No Gym Membership... Need GOOD workout DVD's.

Options
Hi,

I am on this NO-GYM membership strike! What are some GREAT WORKOUT DVD's that'll help me LOSE & TONE?

LOSE & TONE: ARMS, THIGHS AND BELLY! I also have a Wii... so I can buy some lose and Tone games too!

HELP!!

THANK U! ADD ME AS A FRIEND!

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    30 day shred by Jillian Michaels
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I really love P90X, but if you don't want to buy weights or bands, then I would recommend Insanity. It will help you with those trouble spots. :)
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    I've not tried it, but I've head great things about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

I have Bellydance Fitness for Beginners - Slim Down with Veena & Neena and it works my stomach and hips like you would not believe.
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use Davina Mccalls DVD's. She's a tv presenter from over here (England) the best so far is Davina Fit (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002KSA4HE/ref=asc_df_B002KSA4HE1739131?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002KSA4HE)
    She also has a new one coming out. They're really good as they cover cardio and toning!
    I'm also going to give Zumba a go as they're meant to be good too!
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! AMAZON.COM.. here I come
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals~ Walmart/Target

Jackie Warner~ Target
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    zumba....also if you have an xbox 360 get teh kinect and teh dance central game. I was sweating within the frist 5 minutes playing that game. I'm also a big fan of yoga for toning. (sorry i don't have a spicific dved recomendation. I found mine on sale at the Aldi grocery store)
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kinect both the Jillian Michaels and the Zumba are brilliant!
  • sbpadidas
    Options
    Jullian Micheals 30 day shred is what I use and you really get a good workout from that!!!!! She works you like you wouldn't believe!! Good Luck!!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    jillian micheals 30 day shred is great!!! and its only like 9 bucks, p90x and the like are super expensive... also hulu has work out videos on there for free...i havent tried any of them though
  • karen415
    Options
    OOH I have that DVD, I gotta check it out its been along time since I did the belly dancing one!
    thanks for the reminder, and good luck with your weight loss :wink:
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You could also try Turbo Jam.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    i really liked the firm tapes im now doing p90x and that great to but not for beginners before you shop on line u should ask friends and co-workers what they have must everyone has some kind of dvd collecting dust
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    You can also get fitness DVD's on Netflix (I just figured this out today).
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Check out bodyrock.tv. Zuzana is awesome, her workouts are short, and totally free. She updates the workouts or exercise challenges nearly daily, and there's a ton of old workouts in the archives to choose from. Most of the workouts only involve bodyweight or some very basic equipment. She kicks butt, and ever since I got turned on to her over last summer, I have done little else.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred if you are on a budget. Turbo Fire if you want an "Insanity" kind of program but don't feel like you are ready for Insanity.
  • cherylogle
    Options
    After 8 months at the gym doing 6 days @ 2 hrs a pop, I have to say that P90X is by far the best workout (in or out of the gym) I've done.
    It's so good I finally canceled my gym membership today after doing this for the last 76 days. It's a complete body workout with different workouts every day for 6 days. After 4 weeks it changes again. I get bored easy so the 30 day shred (which is GREAT) didn't keep me going. Hope that helps.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    I swear by Slim Series. It's the follow-up to Slim in 6, which you may have heard of, but it's WAY better. It helps if you've done SI6 first, but I don't think it's mandatory. I really, really love it, and this is coming from someone who has done three rounds of P90X.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I really like the EA active sports for Wii, more fun than the Biggest Loser for Kinect. P90 comes up in this community a lot. I'd like to think I workout pretty good, and my hubby wanted to try it, but this intimidates me! Is there a beginner for P90?
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    just p90 is the beginner set has a really basic dvd and than a little hard one P90X is the really hard intense set. should be fit to start this program not for beginners.. but the P90 program is great place to start and see if you like Tony's ideas and methods