"H20" Seriously Sexy Seven pounds of Valentines Day Week 2

Options

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find out what top coat you're using. Sally Hansen is definitely in my top 3 favorite brands and recently I haven't had good luck with top coats. Was using Seche Vite which is amazingly shiny, but got VERY goopy and hard to work with. My complimentary OPI top coat bottle is meh and running out. Fill me in with your secrets!
    It's called Sally Hansen Mega Shine Extended Wear Top Coat. http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=371

I haven't bought new polish in a while so now I think I'm going to check out the new collections you mentioned! I'm looking for a nice gunmetal color polish that's all the rage right now. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    And now that I've adequately taken over this thread (LOL), my turn to update. Weighed in at 173.8 this morning, which puts me at 1.6 of 7 pounds for the challenge.

I need to figure out my homemade workout routine. I've been doing Billy Blanks Jr. on Exercise TV, but I've really been slacking on my calisthenics challenge I give myself every month. Just have no motivation to do the strength stuff right now, I'm more interested in cardio. I was all gung-ho on the calisthenics before, too. Hmml...I didn't realize that before...

As for the meditation, I downloaded Relax Melodies for the iPhone (free app) and I love it. I set it for 10 minutes on Urban Rain, and then snuggle up in bed. The sounds are very calming and helps me clear any noise that was in my head before falling asleep. The app is pretty remarkable.

Nice job on the loss!

Maybe your body is telling you to mix it up? I was all gung ho with calisthenics there for a while too, but it gets boring after a while. Maybe you could do a challenge like x amount of pushups this month, or be able to do x pull ups by Feb 1, or even just DO the calisthenics once a week?

My hubs has that app too! The rain one makes me think of camping at our cabin in the mountains...I love it!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello my dears!! Had a 3.2 loss last week and I know it was all sodium, but it's still great to get rid of!!

I did make spaghetti last night, whole wheat noodles ($1/box at Walmart), ground turkey and I had a little leftover Ragu sauce and I added some fresh tomatoes and basil, YUM :)

Exercise wise, I've been playing the Wii mostly Just Dance and I love it! My friend started a dancing challenge with Just Dance 2 and she's kicking my butt, lol!

I hate the snow..it won't quit which means no work for my hubby, and he's the only one working, er, with a job...hopefully it will clear next week and he can get back out there soon..*sigh*

I'm not one for meditation so count me out on that, and as for pampering myself...no promises. Hope you all have been having a good week and hope it continues throughout the weekend :)

Nice loss Bru!

I love that I am not the only girl on here who still eats spaghetti. It's just too yummy to not have as part of the lifestyle. Plus, if my grandfather is any indication, Italians seem to live forever so they seem to be doing something right! :D
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well a little depressed after week one, loss less than a pound. I guess I should celebrate any loss and no gain. I've been getting up early and walking the dogs farther, and haven't been late for work!! yea! Still haven't moved on the smoking bit, but I have to admit since I've been stuck at the same weight for the past 2 weeks I'm terrified to quit. I'll work on that this week. I've been listening to a meditation podcast every night for a week. It really has helped my sleep. If yer interested they are free meditation podcasts at "themeditationpodcast.com". I had a mani/pedi on the weekend, it was amazing and I didn't take my phone which made it that much better.

for this week.......I pretty much make everything homemade so that one should be easy. I have saved so much money since MFP since I've only went out for lunch twice in the past month.

homemade workout routine...hmmm have to think about that one.

thanks for the challenge, I really love this group.
    good luck all!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It's called Sally Hansen Mega Shine Extended Wear Top Coat. http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=371

I haven't bought new polish in a while so now I think I'm going to check out the new collections you mentioned! I'm looking for a nice gunmetal color polish that's all the rage right now. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

I'm totally going to get that top coat. Thank you!

Gunmetal? Oh yeah!

This is one of my favorites: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=694002&productId=694002&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing
    It is a little bluish, but a very nice color (and a GREAT price!).

This is also a great color: Calvin Klein Steel http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/calvin-hand-text.jpg
    It doesn't seem to be available in stores any more, but I found it listed on eBay.

Then there's the new GORGEOUS new Katy Perry color Not Like The Movies http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3QwOQ9KkdW8/TSd4FL1jisI/AAAAAAAAJz4/JvkP4Nng0qg/s1600/notlikethemovies3.jpg
    This color will be released this month. I simply can't wait to get my mits on it!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Nice job on the loss!

Maybe your body is telling you to mix it up? I was all gung ho with calisthenics there for a while too, but it gets boring after a while. Maybe you could do a challenge like x amount of pushups this month, or be able to do x pull ups by Feb 1, or even just DO the calisthenics once a week?

My hubs has that app too! The rain one makes me think of camping at our cabin in the mountains...I love it!

Thanks! And I think you're right - I should change up my calisthenics goals. I'm going to keep the train moving with the cardio while the bug has bitten me, but I'm going to do the calisthenics once a week, at least. I'm not going to worry about reaching my 1,000 of each move goal I had set out for myself, I'm just going to do it, knowing that with each move I'm that much closer to my goal.

Thank you for making me realize this. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    roboray, well done walking the doggies longer and still being on time to work! Good luck with the smoking.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    How was everyone's day today? Triumphs? Happies?
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! So I weighed myself Wednesday and was down a LOT. Too bad it isn't my official weigh in day. Hopefully Sunday treats me the same. I've found that weighing mid week helps me out too though, so I can gauge my progress so far in the week, and it motivates me to get me over the hump.
    Been having trouble with workouts lately, just can't seem to get my *kitten* out of bed in the early, early morning. Stupid winter weather!! But I'm going to start C25K next week (as long as I can find some running shoes!), and I'm planning on doing that in my off gym days, so maybe a 5 day a week routine will keep me going.
    Hope you are all having a great week so far!!
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ps: NO SODA FOR SECOND WEEK IN A ROW!!! Yay! That bad habit is going well!

GREAT JOB!!! Keep it up!
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im on the spreadsheet.. :) I weighed myself to be accurate.. Still up a pound from last week.. :( TOM has something to do with it. Hoping to get rid of that pound and ATLEAST one more by the start of next week. :)

I <3 Nail Polish.. :) When I get my nails done.. Getting my nails taken off.. Waiting for 2 week then doing it again.. :)

You'll do it, April!

Have you ever tried any of the gel nail polishes? I got a Gelish manicure and it lasted - NO KIDDING - 3 weeks. It wasn't until the 3rd week that there was a chip. Yeah it was grown out but other than that it was practically perfect. And it dries in 3 minutes. Literally. Amazing product!

I love the gel nails. A friend of mine uses it and it is the only thing that I use now. She is also so creative when it comes to drawing some cool designs on my nails. I am hopefully going to make it to see her tomorrow cause I have not been to see her since before x-mas. I still have x-mas lights on my nails. Time for a change.
  • kattungen
    Options
    Hey y'all, sorry I've been MIA, I've been busy planning our wedding (why yes, I really did say that. WEDDING! *squeeee*)

SW (03.01.11) - 184.3 lbs/83.6 kg
    W1 (07.01.11) - 85.1 kg (+1.5 kg)
    W2 (14.01.11) - 84.5 kg (-0.6 kg)

I am at least sort of maintaining, even though I've been bad at working out and eating the right amount of food. But I really do think 1200 cals is too low for me, I've lost 600 grams (1.3 lbs) this week eating between 1500-1800 each day, WITHOUT exercising. So I'll stick to that another week, see what happens.

Gotta get back to browsing for wedding dresses. See y'all later! ;)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Sereny, can't wait to hear about your new nail design. I used the June Bride color put on last time and LOVED it.

KATTUNGEN!! YAY CONGRATULATIONS OMG WEDDDDDDDINGGGGGGG! Sorry for all the yelling but I'm so excited for you! You must check out www.theknot.com for wedding ideas. I ended up finding my dress thanks to their photo gallery.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Well my starting weight for this challenge was 177 and my first weigh in landed me at 171.2 but part of that was due to being sick and other issues. Therefore I totally expected that weight to go back up but was unsure how much. Well today I weighed in at 173 :) which means while I was up a little the last two weeks I have still lost 4 lbs and is awesome. My official weigh in isn't until tomorrow as for some strange reason Saturday morning are always my lowest weights of the week! So we'll see how it looks :)
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    This is one of my favorites: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=694002&productId=694002&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing
    It is a little bluish, but a very nice color (and a GREAT price!).

This is also a great color: Calvin Klein Steel http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/calvin-hand-text.jpg
    It doesn't seem to be available in stores any more, but I found it listed on eBay.

Then there's the new GORGEOUS new Katy Perry color Not Like The Movies http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3QwOQ9KkdW8/TSd4FL1jisI/AAAAAAAAJz4/JvkP4Nng0qg/s1600/notlikethemovies3.jpg
    This color will be released this month. I simply can't wait to get my mits on it!
    I went to CVS this morning to get the Sally Hansen color and no dice. :( I love that color. I actually love all the colors you posted! And in that CK Steel pic, I have GOT to get my hands on Twilight and Phoenix too. Look what you've done! LOL Thanks for posting these!!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hey y'all, sorry I've been MIA, I've been busy planning our wedding (why yes, I really did say that. WEDDING! *squeeee*)
    Congratulations!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Down 4.2lbs as of this morning, (lost 1lbs this week) one more pound til I'm at my pre-Christmas/New Years weight :) I started 30DS up yesterday.. I forgot how sore it makes you the following day.. but I love it! So I'm hoping that because I worked out hard yesterday that my weight is actually up a bit from what it could have been due to water retention. I may check it again tomorrow or Monday and see if it's changed any..

Any plans for the weekend? We are suppose to pick up the treadmil (completely free) from a friend tonight, I can't wait!! Is that sad that my only plan for the weekend envolves a treadmil?! I think we may go out to dinner just for the heck of it, maybe go to a friends house...but otherwise it's the tread..

I'm hoping for my baby bro's (10 and 13) will get to come over one of these days...they love playing Just Dance, but they only have the 1st one..so maybe I'll have them come over this weekend..we'll see. Hope you all have a fantabulous weekend :heart:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options

CONGRATS!!!! :heart: And yes, check out theknot.com.. not only for dresses, but to give ideas on EVERYTHING and it's a helpful little planner and scheduler :) I used that site for my wedding and it really helped :)
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am at 173lbs which means I gained weight this week! It is also my time of the month and I feel like I am retaining a ton of h2o ugg hopefully next week I will be back in the loss collum
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    So my hubby told me at dinner to make him a MFP profile..not sure if he really wanted me to or not, but I did it anyway and I asked him if he'd just give it a try for a week or so :)

Made homemade soup yesterday that bombed horribly and tacos which were fab! I even had myself a soak in the tub with some epsom salt :) Hope you all have a great weekend!