He's goofy
    He's good to our cats, so I can't wait to see him with kids
    He's a life-long learner
    He's a teacher
    He's passionate
    He listens when I need him to and offers advice when I ask for it
    He gives me plenty of space to do what I want to do
    He washes the dishes when I cook
    He's completely supportive of every new adventure I set out on....
    He lets me snuggle (and then fall asleep) on him when we rent movies

Ladies, I can see you're green with envy!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Sigh, despite everything lately...I will join in.

My husband is:

Tall, dark and handsome
    Good to animals (loves to rescue strays or abandoned pets)
    Extremely intelligent and hard-working
    An excellent father and very hands-on with our son
    Scratches my back! LOL
    A good friend to others
    Supportive and complimentary about my weight-loss
    Is very generous and thoughtful
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Good thread - we do complain too much. My husband is a great guy too!

He rarely goes out with his buddies after work.
    He stays calm when I freak out.
    He acts really silly to make me laugh when I'm down.
    He is a fantastic dad.
    He is appreciative of what I do around the house and with the kids.
    He always tells me what a good mom I am, even when I feel like I'm not.
    He supported me going part-time at work even though the loss of half my income scared him to death.
    He joined MFP with me, so he eats healthy with me!
    He buys flowers once in a while.
    He got my best friend and I a day at the spa - a humongous extravagence for us.
    And he's cute too!:love:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    well, gosh, I must jump in!!!!

Compaired to my ex,????

So many reasons I love him.

Almost married 1 year now 6-29.

we never argue
    we love the same things
    we both get emotional when one or the other is having a bad day
    we start or finish each others thoughts
    he puts me first for a change
    we have known each other since i was 14, but i married someone else and he waited for me
    he writes me notes, txt and never fails to tell me how much he loves me and how pretty and smart i am
    and the list goes on and on
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    no husband, but I have a fabulous boyfriend who's...

brilliant (in nursing school at Columbia and planning on going to med school after he gets his RN)
    the most kind person I've met.
    always willing to do absolutely anything to make me smile.
    he always recognizes the fact that I need space and distance from him (I have a fear of commitment and he's very patient with me)
    he's attractive and very fit...keeps me motivated.
    he is nothing like any of the previous guys I've dated (i.e. he's not addicted to drugs)
    he's always the first to apologize.
    he doesn't mind picking my drunk friends and me up at the bar...(sweet)
    he reads to me at night...
    he thinks I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, that means so much to me.

not perfect, but he's got a pretty good start.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    I forgot the almost at the top reason I love my husband:

He can aim and he puts the toilet seat down!!
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    aaw, Lauren, I wouldn't consider you a husband basher...we all need to vent about our honeys sometimes, it's life, no matter how much we love them. Don't feel bad about it, you never really said anything bad about him.

I wish I saw this thread before I put up my new one....
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    lol, oh well :) there can be more than one thread about loving our hubbys. hehe..I just wish mine would come home! he's gotta take care of business though I suppose
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Ok Ok I have a great husband.:heart::heart:

lol

My husband enjoyed reading some of the threads.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    This is a great thread :smile:

Some things I love about my hubby.

He has a wonderful sense of humor and always keeps me laughing
    He's a wonderful father
    He's good at saving money, which is great cause Im totally not lol
    he always give me kisses when saying goodbye, hello, and many times in between
    he always says I love you, no matter if hes mad at me or not lol
    He calls me from work just to see how I am and if my day is going well
    He listens to me ***** and complain , and doesnt complain about it
    He loves kids, everyones, since he's just a big kid imself.

We also met on the internet 10 years ago. and have been together 8 years in august :bigsmile:
    The first time we met face to face , he proposed, and I moved to Canada 2 weeks later
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    ...... and to think- I met him on the internet!!
    THANK YOU TECHNOLOGY! =:laugh:

Me too! We got married after having known each other 'for real' for two weeks. He proposed at our first meeting! :bigsmile:

AWWW =o)
    We met online and after our first date I just KNEW there was something there you know? Like a LOT!! BUT as the fates would have it, he had to go away (out of town) then got back together with an ex, and I ended up getting back together with an ex for a year...when that year was over I was STILL thinking of Jamie (my hubby) and soooo I emailed him and turns out HE was just breaking it off with his ex, and we have been together ever since...he's 9 yrs older and he said had he thought I really was serious about him he never would have gotten back together with her....ah the things we do!! lol
    So after wasting a year apart we got married the following year....now we've been married six years =o))
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Aww that's a romantic story :) My husband and I met through mutual friends...months prior to actually meeting I had been dating one of his "friends" and he said he had seen us together and was so green with envy...lol he said he thought "why can't I have a woman like that?" So as soon as we actually met, he wasted no time making it obvious that he wanted me...lol He was so cute, he came in the house where I was hanging out and immediately turned around went home, showered and shaved, and changed and came back all within a half hour..lol A week after we got together officially he bought me a toothbrush and cleaned out a bereau for me :D That was the sweetest thing ever.
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member

We also met on the internet 10 years ago. and have been together 8 years in august :bigsmile:
    The first time we met face to face , he proposed, and I moved to Canada 2 weeks later

That is so cool! Me too! Within two weeks of meeting I was married and living in Napanee with Steve. So I'm not the only crazy broad out there, huh? :wink: Only kidding. I tease him and say I'm either incredibly brave, or incredibly stupid... leaning toward the latter!

:laugh:

Ange
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842

That is so cool! Me too! Within two weeks of meeting I was married and living in Napanee with Steve. So I'm not the only crazy broad out there, huh? :wink: Only kidding. I tease him and say I'm either incredibly brave, or incredibly stupid... leaning toward the latter!

Ange

When my hubby came to Tennessee to visit my job was working with mentally and physically handicapped adults. I joke and tell him the main reason I agreed to marry him and move to another country was because I thought I could "help" him. lol :laugh: I love him to pieces and he makes me very happy. And although we moved quick after the face to face I don't regret a single thing since.
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member

Ange

When my hubby came to Tennessee to visit my job was working with mentally and physically handicapped adults. I joke and tell him the main reason I agreed to marry him and move to another country was because I thought I could "help" him. lol :laugh: I love him to pieces and he makes me very happy. And although we moved quick after the face to face I don't regret a single thing since.

LOL Ditto for me too. I feel like I'm so lucky. I lived in Ontario with hubby for 6 years, and we moved back to Virginia last summer. He seems to really like it here in the mountains. But if he said to me tomorrow, "Hon, I just can't be happy, I want to go back to Canada," I'd pick up and go.

Now THAT'S bonkers! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I love my hubby because : he eats all the strange food he's not used to just to support me.
    walks with me when I don't want to move my booty.
    shows me he appreciates all the hard work I have done to get this far.
    he's willing to let me buy whatever I need to keep the weight loss going and
    I want a HRM lol
    most of all he says I love you no matter what I would weigh.

There I put my 2 cents in too:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: