Overcome the Craving!!

Options
My office had Panera bagels and cream cheese this morning when I got in (a major weakness for me) and I have gone the entire day without eating one even tho there are still some left! I was so proud of myself since I have a huge problem saying no to cravings (especially convenient ones) and I knew there must be a lot of you out there that have done something today to make you feel the same way. So I just wanted to post a topic for people to recognize their small food victories :happy:

What have you had the will power to pass up today?

Replies

• casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    free bacon and egg breakfast... yoghurt for me instead
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I passed on the muffins we got this morning, buuuuut I didn't. Just gotta hit the gym harder tonight.
  • slewis02
    Options
    Great Job!

I totally overcame the breadstick that was shiny with butter and garlic that came with my salad today. I actually ordered my salad without the breadstick but the waitress seriously asked the other girls at my table if they wanted my breadstick and that she would just bring it for one of them. REALLY??? When the salad came the breadstick was on the side and I quietly put it in a napkin in the center of the table for one of the girls to have. I never looked at it again! I was so proud of myself!!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm reading this right after I passed on potatoes !! I thought I wanted them , their my weekness! I have plenty of calories to have some. So I put a small serving on my plate, sat down and had my first bite since I started this journey -And couldn't swallow !! I was so grossed out by the taste I had to leave the table to spit them out !! They were nasty. Everyone else was saying how good they were and I couldn't eat them. But that shows me how much my taste buds can change in just a month !!
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Last night I met a friend for drinks (I had one glass of red wine) but I passed on food and came home and did power yoga when I RREEEEEAAALLLLLY didn't want to.

It sounds corny, but I have a huge picture of Jillian Michaels' (Biggest Loser trainer) on my fridge. The picture is of her pointing at me! Haha. I just look at it anytime I want to cheat and hear her say "don't eat that! keep going!". Schmazly but you'd be surprised how often it works!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    Good Job!!! Same thing here - had Blue Chip Cookies brought in by a rep today. They are SOOOOOO good but I resisted!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
  • ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There's been a full box of White Cheddar Cheezit crackers in my kitchen for about a week now and it's been calling my name. It's begging me to relieve it of it's cheesy goodness and then throw the empty box in the recycle bin. I have to keep reminding myself that happiness is not what I'll find at the bottom of that box and that if I want to see what is at the bottom of that box, I need only look in the mirror.

That usually helps me out.
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have such a problem saying no to free food. Congratulations.
  • crystaltellor
    crystaltellor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I turned down cake today!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    in the spirit of celebrating small victories, I actually weighed and measured myself today, even though I knew it would be bad news. I've been eating well since new year's day, so hopefully better news next week, but I'm proud of myself for getting on track again.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well when I get extremely hungry then I generally want everything in sight. I actually resisted and made a semi-healthy dinner. I plan on drinking water for the rest of the evening even though there is a apple pie and ice cream in my kitchen calling my name!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I can definately imagine b/c I love the cinnamon crunch w/ cream cheese with walnuts or something like that in it. Good job though I have resisted my cravings today as well hope I can make the same healthy choices going forward.
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My office catered in lunch today for a meeting, so I looked up all the nutrition info ahead of time so I could be good and prepared for the battle. I had a small turkey club sandwich and a small bag of kettle cooked chips that were well within my calories.
    I almost snuck back for a cookie, but fortunately I looked that up online before I went back and those stupid cookies were 440 calories each! And they were little! Sooo glad that I looked before I ate.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    My dad's always said: "If it's cheap, take 2; if it's free, take 5"... so I also have a hard time passing up free food, especially if it's greasy, or cheesy.

I have no problem turning away sweets/desserts; not my thing.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Put the oreos back on the shelf and went for sugar free chocolate jello instead!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Put the oreos back on the shelf and went for sugar free chocolate jello instead!

NIce!!!! yesssmileyf.gif
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I can definately imagine b/c I love the cinnamon crunch w/ cream cheese with walnuts or something like that in it. Good job though I have resisted my cravings today as well hope I can make the same healthy choices going forward.

That's too funny, those are my favorite too! Luckily, they had all been eaten before I got there otherwise I don't think i could have been so strong lol.

Great job everyone!!! Glad to see so many people are making such good choices. Especially those of you avoiding sweets that are in your house, :noway: I can't even buy them because I know I will eat them if they are in my pantry...
  • homemom3
    Options
    On my third day I caved and got a McFrappe medium, but when I got home I walked on the treadmill. I think if temptation is there think about whether you want to walk/exercise it off or not later.
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    I had to buy bagels and muffins for a meeting recently. I did not eat any of it and just thought to myself "the more they eat, the skinnier I look!" I actually trying to push muffins and bagels on people. If they only knew :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!