SUMMER SLIMDOWN CHALLENGE

Options
The continuation of "starting new challenge" so we can identify our challenge group! Have a great week everyone!

Replies

• dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The continuation of "starting new challenge" so we can identify our challenge group! Have a great week everyone!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I can't recall the dates, but I will go with what I think is right.

Starting Weight (before mfp, even): 192
    Today's Weight: 175
    Two Months: 165
    Ending Goal: 145

Using Body Sculpting Bible for Women for exercise and Caloric Cycling for my diet. I eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day. I am currently wearing pants 2 sizes smaller than when I started--the pants I wore BEFORE my five year old was born, which I haven't been able to wear since I was pregnant! I feel better, but am plagued by muscle fatigue in my quads. They are showing nice definition, but seem to not get stronger, just sore! I can't do lunges with weights yet, and I have been trying since April. I just do them without weights and muscle through them. When I reach 165, I want to be able to do lunges with 2 pound weights . . .15 reps, 3 sets!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gabrielled....where can I get Body Sculpting Bible for Women? I haven't heard of that WO.
  • denisez
    denisez Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey Just checking in!! I'm glad to be part of this group!! I've got that last 30 pounds to loose after loosing 90 and keeping it off since May 2006. I used the 6 week body make over. It was great.

Should we post our starting numbers here??

Denise
  • dancer33
    Options
    Glad you could join us! I'm going to be posting my starting weight, current weight, weight lost since previous week, and goal weight by Aug. 1! But post whatever motivates YOU the most:happy:
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The Body Sculpting Bible for Women can be purchased at Barnes and Noble, where I got mine. But I bought my husband the men's version on half.com. He was working out with his own plan, but when I got him the book, he said it was "kicking his butt" and he is pretty studly already! I LOVE this workout. I am very much a solo bird when it comes to working out (I want to just go and do it, and not have to count on a friend to be there with me), so when I saw this book (and the DETAIL it goes into while teaching form) I knew I had to have it. I had a swimmer's body in high school (yikes! HOW long ago?), and now I am seeing bits and pieces returning. Shoulder definition, calves (and not cankles!), and my stomach got flat in a snap! Don't get me wrong, I don't have washboards or a six pack, but my gut is A LOT smaller.
  • melli
    melli Posts: 14
    Options
    hope everyone had a great day today :)
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would like to join in. I just had a virus and my scale says 3 pounds highter, but I think most of it is water weight since I ate very lightly. Has that happened to anyone that they "gain" weight while sick? Weird.
  • dwalden
    dwalden Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Definitely in on this one this time. When does it end?

Starting Weight: 233 lbs
    Current Weight: 222 lbs
    Goal Time: 8/31
    Goal Weight: 195 lbs
  • swyman
    swyman Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey, another guy in this challenge! :happy: I thought that I was the only one. Welcome, dwalden! We are shooting for an August 1 end date.

So, check in day. I know that I first posted that I was going to check in on Wednesdays. But then someone wrote about checking in on Monday because of how they often loose it during the weekend. Boy, that is so me. So I've decided to check in and post my progress, or lack of it on Fridays and Mondays. Hopefully this will keep me motivated to stay conscious with my eating over the weekend, which, for some reason, is when I usually fall of the wagon.

Starting weight: 212
    Today's weight: 207.5
    Aug. 1 goal: 199

I wrote in my eating journal this morning about what seems to be working for me right now. I'm going to share it here, thinking that it might be helpful to someone else:

So, I'm happy with how my weight is dropping. Interestingly, I'm not focusing on the pounds. I've found that focus is too much of an emotional roller coaster and is not sustainable. I'm trying to focus on 3 things right now. 1) Am I hungry? 2) What is the nutritional value of what I'm about to put in my mouth? 3) What is the purpose for wanting to eat it.

For example, yesterday I drove past one of my favorite ice cream shops and there was a very strong impulse to stop and get some ice cream. "I've been so good this week, I could afford a small lapse." Then I tried to apply the three points of focus and the inner conversation went something like this:

Am I really hungry right now? No not really, I just ate lunch. Is there any nutritional value to the ice cream you want to eat? No, it would not help my body to be lean and fit, which is really what I want. Why do you really want to eat it? Purely for pleasure. Okay then, buddy, not today.

I'm a pleasure addict, plain and simple. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the pleasure of eating, but to eat solely for the purpose of pleasuring myself has resulted in significant weight gain and suffering -- which I then pleasure myself through eating to numb out.

Yesterday morning my daughter had made some incredible cranberry scones. High on the pleasure scale, but low on the nutritional value scale. So I chose a Banana with one tablespoon of peanut butter. Very yummy, but also nutritionally dense. Better choice. I tried to slow down and focus in on the pleasure of that Banana, and found that I really enjoyed it. Then I didn't feel deprived for not eating the scone.

This focus has helped me to pay closer attention to what is driving my patterns of eating. So much of it is purely emotional. The more conscious attention given to these issues has helped me to stay grounded in myself, avoid the feeling of being deprived, and to make better choices.

This was a pretty long entry. I hope that it is OK that I shared these thoughts. Putting them out here on this forum helps me to stay accountable to them.
  • denisez
    denisez Posts: 8
    Options
    Great Thoughts Swymn!! Your message is what this site is all about. I'll keep those thoughts in mind as the weekend is upon us!!

Good Luck to all!!

Denise
  • dancer33
    Options
    Yes thank you Swyman! That really helped put things in perspective for me! Hope everyone's had a good week....this has been my first week on the site and I can't believe how motivating it is:smile:
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join???

starting weight - 265lbs
    current weight - 231lbs
    goal weight (by August 30th) - 190
    end goal - 143lbs
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Finally found the post - litle slow on getting into this...

starting weight - 170lbs
    current weight - 163lbs
    goal weight (by August 30th) - 155
    end goal - 150lbs

Let the folly begin!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - lovely thoughts... really good way of weighing choices.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    5-31-08
    Ok. I had to get on the scale at the dr. and now I have a more accurate number to start this challenge with.
    Summer challenge start weight 170
    (January start weight 186)
    Goal by July 20th 165
    (October birthday goal 149)
  • dancer33
    Options
    It's never too late to join! Welcome!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in.

Beginning weight: 157.8
    Current Weight: 156.2

Lost one pound. Hoping that it isn't all water weight. :laugh:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody..... checking in

Starting weight 190.00
    Current weight 189.00

Down 1 lb :happy: :happy:

My plan is to change my WO. I'm going to try a different WO everyday . Different machine and classes at the gym. I'm hoping to see a big change. :drinker: :drinker:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    checking in!

As of 6/2/2008:

Starting weight: 161
    last check in weight:157
    today's weight:158.8
    gained 1.8 lbs =(

It was my birthday yesterday and I was very bad over the weekend, but this is a new week and I am sure I will ba able to lose those 1.8lbs quickly!! It might be bloating too because I toasted one too many times over the weekend!!:drinker: