Sexy Sixers New Day Challenge-Week 4

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    falling into a rut and can't grab ahold to pull myself out.

back later

437118-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Volunteer-Giving-A-Helping-Hand.jpg
    Here's a helping hand from all of us. You can do it!!!
  • amyls8711
    amyls8711 Posts: 101
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).......................SW 166.8 lbs/ GW 161.0 lbs/ CW 163.2 / PROGRESS -3.6lbs
    Susan (Suedre).........................SW 162.0 lbs/ GW 157.0 lbs/ CW 162.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)...........................SW 250.0 lbs/ GW 245.0 lbs/ CW 249.2 lbs/ PROGRESS -.8 lbs
    Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 191 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)......................SW 169.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 169.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Katy (katyk08).............................SW 195.4 lbs/ GW 190.0 lbs/ CW 192.6lbs / PROGRESS -2.8lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36)..........................SW 209 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 212.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.4 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) .............................SW 166.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/CW 165.0/ PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)................SW 155.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs CW 152.8 / PROGRESS -2.6 ibs
    Julia (jmiller0906)....................SW 134.2 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 134.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 126.0 lbs/PROGRESS -5.2 lbs
    Amez(Amyls8711).....................SW 280 lbs/ GW 270 lbs/ CW 277 lbs/ PROGRESS -3 lbs

Lauren (ren315)........................SW 203.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.0lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)...........SW 177.4lbs/ GW 172 lbs/ CW 176.8lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.8lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)..................SW 133.5 lbs/ GW 128 lbs/ CW 133.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs

HOOORAY !!!!!! im down 4 lbs since last weeks weigh in !!!!!!!!!!
    sorry i havent been around much!!!!!

CATHY -- YOU CAN DO IT!

Good job girlies!!!!!
    Going to get blood work this morning! XOXOXO
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Amez...YAY!! Nice job!

Julia...glad to have you back!! I also gave in over the holidays and gained, but most of it is already back off with only two weeks of being conscious again!

Cathy...You CAN do it! I've seen you! Get back on that horse and RIDE! We're going to do this together!! We're the "original" sixers...we need to keep it going!

Everyone else...HELLO!

AFM: I had another great night! It was a light night for me and I did a 15 minute Ab workout last night for exercise. It burns about 100 calories, so is pretty good and I can feel it this morning!! I also had a fun evening playing with Kadence and then after she was in bed, catching up on some reading!

Plan for today:
    B-Multigrain cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/sugar free creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-Turkey, 1 oz. cheese, spinach and honey mustard on light wheat bread, baby carrots, light yogurt
    S-2 clementines, almonds
    D-Homemade turkey meatloaf (YUMMY!), mashed red potatos, salad with dark greens, tomatos, cucumber, carrots and spritzer dressing
    S-2 chocolate crunch rice cakes

Exercise:
    Jiliian Michaels No More Trouble Zones (55 minutes)

Have a great day gals!!
  • amyls8711
    amyls8711 Posts: 101
    Options
    Good for you KRis--- Thanks SO MUCH! XOXOXOXO

AFM:
    Got blood work ...
    and YAY the docs scale is EXACT To mines at home! ..... and I was so pleased to see 277 this morning! ... which means im down from 286 the beginning of december! ..... WOooHoooo!

I got everything i needed to checked... even got a stubborn mole on my arm burnt off ..... So i feel REFRESHED and ready for this YEAR! ....

I so love my doc ..... and he makes things so much easier! .....

Ive been doing the Food Lovers Fat Loss System!!!!! and it proves to be a GREAT system for me!
    because after months of staying one weight for EVER .... i finally saw a drop after 6 days on this program!!!!!!!

So i recommend it!
    Be back soon girlies!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cathy We are all here for you......We need our Cathy back!!!! We love you Girl and please remember that we all fall down once in a while but we all seem to climb back on that pony and ride. You are always here for us. And we are here for you :love: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Oh my goodness girls! I just bought the Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD and I am SO excited to try it!! Hopefully tonight, but I still want to get in my No More Trouble Zones workout...so we shall see...
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Glad you all are here and seem to be doing well! I'm sick as a dog, but I'm gonna clean my apartment and get some rest for the rest of the day!

Julia...welcome back!! Glad you are back in the game, and it's still early!

Cathy...Hope you know I'm thinking of you! This weight loss road gets tough with a CAPITAL T, but we are here for you! You're the Sixer I've known the longest... so even if you need a break, don't give up! :-D We'll be here when you get back!

Hey Amy! Hope all you sixers are out there enjoying your day!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).......................SW 166.8 lbs/ GW 161.0 lbs/ CW 163.2 / PROGRESS -3.6lbs
    Susan (Suedre).........................SW 162.0 lbs/ GW 157.0 lbs/ CW 162.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)...........................SW 250.0 lbs/ GW 245.0 lbs/ CW 249.2 lbs/ PROGRESS -.8 lbs
    Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 191 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)......................SW 169.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 169.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Katy (katyk08).............................SW 195.4 lbs/ GW 190.0 lbs/ CW 192.6lbs / PROGRESS -2.8lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36)..........................SW 209 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 212.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.4 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) .............................SW 166.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/CW 165.0/ PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)................SW 155.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs CW 152.8 / PROGRESS -2.6 ibs
    Julia (jmiller0906)....................SW 134.2 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 134.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 126.0 lbs/PROGRESS -5.2 lbs
    Amez(Amyls8711).....................SW 280 lbs/ GW 270 lbs/ CW 277 lbs/ PROGRESS -3 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)..................SW 133.5 lbs/ GW 128 lbs/ CW 131.5 lbs/ PROGRESS -2.0 lbs

Lauren (ren315)........................SW 203.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.0lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)...........SW 177.4lbs/ GW 172 lbs/ CW 176.8lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.8lbs

1.5lbs this weeks YAY! :smile: January is going well for me so far..fingers crossed i can make it to my goal!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Some inspiration- for those who need it. Myself included:bigsmile: :-D

Don't Quit -

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town;
    When you want to give up just because you gave in
    And forget all about being healthy and thin;
    So What! You went over your points a bit;
    It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, It's an attitude change;
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
    It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
    If you summon the will to get back in the race;
    But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
    Just throw in the towel and continues to slip
    And learn too late when the damage is done
    That the race wasn't over and they still could of won.

Life-style change can be awkward and slow
    But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
    Success is failure turned inside out
    The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
    If you bite it you write it... But Don't you quit!

Author Unknown - Adapted by R.W. Brown
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    thanks tiff needed that. i was sitting here struggling on wither to get that little debbie snack. or wait until my evening snack time and have the weight watchers ice cream at less than half the calories. i think i will wait.

just a bad day. been couped up cause of the ice storm. i really need to find something to do with myself.

thanks for the encouraging words ladies. much needed.

later
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Tiff OMG that really hit home. For me today has been such a challenge for me. It seemed that every thing I touched today turn crappy, including my workout. My propane ran out in the middle of cooking. I actually woke up in a fowl mood to begin with. etc.etc.etc. So in other words thanks for the bit of insperation needed to help my mood:flowerforyou:

Kel
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Tiff - That was excellent! Thank you for sharing! We should start every challenge reading that... or maybe read it mid-way through when we feel like giving up! :wink:

Today started great! I picked up one bad habit during the last month or so that I refuse to give up yet, and that is my morning cappuccino. I realize that it's just flavored sugar water... but I NEED it! I'll give it up another day. :noway: It's my one guilty pleasure I allow myself, and I remind myself every morning that if I get that cappuccino - that's it! Nothing else "bad"! But then my coworker popped his head in my cubicle at 11:58 and said "There's pizza in the lunchroom." My other coworker asked why he was telling me this and he said, "Well Julie bought on Friday and I figured I owed her..." DANG IT! This was one debt he didn't have to repay!! But he did, and unfortunately I cannot say no to pizza. So... I have to start again tomorrow. But I went and did Zumba tonight, and I really love that! I smile almost the whole time! :happy: It almost feels like it's not even exercise (haha - when is that ever true??)

Anyway, I'm right there with you with the daily struggles, and one day soon I'll drop the capp habit (but not tomorrow...) :blushing: Have a great night everyone!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Yesterday, I made homemade yummy buttery croissants for the family. It's like a four hour process when all is said and done. Eight huge deliciousness. My niece ate one. My husband had eaten two. And my dog apparently got far enough up on the counter to eat the other 5. I was so mad. This stupid dog irritates me. But then on the bright side, at least I didn't sit and eat the 5 myself But in my anger, I immediately started making another batch, which are ready to go into the oven when kids wake up. Uh oh.

jmiller - I absolutely LOVE Zumba. It's my feel "womanly" exercise where I don't have to grunt and groan, but can just shake it and have a good time. LOVE IT!!!

Cathy - Here's hoping for a better, more thawed out day for you. You must have gotten what never came our way. And we were ready too. I had gotten rid of all junk in the house and got 3 books from the library as my husband usually works snow storms. But nothing.

Tiff - Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I'm printing it out and taping it to my computer.

EVERYONE - Great job on the weight loss and/or sticking to it and not giving up. You all are amazing.

For me today, meeting a friend for 30 minutes on the treadmill and then she wants to try a boot camp class that scares me to death. Hard core stuff. If I'm not too sore, meeting another friend tonight for kickboxing, which helps me release all my built up frustration from the week (might be imaging kicking the dog tonight).

Good news for me, my hubby wants us to do the Grand Canyon this summer, which I never have. I told him I would go on two conditions. One, he gets a physical (he hates needles). And two, he loses 15 lb so that we aren't carrying more excess weight than we need to (he has a small 5'5" frame). We have had a membership to the gym for over 2 years and he hardly ever used it. But he really wants this trip, so he has started going almost every day now, learning to play squash and loving it. So I'm excited.

Okay, enough distraction. Time to get back to work. Have a great one ladies. I'll check in later this week. BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

ended the day on a good note. just struggling with the scale. i know it changes everyday. i know all that stuff it's just frustrating to now end.
    new shot started the 3rd. sugars that morning were 109. which are good. this morning they were over 140 which isn't good. i shouldn't read that 2 hrs after a meal. they have just been slowly going up and up. so going back to my other shots. she said to try, that's what i did. i also didn't like the eating around it. i had to eat as close to/but before an hour. this was breakfast and dinner. i missed dinner ones allot because it was ready early and i didn't take my shot. so all in all it's good.
    it could also be the reason for weigh gain. i weighed the lowest the day after i started taking it. now my weight has come back. when it's suppose to help you lose weight. this would be interesting to see what happens. i am changing tomorrow. i would like to wait until tuesday, but, those high sugars could cause some problems. need to get those down. oh well.

check back later, lula stay away from those croissants.

later
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!!

I had another wonderful evening! I didn't end up trying the yoga, but I did skim through it to see what all is involved. I must say...it's going to be tough but I'm excited to try it tonight! I did do my No More Trouble Zones workout and pushed myself HARD! I can feel it today for sure in my shoulder and abs! Love the burn!!

Today's plan:
    Food--
    B-2 sl. light toast with 1 tbsp. natural PB and 1 tbsp. sugar-free jam, 1/2 c. skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana, breakfast bar
    L-Salad (Leafy greens, spinach, tomato, cucumber, carrots) w/ spritzer dressing and Chow mein noodles, hard boiled egg, light yogurt
    S-1 c. canteloupe, 100 cal. almonds
    D-chipotle chicken sausage, 1 c. cooked wheat pasta tossed with spinach and fire-roasted diced tomatos...YUM! Probably some other veggies on the side.
    S-2 reduced fat graham crackers

Exercise--
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (30 minutes)

THEN...relaxing and watching Greys and Private Practice!! Wahoo!! And...did anyone else watch that new show Off The Map last night? It's super good! I think I will have another favorite!! ANYways...have a fabulous day!
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Just picked up juillian yoga melt down too! Going to open it now and give it a try.

Kel
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    yep just did the yoga dvd. I was a little sloppy with my moves but I figure with a few workouts under my belt it should smooth out. Kristin I am looking forward to your to your feed back....

Kel:heart:
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! So... another class I signed up for at the Y is Strength & Resistance. Well, I had NO idea what I was getting into! Our teacher tonight made Tuesday look like it was a walk in the park. She made us do like 20 lunges on one side and just when I thought it was done, she was like, "NO! Hold it here! Now pulse" Ok so when I'm doing my workout videos in the privacy of my own home, I'll slack a little. I'm feelin the pain so I ease up. But not here, in a class of like 25 people and one eagle-eyed teacher! I just know my body is going to hate me tomorrow. But of course, while my mind is screaming how much we hate this lady, there is just a small piece of me (the angel on my shoulder?) who is quietly pointing out that this is EXACTLY what I need. :happy:

I am planning a trip to VA in April to visit one of my high school friends. She has 3 kids, and I have 1, and I know we're going to be doing some stuff outside, maybe some swimming (for sure in the hotel pool) and I REALLY want to look good in a bikini. I'm trying to use that as motivation. It's something like 14 weeks away so I really need to concentrate on watching my weight. In between that time I have 1 15k and 1 1/2 marathon that I'm going to run/walk as well. So all this strength training is just what I need. :smile:

Hope everyone has a good night. The weekend is almost here - YAY - and I'm very excited for the Packer game on Saturday! Go Pack Go! :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, I have been going to the gym for I think 3 years now, mostly taking classes. My hubby signed up with me, but never really used it. Always wanted a workout buddy, but just wasn't in the cards. Well recently, I now have 3, which is awesome. So I would usually hang out with them anyway, grabbing a drink, going to dinner, window shopping. Now, we spend our time at the gym. Problem is, they each have different schedules. So now I find I am spending 2 to 3 hours a day at the gym. Granted, I'm doing different things every time I go because they both like different classes or workouts, but wow am I tired. For example, yesterday morning I ran for 30 minutes with one friend who then decided she wanted to try a Boot Camp class which kicked my butt. Then another friend wanted to do a kickboxing class in the evening, so there I went. It was funny though because I was super-energized, more than usual. Feel like the Boot Camp kind of got my muscles moving. Then the third friend recently had a knee injury and wanted to work out in the pool with a trainer. So running/boot camp (LOTS of push-ups), kickboxing, and swimming. I see a triathlon in my future. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my husband for the past two weeks has started to go regularly and wants me to go with him.

Up side to all this, man am I eating those exercise calories. YUMMY. Now I have room for more than fruits and vegetables and lean meats. Which probably isn't the healthiest, but I have actually been enjoying my occasional ice cream and hot wings instead of depriving. And sleep has never felt SOOOOO good.

Have a great weekend ladies.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    off to commissary and publix doing grocery shopping today. i like grocery shopping. me and my coupons. than tomorrow will be the sams run.

later