Overcome the Craving!!

Options

Replies

• sarak79
    Options
    Every Monday when I take my daughter to her class there are 4 giant jars of candy bars, cookies and other snacks. I am so proud of myself when I leave there without eating any.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    small victories are the best!!!!!! congrats!!! I deal with food temptations ALL the time. It is my job. I have learned that its better in the long run to "just say no" staring at chicken fingers(which we bake and I eat three of) and french fries(I learned to say no) is not exactly easy. If you nhave a facebook account post that you are on a mission and make sure if you have co workers on there they see it. It actually works!!! They see you are on a mission and will help you along the way(ideally)
  • Jenny421
    Options
    Those reps at the office are the worst! They come into my office with tons of candy and cookies...its so hard so say no. I gave up chocolates on Monday which is a great accomplishment for me :0) Good job everyone!
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I love the motivation this is giving me....I am the WORSE with cravings!!! Yesterday my daughter brought me home a mary jane candy..I ate it, but I tracked it, it was 32 calories, and at the end of the day....I ended up 35 over! lol...because I decided to have my smart ones dessert! So, I didn't resist the temptation that time, however, if I hadn't resisted all of the other crap that I have to face every single day at work, I would have been way more over than that!! So...thanks to this site and my ability to track honestly...I had a pretty successful day!!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    McDonalds breakfast, we have a guy in the office that makes a McDonalds run a few times a week, he finally quit asking me if I want anything cuz I always say "no thank you"
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Office birthday cake... I got an email about birthday cake, and I just deleted it. Didn't even want the idea of chocolate goodness being down the hall. I feel a little anti-social, but I decline office happy hours too. But if we had an office frozen yogurt hour, that would be another story.
  • monet06
    Options
    It must of been our lucky day as well I received a IM that there were bagels and cream cheese in the Inside sales area, I say thank you but no thank you I had egg whites and a piece of ham and half a banana and I have some oranges if I need anything. It feels good to say no thank you.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Someone brought in M&M cookies. I resisted yesterday, but I walk in and what do I see this morning...those darn cookies. DRATS! I have to walk by them every time I make copies, scan or mail (which is often). So far, so good....
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had to buy bagels and muffins for a meeting recently. I did not eat any of it and just thought to myself "the more they eat, the skinnier I look!" I actually trying to push muffins and bagels on people. If they only knew :)
    that's pretty funny....
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually like the sweet drinks..like..sodas.etc. I passed on that and filled my water bottle back up and plan on adding a "Lemonade Crystal Light" to it. I have 4 chocolate chip cookies here on my desk that i may pass up until tomorrow. Oh..but they will be eaten though!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    So far...I would say eating the dark meat and skin from a rotisserie chicken that I bought from Walmart. Lol! I love dark meat... So picked out all the white meat, gave the dark meat to my little ones and threw the rest away before I caved in.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Warm apple crisp. My students made it in their foods class, and they offered me some. I'm super hungry and lunch isn't for another two hours, but I'm going to wait. Just drinking water and staying distracted. Papa Murphy's De-lite cheese pizza tonight is what's keeping me on target. If I go off my food plan for today, I won't get the pizza. And I've been SO GOOD the past week. Eventually, it gets easier. I know this. The first couple of weeks are always the worst. I have 6 weeks to take off 12 pounds to fit into a dress for a wedding. Six weeks after that, I want to be down to goal.
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    was craving chocolate and (so far) have avoided the candy machine and the bowl of hershey's kisses in our break area. Grabbed a piece of sugar free gum and water to get me by until dinner. Time goes by slow when you're hungry (or think you are)!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Again with the Panera bagels at work this morning....these people are killing me. This time there's an entire smorgasbord of breakfast cakes too. UGH:angry:
  • darknight0dc
    Options
    I am a waitress at the Cotton Patch Cafe, for those of you who don't know, this restaurant boasts that they specialize in "Texas style cooking" yeah, you can only imagine... chicken friend steak, white gravy, buttery rolls, sweet corn bread, friend chicken tenders etc. for the past 2 weeks I have passed up having lunch at work and instead I have been preparing and eating better foods at home. You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to walk out the door past all my co-workers eating burgers and french fries!
    I've been feeling proud of this & I'm glad I have people to share it with!
  • darknight0dc
    Options
    Great Job!

I totally overcame the breadstick that was shiny with butter and garlic that came with my salad today. I actually ordered my salad without the breadstick but the waitress seriously asked the other girls at my table if they wanted my breadstick and that she would just bring it for one of them. REALLY??? When the salad came the breadstick was on the side and I quietly put it in a napkin in the center of the table for one of the girls to have. I never looked at it again! I was so proud of myself!!
    It's really frustrating when servers do that kind of stuff! I'm a server & when a woman at one of my tables says no bread (or croutons, or dressing etc.) & someone else at the table says "oh I'll take hers!" I just don't bring it.
    last night my boyfriend and I went out to dinner & my server kept trying to push more sour cream/ guacamole/ sweet tea on me
    :(
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my mom made cherry pie the other day & i was going nuts trying to prepare myself to avoid it... about 20 mins after it came out of the oven, my dad brought home a chocolate cake. ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME!?! :mad: lol... but i didn't eat it! ...actually, i literally had 1 maraschino cherry from the pie & counted it as like 30 calories b/c i was so paranoid... but then i walked out of that kitchen & went to the gym! the cake & pie lasted another day & 1/2 or so in the house, but thankfully the rest of my family ate it & not me! :laugh:
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    i sat in a mcdonalds restaurant with my mum, dad & brother yesterday while they all ate big mac meals and didn't touch a single fry! instead, i waited until i got home to have chicken and vegetables!
    so tempting but so proud of myself for not giving in! :)
    well done to everyone else, too! :D
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This morning when i got to work, they had bagels & my ultimate weakness, Krispy Kreme doughnuts....I so wanted to go eat 5 or 6, but I didn't - I pulled out the yogurt & granola & went on with my day. I still can't believe that I said no.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm the food manager for a Senior center. Every day we have donated cookies, cakes, and pies that are cut up to eat with morning coffee. I have not had any since 1/1! They are located 25 ft outside my office door .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!