Burrito Casserole

Options
Healthyby30
Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
Ok, soo many people messaged me for this and its for dinner tonight, so its finally getting posted. I'm in a hurry so hopefully there's no mistakes (I double checked but you never know), going to the gym!

This is my hubby's FAVORITE meal ever! I had to think of a way to reduce some of the calories b/c we eat it a few times a month and I enjoy it as well.

This dish has 12 servings that are only 244 calories a piece!!! Love it! This one is actually my own, so yay haha.

6 Buena Vida Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas - found these at walmart, only 70 calories a piece!
1 lb lean ground beef
1 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
1 16 oz can fat free refried beans
2 10 oz cans enchilada sauce, whatever heat you like. I personally love verde :)
1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups Kraft 2% Mexican cheese blend

Preheat oven to 375, grease a 9x13" pan.

In a medium skillet, brown ground beef with garlic and onion until cooked through. Add in taco seasoning, refried beans, 1.5 cans of enchilada sauces, and green chiles. Let simmer for about 10 to 15 min.

Layer sauce in bottom of pan, using just enough to cover the bottom. Layer 2 of the tortillas down then add about half the remaining sauce and 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat layer once then add one more layer of tortilla with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake 15 min, remove foil and cook additional 10 min or until heated through and cheese is bubbly hot.

Divide into 12 equal servings, my hubby likes extra sauce which is there is 1/2 can remaining. Can also add tomatoes and lettuce if desired, and of course sour cream but don't forget to add in the calories!!

Nutrition facts as follows!

Per serving
Calories 244, Carbs 15, Fat 12, Protein 19, Fiber 4, Sodium 815

I usually serve this with some Spanish Rice on the side or some fiesta type veggie like corn with peppers - maybe even the spicy creamed corn I posted earlier in the week!

Enjoy!! :)

As always, this recipe was posted in my blog: www.cookinglightwithcourtney.blogspot.com

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks so much for posting! :bigsmile:
  • michelleadams
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I will have to try this for the family! Have a wonderful day and good luck with the weight loss : )

Michelle
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! I am going to try to cook this one day!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • bubblie117
    bubblie117 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good! Thanks for posting!
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    yummmmmmmm
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to try it. Sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing and for posting the link:)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Will have to make this for sure. I was thinking about how it would taste with some fresh pico de gallo on it too.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting. I will be trying this next week or over the weekend sometime.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    bump...gonna print and add to my healthy recipe binder
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good, I cant wait to try it!!!
  • sbusch21
    Options
    bump
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    Your recipes make me hungry! Yummmmy!!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I'll have to give this a try.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    Is there a way to "Import" this recipe so when I do eat it I don't have to manually enter all the ingredients?
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!!!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to "Import" this recipe so when I do eat it I don't have to manually enter all the ingredients?

I entered it but didn't save it yet. I didn't have time earlier, so I probably will tomorrow. I'm headed to bed shortly!