to hang out with
    10. wants the best for his family
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I think posting those things made me feel alot better about things actually. I reminded myself of the good things instead of focusing on the crap. YAY! except now I miss him lol and he'll be gone for 4 days sad0020.gif
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread... seems like hubbies get a bad rap.

Mine is as close to perfect as you can get... well, to me. No one else would think so! :bigsmile:

Goes to work every day to take care of us, whether he feels like it or not
    Loves that I have things I love outside the house and family
    Helps with the housework
    Makes me my english muffin breakfast almost every morning
    Is super funny
    Is super creative

And the biggie, he tolerates my horses, and has even grown quite attached :love:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I'm so proud of you guys.

:happy:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    awe! If i ever choose to get married I'd want a combined version of yours! :flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this. I am divorced, but I still value my ex-husband. Although it was not right for us, he is a good man who loves his family and that includes me. In the begining, I decided that I would not talk *kitten* about him. The negative energy would have crumbled me. I focused on the positive, and it snow balled. Again, we are not together, but that doesn't mean we have to wish the worst for eachother. I was reading what peej76 said about her man, and it would all fit for my ex. I am a lucky girl.... AND I get to look for a new incredible man!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    It's okay to VENT....doesn't mean we don't LOVE:heart:

Loving Successful relationships = Respect, Communication, Compassion, Caring, Flexibility, Patience, Tolerance....and this all in a nutshell = :heart: (love)

It'll never work if it's one-sided.....all take and no give! How many sad times have I seen that happen to friends!:cry:

My hubby is my soul-mate....I wanna grow old and die having given all my love to him.:heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Well......

My hubbz is J & Banks combined... oh what a lucky girl I am! *sigh*

nuff said!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    lol Jo! lucky you :)
    See isn't it nice to say good things about our men? I wonder if they say the same about us!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It is but they kinda sorta get on my nerves fast... I did say KINDA SORTA.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    This is one of the best threads ever. All the women I know complain about their men and I never hear anything positive. Not very encouraging for the single girl looking for love.

Keep showing the love.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    AW loving this thread!

I love my husband sooo much- he's awesome...
    He isn't controlling at ALL, we never fight we DISCUSS, he listens, he loves me no matter how much I gain or lose!! He is an awesome father and helps out with the kids (even when our three year old is having a melt down!) lol- he supports me in my ideas/ventures...he is SO smart...he's a great guy, he would help anyone at anytime...... and to think- I met him on the internet!!
    THANK YOU TECHNOLOGY! =:laugh:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I've got a super hubby too.

He loves God and is involved in our church (that's real important to me.)
    He is a fabulous daddy to our children
    He is tall and handsome, has great hair,eyes, hands, and body
    He is super strong
    He is one of the smartest people I know
    He is a hard worker
    He smells great
    He never complains about keeping the kiddos when I need or want to go somewhere alone
    He gets me diet cherry limeades from Sonic
    I could go on.

Yeah, there are things that drive me crazy too, but all in all I'm very thankful for my man.:smile:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    ...... and to think- I met him on the internet!!
    THANK YOU TECHNOLOGY! =:laugh:

Me too! We got married after having known each other 'for real' for two weeks. He proposed at our first meeting! :bigsmile:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    awww that's so sweet you guys! I miss my husband..lol I want him home so I can force him to snuggle!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. :smile: I will contribute later, but right now I'm too busy - about to spend time with MY awesome husband. :happy:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My baby is a complete military man with all the attitude that comes with it, but when he walks in the door, he switches it off (mostly). But is a great husband, supportive when I need it, backs away when I ask, loves me completely w/o smothering me. Loves the boys and will do anything for them or me. And yeah, we can fight like cats and dogs, but we both can say sorry, we both can admit when we were wrong, and well, um the make-up sex is always good. He can cheer me up with his smile and when he wraps his arms around me, o.k., I am stopping now or I am going to go jump my hubby and give my kids a show. I love hearing how many other people are happy with their s.o.'s!!