Replies

• James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    I like to hope so!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I believe in soul mates - but I believe that a person can have more than one soul mate in there lifetime. (I kwon that may not make sense but it depends on what your definition of soul mate is) . I have married a person that is just perfect for me. After a failed marriage and decision to never get married again... i met someone that is perfect for me. We compliment each other. We work really well together and have similar (not exactly the same) goals and ideas. He helps center me and I help center him. It's funny - because our personality are different - he is quiet and I am outgoing. But it works .... better than any relationship I have ever had. So is he may soul mate - yes with out a doubt. But do I believe that somewhere out in this vast world of our that there could be someone that is just as perfect maybe????
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    To me I'm going to say NO about love at first sight. I think it takes TWO people to become soul mates. My husband and I have been married for 7.5 years and it was not easy. Lots of ups and downs. We now have 3 children and we're stronger than ever. I can't imagine being with anyone else but him. He is my shoulder to cry on, my best friend.
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    Just when you think it was love at first sight, they move in, change the way you like the toilet paper on the roll, girly up the place, put the seat back down and kick your dog, make fun of cowboy boots, can't ride a horse, can't drive at night, reset the DVR to shows like Greys Anatomy in place of a good game .........

Love @ first sight = BS
    Lust @ first sight = SURE especially after drinking
    Soul Mates = What is that? A pirate thing? :laugh:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Love at first sight...no. Lust at first sight...hell yeah. Soul mates...ABSOLUTELY!!! The thing is it often takes a few encounters before you know you are soulmates. I've found mine and I wouldn't have thought so from our first sighting although we had a REALLY good time.

Agreed. Like I said above. Scott and I met about a year earlier at a bar. I was with my cousins after a wedding and he with a friend of mine from school. Talked to my friend.. SOOOO noticed HIS friend but I was dating someone so didn't say anything but Hi. When we finally met and started dating he told me about our first meeting (which our friend told him about when he said he was dating me!). It also took us 3 years to get it right dating off and on during that time. Married now just over 9 years!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly believe in both. Wouldn't have said that 17 years ago - was definitely NOT a gal that was looking to settle down and get married. I was absolutely anti-me-getting-married. Met my hubby and knew something was different - didn't know we were in love, but knew something major had happened. We were on a double date (with other dates - not each other) We lived in different states so I'd assumed we'd never see each other again, and this was before email, Internet etc were very common at all. Needless to say, the stars aligned, he moved by me and ultimately, married, two daughters and we are still in love - and still nauseate the cynics around us, but hey, I'm happy! :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I do but only on Weekends.

:laugh: Happy Friday-Eve! :drinker:
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't know about love at first sight but I knew after the first time my boyfriend and I hung out that he was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I definitely believe in soul mates in all forms. I consider several of my close girlfriends my soul mates.
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I believe in Soul Mates, but not in love at first sight. I new I liked my fiance when we first met, but I wasn't in love with him.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Love at first sight? No.
    Soul mates? Absolutely. I don't know if you always manage to meet yours, but I believe everyone has one.
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I believe in soul mates..my boyfriend is mine. I'm not sure about love at first sight..by the end of our first date I knew I wanted to be with him..a month later I KNEW I loved him..
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, LOVED reading all of your posts!!!
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Don't know if I believe in either... one of my best friends parents got engaged the first day they met.. and had six kids and are now in their 60's, happily married.

I know I met my partner under really unusual circumstances, and while neither of us believe in soul mates necessarily, I'm fairly sure it was fate.. one weird thing after another occurred for both of us that day and we met *shrugs*
  • rclemens1221
    Options
    I DO understand that one night stands = Love/Lust at first site.........Can I change my initial opinion?
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Absolutely :love:
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Not at all.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    True Love/Love at First Sight =

It's a myth pandered to young girls by Disney, Random House, Avon Romance, and a bunch of other companies in order to make money. There is no such thing. See Easter Bunny.

But that's just my opinion. Been married to a guy that I still somewhat love for 14 yrs +...but we hated each other's guts at first, so there you go.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Lust at 1st sight is right! I hate it when the emotions get in the way of my brain... ;-)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual, but for me it's not love at first sight. Anyone I've ever dated had to be a friend first before I ever became attracted to them physically. For me, it was more about gaining trust before I could allow myself to fall in love. The same thing happened with my fiance, Dan. He seemed like a nice guy when I first met him, but he was kind of geeky. I wasn't really sure I was interested in hiim enough to persue dating him. Luckily for me, Dan pretty much fell in love with me from the get-go and was willing to hang in there until I got to know him better. Now I can say definitively that I have never loved nor will love anyone as much as him.:-D

Shannon
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Perhaps love at first sight happens for some

But definitely lust at first sight.....lol

Soulmates..definitely believe everyone has one...sometimes we mistaken someone for that unique individual but then we stand corrected!