do you log everything you do?? even sitting?

Options
2»

Replies

• hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    1st as others have said, basic everyday activities are covered in you activity level so you don't have to log everytime you walk to the bathroom or something.

Here's my philosophy. I've always done things like iron clothes, clean the house, go grocery shopping etc and I still got fat. Logically, doing them now isn't going to help me lose weight so I don't log it as exercise.

I only log activities where I'm getting my heart rate up and sweating as exercise. There are a few exceptions such as raking the yard etc that I don't normally do and are physically demanding that I will log.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I have never logged cleaning till this past weekend and when wearing my HRM I got into Zone 2 and sometimes Zone 3---with that said. I am counting those calories since I am in Zone 2 and 3 with P90X, LOL!

This might be a dumb question, but what is this HRM you speak of? :)
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    a rule of thumb is 100 calories per mile. It doesn't matter if you walk or run, it's about the same for everyone. If you have any idea how far you usually cover, you can just "create an exercise" and then put in 50 calories or however much it works out to
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    HRM = heart rate monitor