When do you log your food?

Options
13»

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I log right after I eat it...I'm a label reader so I sort of know how many calories I can have...and if I go over, I work out at night so I make sure I burn the deficit
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i log my food in while i am preparing it so i don't forget anything!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Generally right before or right after a meal. The longer I go after a meal the more likely I am to unintentionally forget to add something like the ketchup or mayo or a sauce something was cooked with.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    immediately after putting it in my mouth.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    I log breakfast and lunch in the morning before I leave for work. Then log dinner and any snacks when I get home. I usually plan it so I keep under my daily cal allowance. I use both app and web but find the app easier I like to use the web version on a night to see what everyone else is up too 
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ...and if I planned out the entire day or week I might not like the pressure of having to eat what I planned. What can I say, I need the flexiblitiy. :)

For me the planning also makes everything easy when grocery shopping and cooking.. It's like I don't have to think about it at all the rest of the time. Just check what you need and eat it!

I do make adjustments as need arises, though.. :wink:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    As soon as I eat I log my meals. That way I stay on top of it.
  • bmommy78
    Options
    I seen you mentioned you used the app for your phone, how do you get it to sync with the website if you are on the computer, during the day I log onto the computer to track everything but it does not show up on my phone??? I have the droid x
  • alf0099
    Options
    I log right before I eat each meal/snack. I have the app on my phone, so it's easy.
  • tanks
    tanks Posts: 9
    Options
    I used to log at the end of the day but it didn't work for me.

I've started logging my food every morning. This ensures that I eat the right amount of food every day and also motivates me not to snack when I shouldn't be!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    during the day if I can. if I can't, I write down what I ate on a post-it note and log it when I get home from work.
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i plan my day out the best i can either the night before or first thing in the morning. this way i'm able to see how hard i need to work out and where I need to add or remove calories. I know where I'm at and am not looking for extra calories or trying to cut them at the end of the day
  • Scarte304
    Options
    I also report it before I eat it....if I don't...I'll lie. lol it gives me a quick "guideline"
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I seen you mentioned you used the app for your phone, how do you get it to sync with the website if you are on the computer, during the day I log onto the computer to track everything but it does not show up on my phone??? I have the droid x

The app syncs when it starts and after every change when online. If you use it offline, just sync the first change you get.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I log several times a day. I think it would be impossible for me to remember exactly what I ate and how much if I left it til night. I have a paper log in my dining room and my computer in the basement where I can log on, plus I have MFP access at work. Usually I log main meals for the day in the morning, and snacks as I go.
  • Seananq
    Options
    If you wait until the end of the day, you may forget something. It is best to log it when you eat it. Unless, you plan ahead and know what you are eating ahead of time. I use the phone app, so I log breakfast in the morning and the lunch I am taking to work. If I get invited out, I delete lunch and log it at the restaurant. Supper is planned around the calories left and gets logged as I prepare it.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'm new....but I have been doing it the night before so I know what I'm eating the next day.

Seems to be working :)
  • neolithic
    Options
    i lost no weight dosent suprise me:sad:
  • neolithic
    Options
    i am making some progress i just need to get away from the food to acomplish my goal in life :smokin:
  • neolithic
    Options
    my sister lost her liver to her obsession i for one do not want to do that ever in my whole intire life and thanks to this program i will not ever do that:drinker: