Is bear really fattening???

Options
2»

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Oooppss! sorry I was mispelled, I mean beer! hahaha! =))

I think we are related. I kant spel eether.

:bigsmile:

(sorry the Bear got my interest)
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    I think bear would be very fattening, especially since all they eat is honey and picinic baskets,LOL!
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Oooppss! sorry I was mispelled, I mean beer! hahaha! =))

I think we are related. I kant spel eether.
    I hope I did not embearrass you.

(sorry the Bear got my interest)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Someone posted about rabbit the other day, so you never know about bear...

All beers vary in calories. Most micros are pretty bad. Wheat beers and IPAs are the worst. Eat This Not That just posted an article a few days ago about best and worst beers.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    All beers vary in calories. Most micros are pretty bad. Wheat beers and IPAs are the worst. Eat This Not That just posted an article a few days ago about best and worst beers.

Here it is:
    http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/slideshow-best-beers
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I learned this tidbit of info while in AK recently.
    Also remember to not eat any birds you might happen to find on the ground.
    While I've never eaten it, rabbit isn't far-fetched. Lots of people in the country raise rabbits specifically for eating. I'd feel badly for them, except for what they did to poor farmer McGregor.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    best thread ever!!!!

Here in CA we can hunt and eat bear but i have trouble getting past the game smell. it tends to be oilly and chewy so both help keep me from wanting to try more then a bite.

second... I find that some nutrition info on this site is inaccurate at best. check your label and/or look for foods with multiple confirmations. similalry if you are looking up a food and find a correct or incorrect info change it and/or confirm that it is right so we have the most accurate info on this site.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I did not get a bear this year... but I had plenty of beer. And the last 10 years of my life can attest that it is fattening.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i'm here for the same reason. to find out about bear. i make a zillion typos.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    to answer the question you wanted to ask. Yes, all alcohol is a bad choice. Not necessarily because of the calories though, while Alcohol does contain 7 calories per gram, that's not the issue. the issue is because of how alcohol is perceived in the body. The body perceives it as a poison (essentially), and because it can be burned, it prioritizes it above other types of energy (I.E. carbs), so when you drink alcohol, the body essentially puts other calories on hold until it's gone. This is fine if you don't do it often and don't do it in large quantities, but if you have it often or in large quantities, it can and will cause you to gain fat. This is true of any type of alcohol.

this doesn't include any of the other reasons alcohol is bad for you either, I.E. liver damage, kidney damage, brain issues, decreased ability to make good choices, the hangover factor, dehydration...etc.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    to answer the question you wanted to ask. Yes, all alcohol is a bad choice. Not necessarily because of the calories though, while Alcohol does contain 7 calories per gram, that's not the issue. the issue is because of how alcohol is perceived in the body. The body perceives it as a poison (essentially), and because it can be burned, it prioritizes it above other types of energy (I.E. carbs), so when you drink alcohol, the body essentially puts other calories on hold until it's gone. This is fine if you don't do it often and don't do it in large quantities, but if you have it often or in large quantities, it can and will cause you to gain fat. This is true of any type of alcohol.

this doesn't include any of the other reasons alcohol is bad for you either, I.E. liver damage, kidney damage, brain issues, decreased ability to make good choices, the hangover factor, dehydration...etc.

Debbie Downer :wink:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Bear is delicious and so is rabbit!

I also love beer.

Sorry I was no help at all :laugh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Someone wrote on their experience on basspro website:

I had full intentions on trying it one night at camp a guy had a big round steak off a fall bear. MAN the SMELL that came off that!! the best way I can describe it was like a very wet shaggy dog someone rolled arround on top of the wood stove. Although in '98 my uncle and I got a large cow moose that was not good table fare at all either. It almost turned me against moose meat which is my favorite wild meat.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options

It was Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam who posted about rabbitt.