Food Inc.

Options
About to watch it for the first time! We already pay closer attention to what we eat and what is actually in our food but this could change things even more for us!

Replies

• christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's a really interesting film. If you like "Food Inc" you might want to check out "Food Matters" as well.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    It's already waiting for me on my que! ;)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest "Fresh" if you're into Food Inc. Fresh is more empowering upbeat and positive as compared with Food Inc's scary factual self.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Very eye opening to say the least. Everyone should want to know what is in their food and where it comes from... We are paying for it in more ways than 1!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just saw it recently. Coming from somebody who loved her steak, chicken wings, etc, I was completely mortified. Of course other things bothered me as well.

L.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    it will ruin food for you
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I cried throughout the entire documentary - mostly because I knew how drastically I was going to have to change how I eat or I'd have a difficult time living with myself. I must admit that I haven't made as many changes as I need to but I'm on the path to aligning my diet with my values. I need to watch the film again.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What really ruined food for me was the documentary "Earthlings." Some books that I've read that were interesting were the "Omnivores Dilemma" (kind of long and lengthy) and "Fast Food Nation" (a fast read).
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest "Fresh" if you're into Food Inc. Fresh is more empowering upbeat and positive as compared with Food Inc's scary factual self.

Any ideas on where to get a copy of Fresh? It's not available on Netflix or Amazon but it sounds great on IMDB.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    A good majority of this I was aware of but it is still mind blowing!!! We will definitely be buying even more frequently from the local farms! I will definitely check out your recommendations. Thanks.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'm sooooooo not watching that. I would much rather stay semi-ignorant than go there.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I'm sooooooo not watching that. I would much rather stay semi-ignorant than go there.
    haha no, just because you ignore it doesn't mean it's not there. ;) I understand that but I am a sponge and LOVE learning thing like this and I want to know more about what do to for my health and for my conscious lol
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'm not entirely ignorant I know a lot of what's in there but I don't need to see it. Just like I don't need to see PETA's videos to know that there is animal cruelty going on.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Changed my mind I think I'm going to take a look. I'm at times very thankful I live in Canada rather than the states.
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    This movie, Omnivore's Dilemna, The China Study, and Anti-Cancer really changed how I look at food. I think it has to do with a lot more than animal cruelty.
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    I have the DVD...I have yet to watch it but I sure think that I'm going to do so today!
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    You are well on your way to reaching you GW! Great job!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I likened it to shock and awe videos by PETA for animal cruelty. I wasn't suggesting the movie is all about animal cruelty.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Fresh and the others may be available from your local library. I'm on the waiting list myself, but be about a year before the waiting list reaches me so i'll catch it Sunday on CBC or if I miss that I know Fresh is on youtube.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You're already there, even without going there. lol Whether one watches the film or not...you're a part of it if you eat food, of any type it pertains to you and each of us. Ignorance is not bliss even if sometimes we prefer it was.