Daily Check In - Month of January

Options
2»

Replies

• goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

What would I have done differently? Skipped the 1/2 glass of port wine in the jacuzzi last night

Now why would you want to do that... sounds like a nice way to end your productive day :bigsmile:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options

What would I have done differently? Skipped the 1/2 glass of port wine in the jacuzzi last night

Now why would you want to do that... sounds like a nice way to end your productive day :bigsmile:

Would totally have enjoyed it but it wasn't very good port! That's why it was 1/2 a glass!! :laugh: Now if it had been great....
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stayed within my nutritional goals

What would I have done differently? gone to step class

What is today's personal goals? stick to nutritional goals

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • lstpaul
    Options

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stayed within my nutritional goals, enjoyed my nutrition class

What would I have done differently?

What is today's personal goals? stick to nutritional goals, already did an hour of step

• Hoosiermomma
    Options

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stayed within my nutritional goals, enjoyed my nutrition class

That Sounds interesting!! Where do you do that?

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Just barely. According to discussions on MFP the closer I get to eating all of my allowable calories the better.:wink:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yep

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Added the calories and stopped eating (just in time)

What would I have done differently? A little less rotisserie chicken!! Whew, is that full of FAT!

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical, stay under for calories, be productive (again sticking with these goals)

Exercise weekly progress 3/5 for this week.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yesterday - 400 calories short :noway: Not on purpose. Weird how one day I'm so hungry and the next I'm not interested in food!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Had a deficit that will probably be handy through this weekend :laugh:

What would I have done differently? Moved around a bit more. Sppent most of the day at my desk

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical, stay under for calories, be productive (again sticking with these goals)

Exercise weekly progress 3/5 for this week.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Well, here I am all by myself!! :brokenheart: Really ok about that I guess since it's doing me good to check-in daily... but anyone who wants to join is certainly welcome!! It's a quick and easy way to stay on track!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes! Even with a second glass of wine!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Had a deficit but did get a little closer to my calorie limit

What would I have done differently? Had 1 more healthy snack and one less glass of wine

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical, and stay close to my calories. Today we celebrate my 49th birthday!! Kids and hubby are cooking so I'll have to be careful about portion size!

Exercise weekly progress 5/5 for this week! First time in a long time!! Nothing like Jamaica for a little motivation!
  • goldk
    Options
    I'm here... I'm here :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Been doing a great job with the workouts but having a hard time with the calorie intake. I am not going over too bad but I should not be going over at all and I would love not to eat ALLLL my exercise calories. That is the only way I can lose... UGH... I will keep up with the great workouts and hopefully it will all fall back into place.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No - over slightly
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set any but I did go to the gym and track my calories
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? 55 mins on the elliptical
    What would I have done differently? not eat all my exercise calories and then some...
    What is today's personal goals? 60 mins elliptical, some weights and not eat all my exercise calories
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Glad to see you here GoldK! :happy:

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Went over by almost 500

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I thought I was close considering :ohwell:

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Kept myself in check

What would I have done differently? Could have skipped the starter cocktail and probably would have done better the whole meal! (reminder water, agua, H2O, wasser, !!!!)

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical, and have a calorie deficit. Eat light for dinner to night (possibly going out)

Exercise weekly progress 6/5 for this week! Another First!! Nothing thing like Jamaica for a little motivation!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Slightly over

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Hadn't set them

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Ate very lightly at Bible study (chicken Tetrizinni - Pretty sure it was not a skinny version!)

What would I have done differently? Done something active (Watched the game from the couch)

What is today's personal goals? Pack, Eat healthy and stay on track!

Exercise weekly progress 6/5 for last week! Planning on spending time in the hotel Gym in Jamaica! I can take advantage of the fact that no one is an early riser on vacation!

Monday weigh in 138 (up .6) Got to watch those calories!:frown:

See you all (who ever is watching!) Next week!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not sure - probably not
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? ? :noway:
    What would I have done differently? gone for a walk
    What is today's personal goals? 60 mins elliptical. not eat all my exercise calories and MORE H2O!!!!
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise

Last week 5/7 days of exercise... goal is the same this week :bigsmile:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? stayed below on calories but ate too many carbs
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no - but didn't do too badly
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? TWO hours of exercise at the Y - pump and step
    What would I have done differently? had 1/2 of the individual pizza for supper
    What is today's personal goals? stay under on calories, already did an hour of step at the Y
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Elliptical for 60 mins
    What would I have done differently? Not eat the 3 cookies b4 bed
    What is today's personal goals? Go for a walk (done... in 3" of snow with boots) and not eat all my exercise calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • lstpaul
    Options

That Sounds interesting!! Where do you do that?

I'm taking a 12 week class at a place called Nutritional Weight and Wellness in St. Paul. It's pretty interesting - the main ideas are to lower your sugar intake to no more than 8 tsp (32 carbs) per meal, and to eat 3 balanced meals and 2-3 balanced snacks a day. A balanced meal or snack is 4oz protien, a carb (grain, fruit, veggie), and a healthy fat (olive oil, butter, heavy cream, avacado, nuts or nut butter). To eat less carbs you pretty much have to stop eating most processed foods. Oh and no artificial sweetener (so no diet pop). I would have to say that eating more protein, less carbs and more snacks has really helped me to stop having cravings in the late afternoons like I always used to. I'm eating all the 'right' foods pretty easily - but I do need to pay more attention to serving sizes because I'm eating too much of the fats.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? went over on calories, but did stay within nutrition class guidelines
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no - but didn't do too badly
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? went to my nutrition class and still sticking with it
    What would I have done differently? gone for a walk or gotten some exercise in
    What is today's personal goals? stay under on calories, already did an hour of step at the Y
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/7 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Elliptical for 65 mins
    What would I have done differently? Had a pretty good day
    What is today's personal goals? Shovel... shovel...shovel and maybe some sledding :bigsmile:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stuck to my plan
    What would I have done differently? eaten 1/2 the rice at lunch - didn't need it
    What is today's personal goals? stay under on calories, need to do some exercise today - maybe a walk at the mall at lunch?
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I didn't track but I think did pretty good :smile:
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went for a nice walk and didn't overeat
    What would I have done differently? track my calories
    What is today's personal goals? track my calories
  • goldk
    Options
    NEW POST!!! Lets make February a great month :bigsmile: :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165560-daily-check-in-february
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    I'm taking a 12 week class at a place called Nutritional Weight and Wellness in St. Paul. It's pretty interesting - the main ideas are to lower your sugar intake to no more than 8 tsp (32 carbs) per meal, and to eat 3 balanced meals and 2-3 balanced snacks a day. A balanced meal or snack is 4oz protien, a carb (grain, fruit, veggie), and a healthy fat (olive oil, butter, heavy cream, avacado, nuts or nut butter). To eat less carbs you pretty much have to stop eating most processed foods. Oh and no artificial sweetener (so no diet pop). I would have to say that eating more protein, less carbs and more snacks has really helped me to stop having cravings in the late afternoons like I always used to. I'm eating all the 'right' foods pretty easily - but I do need to pay more attention to serving sizes because I'm eating too much of the fats.

Sounds like great "learnin'" to me!! In my head I know good choices but sure could use a pep talk once in awhile!