Kinda gross question...

Options
I usually weight myself in the morning, before I eat with no cloths on. So my question is, and I know it is gross lol, but do you weight yourself before or after you poop? Again, sorry this is gross, but I usually poop in the morning and I weigh myself after. Am I cheating???

Replies

• crlujan
    crlujan Posts: 59
    Options
    Heck NO! That's when I try to weigh myself. =)
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter, just try and be consistent. The net loss will be the same but the numbers on the scale will be a bit lower after BM.
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    LMAO No your not cheating hun, poop and wee are both waste products so should both be got rid of before weighing yourself lol
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I wish I pooped first thing in the morning because I would definitely weigh myself afterwards!
  • cassandra77
    Options
    Awesome... thanks guys!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Always have my morning poop and a small breakfast before going to the gym and weighing in. You'd be surprised how much a bowel movement weighs sometimes.
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    no thats when its more accurate
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh I definitely poop before I weigh. The gals I weigh in with all agree that it will help you lose about .2-.3 HAHAHAHA! Every bit counts!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not cheating, i defintiely try to poop before i weigh in haha
  • PaulaAvery
    PaulaAvery Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    lol... as long as you weigh yourself in same situation each time then its an accurate reading. so.. ALWAYS poop first and weigh self naked!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter, just try and be consistent. The net loss will be the same but the numbers on the scale will be a bit lower after BM.
    I agree with this. Just don't force yourself. You don't want bust anything. ;-P
  • cassandra77
    Options
    I wish I pooped first thing in the morning because I would definitely weigh myself afterwards!

I drink coffee and for some reason it always makes me poop, which is good because a few years ago I would go days without pooping... so unhealthy and uncomfortable!
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I actually read that you can have a couple lbs of BM in your body at a time- very normal.

I always weigh after, that is easier to be consistent if you are regular.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    LOL!! Always after!! Never thought of it as cheating!!! Just be consistent.
  • cassandra77
    Options
    I agree with this. Just don't force yourself. You don't want bust anything. ;-P

LMAO :explode:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    always after. i feel better both stomachwise and because it does lower the number a bit, and i dont consider it cheating. never heard of that. haha. good luck
  • Kdoty
    Kdoty Posts: 12
    Options
    Deff after!!!! haha not gross totally relevant!!!
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but, really...........GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weigh the same way everytime and be consistent!!!!!!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Make sure you poop, trim and clean out from under your fingernails, get the toe jam out between your toes and remove any lint from your belly button. Then, and only then, step on the scale. LOL.