SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    TFS!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Thanks for sharing! :) I <3 homemade.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    bump...thanks a lot

how much of the seasoning do you put in to make tacos and also how many servings does it make so I can enter it in for a recipe
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    OoOoOoOooooooo Thank you!!!!
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks for posting, I was thinking about making taco but I didn't have a taco season, I have all this on hand. I can't wait to try it.
  • bump
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    bump...thanks a lot

how much of the seasoning do you put in to make tacos and also how many servings does it make so I can enter it in for a recipe
    This recipe seasons one pound of meat. Because the seasoning packet I compared it to said it also seasoned one pound of meat and it contained "6" servings, that's how I entered it into MFP. But if one pound of meat is only 4 servings at your house, then you would want to enter 4 servings.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    bump
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    I just wanted to say that I used this for the first time tonight to make chicken fajitas.... DELICIOUS!!!!!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Thank you so much!! I just was saying yesterday how over the top it put me with sodium. I will definitely use this!
  • DawnOf1969
    I just wanted to say that I used this for the first time tonight to make chicken fajitas.... DELICIOUS!!!!!
    I totally love it. And you can add more cayenne if you want more heat!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    I decided to make my own taco seasoning because the pre packaged ones have so much sodium. My recipe turned out great! I compared it to Old El Paso seasoning and, wow, what a difference!

My calories: 9. Theirs: 15
    My sodium: 14. Theirs: 580
    My fiber: 1. Theirs: 0
    My carbs: 1. Theirs: 3

My recipe:
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
    1/4 tsp ground oregano
    1/2 tsp paprika
    2 tsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp dried minced onions

Brown and drain ground beef, turkey, or chicken. Add in seasoning and 1/2 - 3/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes.

Their ingredients:
    Maltodextrin, salt, chili powder, monosodium glutamate, corn starch,yellow corn flour, spice, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, silicon dioxide, yeast extract, ethoxyquin

I love this and in turn I love you!!!!!!!! YAY!!! I was researching about finding a taco seasoning because I wanted to make taco rice tmrw. Im not really worried about calories because I kno itll be sensible but the sodium I was worried about! Thanks so much for posting!
  • DawnOf1969
    I made this again tonight. It's just too good to pass up!
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    sounds great. i can't wait to try it. thanks
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Sounds great - my 2 and 4 year old don't like spicy foods, so I'm thinking about trying it minus the cayenne and maybe less chili powder.

Thanks for sharing!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Thanks SOO Much for this!!! Were taco junkies here and I have only made them a couple of times because of the sodium :/ You just made me smile from ear to ear woohooo :love:
  • DawnOf1969
    Glad to be of assistance!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Just had a conversation about all of the sodium in our packaged taco seasoning last night. This a paticular demon for me anyway....so this is a very welcomed recipe thank you for sharing
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    bump :)
This discussion has been closed.