"H20" Seriously Sexy Seven pounds of Valentines Day Week 2

Options

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Im on the spreadsheet.. :) I weighed myself to be accurate.. Still up a pound from last week.. :( TOM has something to do with it. Hoping to get rid of that pound and ATLEAST one more by the start of next week. :)

I <3 Nail Polish.. :) When I get my nails done.. Getting my nails taken off.. Waiting for 2 week then doing it again.. :)
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel like my week didn't go very well. I'm starting a new work schedule and starting classes again... so it's been about finding a good routine. Screwy how the calories get messed up when your routine gets shaken up... hmm.

Here's my homemade recipe for the week:

White Chicken Chili (Cooking Light website)

2 cans great northern beans
    1 can low sodium chicken broth
    1 4oz can green chilies
    cumin (to taste)
    one small onion
    chicken - 2 to 4 chicken breasts
    italian salad dressing

Dice the onion and cook it until soft in the bottom of a soup pot. Add cubed chicken and 2 TBSP of italian dressing. Cook until chicken is done. Rinse one can of great northern beans and put them in pot. Use a potato masher to mash up the beans - this helps to thicken the chili. Add 2nd can of rinsed beans, can of chicken broth, green chilies, and cumin to taste. Simmer 15 minutes or so... add fat free sour cream on top. YUM!

I can't remember the exact calorie count, but I can look it up when I'm home. It's something like 248 for a cup and a half. Not bad!!

My "homemade' workout this week is to do some simple exercises: crunches and pushups. They don't require equipment or electricity, so it's kind of homemade.

My "pamper" of choice is a nice hot shower after work, and then I use some victoria secret Vanilla lotion. MMMmmm. I LOVE it!

For meditation, the best reccomendation of what works for me, is to definitely put yourself in a quiet place.

So this week I lost 0.8lbs. Woo! Every little bit counts! I feel like I've been re-losing these same 5 lbs for the last 2 months... I need to get over this hump!!
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ps: NO SODA FOR SECOND WEEK IN A ROW!!! Yay! That bad habit is going well!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have just a sec to pop in and say hi, will catch up on posts later today.

SW: 237.4
    CW: 235.4
    GW: 229

I'm at wedding weight which is huge to me! Can't believe I haven't seen this number in nearly 4 years! THAT is seriously motivating!

As for my faults, they are coming along. Lots to work on, mostly internal stuff with me.
    I almost always make the food we eat, so score! Tonight we're having beef and bean enchiladas with a friend, and I'm using corn tortillas even though I usually can't stand them. We'll see how it goes.
    Homemade workout could be interesting. Usually it would be going to the park and playing with the girls,but it's so cold and snowy! Maybe a 90 minute walk around the zoo with a friend if we get the melt they are promising.
    As for pampering myself...um I got to shower alone this morning. No kids, no one knocking on the door, and I got to shave. WOOT! :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello my dears!! Had a 3.2 loss last week and I know it was all sodium, but it's still great to get rid of!!

I did make spaghetti last night, whole wheat noodles ($1/box at Walmart), ground turkey and I had a little leftover Ragu sauce and I added some fresh tomatoes and basil, YUM :)

Exercise wise, I've been playing the Wii mostly Just Dance and I love it! My friend started a dancing challenge with Just Dance 2 and she's kicking my butt, lol!

I hate the snow..it won't quit which means no work for my hubby, and he's the only one working, er, with a job...hopefully it will clear next week and he can get back out there soon..*sigh*

I'm not one for meditation so count me out on that, and as for pampering myself...no promises. Hope you all have been having a good week and hope it continues throughout the weekend :)
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    We were able to get a few groceries in the house today, thank goodness!! I decided on a recipe, in one of my many cookbooks, to make tomorrow for lunch, broccoli cheddar soup, all I know is that I need chicken stock, broccoli, cheese, water, milk ..if it turns out good, I'll post the recipe for everyone else :)

Tonight Chicken Marsala and a spinch salad. YUMMO!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here a nail polish lover? I'd love to hear everyone's favorite polish brands/colors!
    First off, thanks so much for making the spreadsheet!! It really helps to keep up with everyone that way. :)

Yes, I love nail polish!! I used to be ONLY about OPI but I've found that I prefer China Glaze, Essie and Orly. China Glaze seems to last much longer than OPI also. Also, my friend recommended a better top coat by Sally Hansen (can't remember the exact name but I know it has the words high shine in it) to help with chipping and that stuff really works! I wash dishes and everything and my polish does not chip!

I am so the same way with OPI vs. China Glaze. I always thought the name China Glaze sounded cheesy, or like something that would describe a plate set. But I just LOVE the formula...and the price! You must take a look at their Anchors Away spring 2011. There's only like, one or two colors in this collection I'm not freaking out about: http://www.scrangie.com/2011/01/china-glaze-anchors-away-collection.html

Oh, and the Katy Perry OPI collection...I swoon over almost every color! http://www.scrangie.com/2011/01/opi-katy-perry-and-serena-williams.html

I'd love to find out what top coat you're using. Sally Hansen is definitely in my top 3 favorite brands and recently I haven't had good luck with top coats. Was using Seche Vite which is amazingly shiny, but got VERY goopy and hard to work with. My complimentary OPI top coat bottle is meh and running out. Fill me in with your secrets!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Im on the spreadsheet.. :) I weighed myself to be accurate.. Still up a pound from last week.. :( TOM has something to do with it. Hoping to get rid of that pound and ATLEAST one more by the start of next week. :)

I <3 Nail Polish.. :) When I get my nails done.. Getting my nails taken off.. Waiting for 2 week then doing it again.. :)

You'll do it, April!

Have you ever tried any of the gel nail polishes? I got a Gelish manicure and it lasted - NO KIDDING - 3 weeks. It wasn't until the 3rd week that there was a chip. Yeah it was grown out but other than that it was practically perfect. And it dries in 3 minutes. Literally. Amazing product!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I feel like my week didn't go very well. I'm starting a new work schedule and starting classes again... so it's been about finding a good routine. Screwy how the calories get messed up when your routine gets shaken up... hmm.

Here's my homemade recipe for the week:

White Chicken Chili (Cooking Light website)

2 cans great northern beans
    1 can low sodium chicken broth
    1 4oz can green chilies
    cumin (to taste)
    one small onion
    chicken - 2 to 4 chicken breasts
    italian salad dressing

Dice the onion and cook it until soft in the bottom of a soup pot. Add cubed chicken and 2 TBSP of italian dressing. Cook until chicken is done. Rinse one can of great northern beans and put them in pot. Use a potato masher to mash up the beans - this helps to thicken the chili. Add 2nd can of rinsed beans, can of chicken broth, green chilies, and cumin to taste. Simmer 15 minutes or so... add fat free sour cream on top. YUM!

I can't remember the exact calorie count, but I can look it up when I'm home. It's something like 248 for a cup and a half. Not bad!!

My "homemade' workout this week is to do some simple exercises: crunches and pushups. They don't require equipment or electricity, so it's kind of homemade.

My "pamper" of choice is a nice hot shower after work, and then I use some victoria secret Vanilla lotion. MMMmmm. I LOVE it!

For meditation, the best reccomendation of what works for me, is to definitely put yourself in a quiet place.

So this week I lost 0.8lbs. Woo! Every little bit counts! I feel like I've been re-losing these same 5 lbs for the last 2 months... I need to get over this hump!!

That recipe of yours sounds absolutely delicious! And easy! I'm so going to have to make it. And WTG with the loss! Round it up, that's a pound. :D And WTG on kicking soda for another week!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have just a sec to pop in and say hi, will catch up on posts later today.

SW: 237.4
    CW: 235.4
    GW: 229

I'm at wedding weight which is huge to me! Can't believe I haven't seen this number in nearly 4 years! THAT is seriously motivating!

As for my faults, they are coming along. Lots to work on, mostly internal stuff with me.
    I almost always make the food we eat, so score! Tonight we're having beef and bean enchiladas with a friend, and I'm using corn tortillas even though I usually can't stand them. We'll see how it goes.
    Homemade workout could be interesting. Usually it would be going to the park and playing with the girls,but it's so cold and snowy! Maybe a 90 minute walk around the zoo with a friend if we get the melt they are promising.
    As for pampering myself...um I got to shower alone this morning. No kids, no one knocking on the door, and I got to shave. WOOT! :smile:

Congratulations on being back to your wedding weight! Just for the heck of it you should try your dress back on. A walk around the zoo sounds absolutely wonderful.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Bru, WTG on the 3+lb loss! That's beyond great. I hope your soup turns out splendid. The marsala and spinach salad sound super yummy too.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    And now that I've adequately taken over this thread (LOL), my turn to update. Weighed in at 173.8 this morning, which puts me at 1.6 of 7 pounds for the challenge.

I need to figure out my homemade workout routine. I've been doing Billy Blanks Jr. on Exercise TV, but I've really been slacking on my calisthenics challenge I give myself every month. Just have no motivation to do the strength stuff right now, I'm more interested in cardio. I was all gung-ho on the calisthenics before, too. Hmml...I didn't realize that before...

As for the meditation, I downloaded Relax Melodies for the iPhone (free app) and I love it. I set it for 10 minutes on Urban Rain, and then snuggle up in bed. The sounds are very calming and helps me clear any noise that was in my head before falling asleep. The app is pretty remarkable.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Thanks for the spread sheet :) Love it!! As long as I remember to do it!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    After some Drama with a stupid *kitten*.. Excuse my language.. Im good.. Id like to box her in the face.. Shes mad because he husband was talking to me.. and he wanted to have sex with me.. that hes seen pictures of me.. she thought she could cause problems with my husband and I.. um.. NOPE.. pretty sure you cant.. Im not the one that talked about getting a hotel room, having sex, ect.. I hate people some days.. Wah Wah Wah..

On a positive not.. I got some workouts in today.. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    After some Drama with a stupid *kitten*.. Excuse my language.. Im good.. Id like to box her in the face.. Shes mad because he husband was talking to me.. and he wanted to have sex with me.. that hes seen pictures of me.. she thought she could cause problems with my husband and I.. um.. NOPE.. pretty sure you cant.. Im not the one that talked about getting a hotel room, having sex, ect.. I hate people some days.. Wah Wah Wah..

And on another positive note, you're one hot chickadee! That girl is JEALOUS of you! She's stupid to think she could break you up, and apparently has a lot more issues than she's letting on.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Ok…now it is time to address the challenges…

I will definitely be making homemade food this week. I love to cook but my hubby works afternoons, my son is older and not always home, so it is just me and my daughter. I am making chicken parmesan tomorrow and lasagna this weekend (a request of my daughter).

In regards to homemade routines…I am on my long work week so I have been walking with my friend around the hospital. We have a floor that is mostly offices and the outside of surgery so it makes a complete circle. We run down 4 flights of stairs, then walk the circle 4 times, then run up the 4 flights of stairs. I have even been trying to do some lunges on my unit during down time. I don’t sit too often either..gotta keep moving!

The pampering…I love to read so I do that a lot. Currently reading “The Happiness Project”Gretchen Rubin. Gotta learn how to get happy…haha. Actually a very good read…check it out. Shaved my legs this week too…don’t do it often in the winter…hurts my delicate skin. Hair is really light so it doesn’t really make a difference.

Meditation…have some nice downloads of streams, brooks…rain…etc. It is on my Ipod so I can listen anytime I need a moment. I actually got the CD’s from the library and downloaded them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. I am hoping to show a loss. Those of you going through some rough times…hang in there, it can and will get better!
    :happy: :smile:
  • AprilVal
    Options

And on another positive note, you're one hot chickadee! That girl is JEALOUS of you! She's stupid to think she could break you up, and apparently has a lot more issues than she's letting on.

Thanks hun.. :) I appreciate the support.. I knew my husband wouldnt be mad.. just upset that people would try to start bull****.. UGH!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

Thanks hun.. :) I appreciate the support.. I knew my husband wouldnt be mad.. just upset that people would try to start bull****.. UGH!

I totally know what you're going through. My hubby and I went through quite a bit of people maliciously trying to break us up when we were still dating. It is so annoying, but you just have to realize that they're jealous, crazy, and aren't worth your worry. Just laugh and move on.
  • AprilVal
    Options

I totally know what you're going through. My hubby and I went through quite a bit of people maliciously trying to break us up when we were still dating. It is so annoying, but you just have to realize that they're jealous, crazy, and aren't worth your worry. Just laugh and move on.

The bad part is.. talking about it at work with a manager tomorrow.. :( Because he works where i work.. :( My hubby wants me to talk about it incase something comes of it.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    The bad part is.. talking about it at work with a manager tomorrow.. :( Because he works where i work.. :( My hubby wants me to talk about it incase something comes of it.

Oh that makes the situation a little stickier than I thought. Just bring it up to your manager - let him know you're a little concerned and wanted to get it on record. You're hubby's probably right. Who knows, maybe this guy has done it to other ladies at your work before and it is a sexual harassment case.