Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!)

Options
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. We also post our weigh-in numbers for the week on Monday (when the challenges actually start). We're now 2 weeks in to 2011 so let's keep up the momentum ladies! :drinker:

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Since holiday feasting is officially over let's work on shedding a pound of fat (whether it's a pound gained during the holidays or not)! You need to burn 3500 to shed a pound, so that'll be our goal.

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
To help us shed some fat it makes sense to watch our fat intake! What ever your food diary setting on MFP is, try to stay under that fat intake percentage each day.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
TUE - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
WED - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
THU - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
FRI - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
SAT - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
SUN - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?

Total Calories Burned: ##/3500
Days Under Fat Goal: #/7

See you all tomorrow for weigh-in. Good luck this week! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge and I am excited to start it tomorrow.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So to join I just do the challenges? I need something like this to keep me motivated. I fell off the wagon during the holidays and I'm ready to get back on!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    We post the above format throughout the week to track our progress for the challenges. Jump right it! And we'll weigh in tomorrow...
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    im in...just gotta start tuesday
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    YAY Joanie! Start whenever you can!
  • Fat2FitArmyWifey
    Options
    I'm 100% in! So tomorrow after I workout & after dinner I just post cals burned & if I stayed under my fat intake for the day? Can't wait to start!!! :)
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I am definitely in. See you ladies tomorrow for weigh in :smile:
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining in as well. 3500 calories burnt in one week will be quite the challenge for me as I'm just getting back into regular exercising now, but I'm sure I can do it! I'm thinking of starting c25k this evening (it's Monday here in Australia already), but a little worried about whether it's a good idea at 270lbs (or so). Hmm...
  • LMRoses
    Options
    Tried to start c25k..utter failure...totally demoralised. Now..how to feel a bit better without comfort food...
  • LMRoses
    Options
    No! Not a total failure! I realised what my body needs me todo, and still got the blood pumping and some calories burnt! Not a wasted experience at all! A touch over the fat allowance today, due to the olive oil in dinner, but tomorrow will be better! I can't expect to be perfect right away, and all progress is good, so I'm proudly entering my 224 calories burnt! :)

MON - Calories Burned: 224 /Under Fat Goal: No: +3

Total Calories Burned: 224/3500
    Days Under Fat Goal: 0/7

Start Weight: 291
    Current Weight: 269.4
    Goal Weight: 154
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT: 190.9
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 187.8
    WEEK 1: n/a
    WEEK 2: n/a
    WEEK 3 Goal: 188.9, Actual: 187.8 (-3.1)
    WEEK 4 Goal: 185.8, Actual: 187.8 (0)
    WEEK 5 Goal: 185.8, Actual: 186.8 (-1)
    WEEK 6 Goal: 184.8, Actual:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Okay, well my scale seems to be possessed this morning. One second it says 288.8 and the next 283.0 and everything in between. I'm going with 288.8 even though it's a gain since Friday. It is a loss of 1 lb since last Monday's weigh in.
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely up for trying this one!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT: 172
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 171
    WEEK 1: Goal: 170, Actual: 171
    WEEK 2: Goal: 170, Actual: 173
    WEEK 3: Goal: 171, Actual: 172
    WEEK 4: Goal: 171, Actual : 173
    WEEK 5: Goal: 171, Actual: 171
    WEEK 6: Goal: 169

Acria - It took me 3 attempts to successfully get through C25K. The key is to NOT GIVE UP! If your body feels like it needs to repeat a week, DO IT! Persistence is key! Keep at it and you will surprise yourself what your body is capable of.

Kimmiebear - My scale seemed possessed this morning also, WTF?!?! Tomorrow when I hit the gym I'm going to try their scale to see if it mirrors what I've updated.
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    I refuse to get on that dam scale ever again!! Not until I get my bodymedia this week and I get an accurate account as to what I'm burning. I'm about to give up the fight...I'm not a quitter so here I'll stay!! Dam it!!

I will do an hour a day of cardio/strength that should give me roughly 500 calorie burn. And this week I will succeed with the fat too!! :o)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I refuse to get on that dam scale ever again!! Not until I get my bodymedia this week and I get an accurate account as to what I'm burning. I'm about to give up the fight...I'm not a quitter so here I'll stay!! Dam it!!

I will do an hour a day of cardio/strength that should give me roughly 500 calorie burn. And this week I will succeed with the fat too!! :o)

Keeping at it is MOST important! Fat is always something I struggle with, so I'm trying EXTRA hard this week and hopefully that'll help me get on a regular schedule of being under my 25% for fat!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Scale this morning said 132.5! That sounds low to me, but I don't know how to check for sure.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Scale this morning said 131! Already got in a solid 30 minutes of exercise and plan to do more once I get home tonight. Have a good day everyone!!
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This morning I was 170.0 pounds.

MON - Calories Burned: 466/Under Fat Goal: Y/N? - So far I burned 466, will swim after work so calories should go up.

• Fat2FitArmyWifey
    Options
    This morning I was 178.0 pounds.

MON - Calories Burned:1293 /Under Fat Goal: Y/N? - Danced,Walked,Went to the Gym. Had a GREAT day of working out!!