What's for dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken tortilla soup. Perfect when it's 5 degrees outside.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I made this but substituted the pork for chicken and it was GOOD..

Skillet Stroganoff

To keep the sour cream from curdling, remove the pan from the heat before stirring it in.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

1/2 pound ground raw turkey breast
    1/2 pound lean ground pork
    1 cup fresh rye breadcrumbs
    1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
    1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    2 egg whites
    Vegetable cooking spray
    2 cups water
    1 tablespoon beef-flavored bouillon granules(didn't use this I used a little Adobo for seasoning less sodium)
    1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
    2 1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
    1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
    1/2 cup sliced green onions

Combine turkey, pork, and next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through egg whites) in a bowl, and stir well. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) meatballs. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add meatballs, and cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Drain well. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.

Return meatballs to skillet. Add water, bouillon granules, and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Stir in noodles; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions.

CALORIES 273 (29% from fat); FAT 8.9g (sat 3.5g,mono 2.9g,poly 1.2g); IRON 2.4mg; CHOLESTEROL 75mg; CALCIUM 54mg; CARBOHYDRATE 24.5g; SODIUM 596mg; PROTEIN 22.5g; FIBER 1.5g
  • mscallieco
    Options
    Leftover grilled chicken and rice a roni and a salad. But I made some low fat Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars so that will be my snack when they cool. My first time making them and I hope they taste good.
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow all of these sound good. We had garlic and herb battered fish made by gordans and french fries. 270 for two pieces of fish and 140 for a few fries. yes i counted them out. 17 were yummy. Plus a salad with a lite ranch and salsa dressing i just found it made by lite house wow is it good. And its only 60 calories for 2 table spoons!!!! it was great!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pizza with turkey sausage, onions and green peppers. It was delicious
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ~7 oz. of chicken tenderloins baked with spices
    1/4 cup brown rice
    Green Giant Baby Vegetable Medley (frozen - entire package)

Total Calories - 445; Carbs 59g; Fat 9g; Protein 46g; Sodium 1188 mg (little high but I can afford it); Fiber 7g; Cholestorol 146mg; Sugars 12g.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Pizza!

Trader joes whole wheat fresh pizza dough
    Topped with:
    I can diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
    2 c. Arugula
    1 sliced yellow bell pepper
    Fat free mozzerella cheese
    Grilled chicken
    Fresh marjoram