5'1" success stories

Options

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm just shy of five feet so I round up. When I started MFP I was 215 pounds. I've lost 20 so far. My goal is to get to115. Thank you to everyone that has shared pictures and stories, they have been very motivational!
  • student0007
    student0007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I lost a few more. Thanks for the very motivating pictures and sharing your stories!:blushing:
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    Well done everyone, very inspiring!

My story and pics is in Sucess stories called 100lbs GONE!

I am 5ft and weighed 287lbs! Because i am short the weight showed so easily! I have lost 100lbs in 2 years.
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'm 4'11". I started MFP the end of January at 191 pounds. I've lost 16 pounds and reached my first mini-goal this week!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/214913-100-days-of-progress-pics

Here are my before and in profess pictures. I'm 5'2. I was 136 when I got pregnant with my 2nd in 2007. I was 185-190 when Ii had him in 2008. I averaged around 155 after losing most of the baby weight.

I'd still like to lose another 15-20. So i'd say I'm halfway to my goal.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and I started at 159.6lb. I started on December 29 2010 and I'm currently 138 (137.2 on a good day!)

This was my last update on April 2: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/end-of-my-wishy-washy-ftf-program-um-some-results-88277

Good luck to all!
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • okinuk
    okinuk Posts: 5
    Options
    while this may not be what you're looking for, I find it interesting...

Photographic Height/Weight chart

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    while this may not be what you're looking for, I find it interesting...

Photographic Height/Weight chart

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

That was really cool! Thanks for sharing with us!!!
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    im 5'1"

BEFORE: beforepicture.png

AFTER : 100B2950.jpg

i'm 117 lbs in the picture above but my lowest was 107 lbs ... i gained 10 lbs on purpose. about 2-3 lbs after getting my breast done as my reward for loosing weight. and the other 7-8 lbs after putting on muscle in 4 months of strength training. Since i slimmed down a lot, i was ready for a toned defined body for the first time in my life.
    now i'm focusing on dropping my body fat % rather than total weight :)
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 I had my daughter in January and started dieting right when I got back to my pre pregnancy weight of 173 which was only like 10 days later now I'm at 133 I only have 13lbs left till I'm at my goal but here is my post I posted last week.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216251-only-15-more-lbs-to-go
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread-really inspirational. I'm 5'1" and currently 196lbs-just good to see it can be done!
  • angofwi
    angofwi Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 5"1" and would like to drop 10lbs.

I drank diet soda (not a ton, but some) and had put Splenda in my coffee EVERY day!!! I am contanstly up and down 5 lbs, but as soon as I was up more than 10 I decided I needed to get serious!!! I decided to eliminate sugar from my life!! AND fake sugar such as Splenda and nutrasweet! I do use Stevia or Truvia in my coffee now, since from what I have researched and been told that is ok. I am avoiding any type of sweets (even low fat stuff because it contains splenda) and I am only eating "real, whole" food. Sure some things I eat have sugar, such as fruit and what not, but it is not "fake" I am hoping this will help me to lose!!! I have already dropped a couple of pounds and am hoping this is my answer!!! I am using the MFP tracker now and love it, however it tells me I am not consuming enough calories every day even if I go over my amount. I want to stick to 1000 calories a day, is that not enough?? Please tell me how all of you are losing the weight??? Are you counting calories or how exactly are you doing it??
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I''m 5'2 I started last summer at 187 and now weigh 139. I did a 1200 calorie diet and did cardio and weight training 3 days a week. My goal is 125....which is finally in sight. I plateaued at 140 and finally broke through that yesterday. At our height even 10lbs makes a big difference!
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'1". My lifetime high weight was 126 about 18 months ago. Today I'm at 105 and I'm shooting for either 102 or less than 20% body fat. There are two hard things for me: one is that I'm in my late 30's and starting to get, um, saggy. Yeah, I just wrote that. This makes what muscle tone I do have a lot less noticable. Two is the realization that when I reach my goal, I'm going to have to maintain at around 1450 net calories a day forever unless I want to regain. That's not a lot of food when you're a novice foodie and love the wine, and are getting married to an intermediate foodie who cooks like a chef and also loves the wine. It seems like if I want to maintain a trim figure, I must give up some of my greatest pleasures in my life permanently, either good food, being full, or spending time with the man I'm madly in love with in order to exercise even more than I do now.

Sorry about the lament, but I thought I might be in good company.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Great stories! I can't wait until I can post my before and after on this thread!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm 5'2

I am 187 in the photos below, taken last summer

fat3.jpg

fat1.jpg

Here I am at 140 taken a few weeks ago.

me.jpg

me3.jpg
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I've loved reading about all of y'alls progress! So inspiring!

I'm just under 5'1" and had a lifetime high weight of 145.

Currently (and in the profile picture of me in my wedding dress last year), I'm @ 115.

Working on getting towards my goad weight of 108!

Yay us!!!
  • WowieGarcia
    Options
    I am 5'1, started MFP in October last year when I hit 132 lbs. This weight was apparently bordering on obesity. Today I got on the scale and I finally, FINALLY hit my target weight of 110 lbs. (okay, I have 4 oz to lose, but close enough. ha!ha!) From a size 6 to a size 0. I am very, very happy.
  • WowieGarcia
    Options
    The hardest part in my opinion, is to maintain the lifestyle. It's a choice we made and we must stick to it if we want to stay healthy and trim and be able to get in those ultra skinny jeans.

Do you know how long since I've had a burger? Too long, and I miss it, but I want the skinny jeans more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!