No-BInge Challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello all. What a good group of people this morning. Thir really encouge me. Yesterday no one posted till last night and I thought to myself no one cares No One has this problem But the light is shinning thru this morning And I will think of you all as the day goes along. They do care. I haaaave been fighting 5 lbs up and down for 3 years. And i know it is my binging Got to break this nasty habbit
    Lets take it one day at a time. today will be day 2. I am on a new Me one day at a time.

Caliecat
  • spindowntime
    Options
    I went back and forth about this post...I didn't want to be the disappointing starter of this group and also first to fail but tonight I binged. I'm not entirely sure why and I think I even felt it coming but felt like I was somehow powerless to stop it. I have gotten to a place where I am generally more concerned with trying to identify what triggers me to binge so I can solve the problem rather than beating myself up for it. I am sorry I let the group down and I will continue to be a part of it but my day 1 will have to start again tomorrow... :(

1/15-2/4 Are the new dates for my personal challenge

I hope you all stay strong, your successes will surely just be inspiring for me so lets stay together, stay honest, and stay motivated.

I hope I haven't disappointed you all too much, so soon into it :(
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Spindle
    I gave you a nick name for it is hard for me to remember such a long name.Thank you for starting this thread.

Don't fret over today for you can not break a bad habbit. in a day tomorow is a fresh start. I do have a question tho. Exactly what is binge.. We went out to eat tonight at Red Lobster and I overate Althought I brought home half of my meal. I would consider that a binge They give you such a large portion of food I guess so they can charge you more.. So I will start tomorrow as Day 1
    . too. We are only human. If I was perfect I wpuldn't be here begging for help. Lets give it our all tomorrow . Never give up.

I am with you 100%. and to each of you here. we need each other. Lets take it one hour at a time.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • spindowntime
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words and support Calie...those hearts made me smile! Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to do my best not to binge bc that is all I can do! I like the nickname you gave me too!!
  • Yay! I'm starting again today too :happy:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to be a part of this. A lot of the things people have posted have really hit home for me... especially for this year (gained 10 pounds in two weeks when I went to parents' house for Winter Break). The structure of college usually helps keep me from binging to much (if I don't keep a lot of food in the dorm) but once I get home I can't stop. I hope joining a day late would be okay? My challenge starts tomorrow, along with Spindowntime and Caliecat.... as I just ate 1/2 pound of almond butter (I really could cry right now. This rapid weight gain is killing me. I think I'll go on a run instead.)
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Don't worry Spindowntime thats why we are here! I had a really hard time today and almost went to get a bunch of fast food to binge on which is what I do when I get stressed but thankfully a lightbulb went off and I just went home. It is a daily struggle for us all and sometimes we don't win. But there is always tomorrow and you will win tomorrow!. :o)

Day 2 Binge Free!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Day 2 again for me. Iam going to work up my food chart Teir will be no binges, picking at goodies around. on bites here and there. I don;t think it is my meals that got me this way i think it s the bines, nick picking . a bite here and there. I am going to post I happen upon that really says it aall I be back Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This is an eye opener well worth the read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34484-mouse-potato-vs-diet-math-ii

Calie
  • dragonbug300
    Options
    Day 1--No binge. Although, the sheer amount of almond butter that I ate yesterday was still with me until about 3pm today (woke up around noon). However, I ate mostly veggies, took a long walk and weight lifted. Had a light snack of Kashi cereal, fruit, and hot tea to curb my carb cravings.

The rest of that almond butter (all 3 tbsp of it...) has never looked less appetizing. A true miracle for me!
  • shirlapearl
    Options
    Good job all of you!! I just joined this site tonight and the No-Binge Challenge is just what I need! Thanks for being there.
  • dragonbug300
    Options

Wow, this is an incredible post! Thanks for sharing!
  • spindowntime
    Options
    Yesterday was my new day 1 and I am happy to report it was a binge free day...I am hopeful that today will be good as well. How is everyone else doing??
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Hi All, Sorry I didn't report on Day 3. I have the flu. I did not binge day 3.
  • briarashley
    Options
    im back after being away for the weekend un able to log and being out of my routine i found it difficult not to eat all the sugary fatty foods around. i did have desert every night over the weekend and a piece of cake everyday so i was probablly over my calorie goals but hey...i had one piece of cake then stopped when i could of had more more more. so no binging for me over the weekend im proud of myself.
    congrats to everyone on here being so honest i really respect it. you guys are awesome
  • tgburkert
    Options
    This is my issue as well. I spent six months losing 10 pounds and what for me is a significant amount of body fat through exercise, and then gained it all back in about two months due to binge eating. I'll gladly take this challenge.
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Still sick and I do not have an appetite. Kind of makes it easy not to binge. :o/
  • spindowntime
    Options
    Aww feel better rckchick...Today is day 3, it's not over yet, but I am feeling good! How is everyone else doing??
  • dragonbug300
    Options
    Way to go spindowntime! Three days 'sober' :wink:
    Same goes for Briarashley--you managed to have just one piece each night? That's wonderful self-control. Often it's harder to start and then stop than to just not start at all.
    rckchik, get well soon. :flowerforyou:

Yesterday was good. Today was not :frown: it's the time of month for me and mid-day I was hit with incredible chocolate cravings. There's no chocolate in my dorm, so I binged on cereal, fruit, and canned chickpeas. Now I'm too full to stand up straight :sick:
    And the gym's closed for MLK day! (happy MLK day, by the way)

But all is not lost... I think I've managed not to eat so much that I gain weight, just maintain for a day.
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Day 5 No Binge. Knowing that I have to report to you all is really helping me out. Thank You for creating this challenge Spindowntime!