Hello! Will anyone be my friend?

Options
My name is Laura, I am 42, I live in England and my New Year's resolution is to lose 50lbs during the course of 2011. I am married with two teenage daughters and I work in an office.

Replies

• autumnbreeze89
    Options
    haha you can do it! I need to lose 70 pounds

add me if you want =)
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!

Anything is possible once you are determined. I also have 50 lbs I would love to loose and keep it off for good. In the past, I've been able to loose 30lbs and just as the compliments start to pour and my self-esteem goes up and tend to fall off the wagon!

I'm determined end that cycle once and for all!! I'm not getting any younger and I know the more I wait the harder it will be!

You can add me, we can give each other motivation.
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Thank you Autumn, I have added you - I think!!!:smile:
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello,

MFP is great for providing motivation and support !

I am looking to loose about 135 lbs this year.

Steve
  • superjo1980
    superjo1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend! I only have one so far - billy no mates on here!
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I understand that weightloss alone is difficult. My best friend talked me into joining here, because for me newly living single made it very difficult to care or do anything about my weight. I love it on here, and feel so excited to be on here everyday! I like it better than my facebook... Good Luck on your weight loss and feel free to add me if you would like! I am always in need of support and like to share it as well.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!! I'm always happy to have new MFP friends :o)
  • mutleyreid
    Options
    My name is Laura, I am 42, I live in England and my New Year's resolution is to lose 50lbs during the course of 2011. I am married with two teenage daughters and I work in an office.

Hi Laura, I'll be your buddy! You can do it. You will be surprised at how easy it is after the first few days/week. Have a goal in mind, it makes the time go quicker. x
  • UberKay
    UberKay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me!! Some mutual support would be really appreciated x terrified of losing my focus and will power!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Wow, what a welcome! I am overwhelmed. Thank you all so much. I have heard so much about this site and I am looking forward to my weight loss journey in good company now.:flowerforyou:
  • jelezzierose
    jelezzierose Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!!! :)
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Hi Laura, welcome, you will love it here, so many great people that really help!.. good luck hun, add me if you like xx
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, you can defo lose the weight with the help of this site.

Feel free to add me, I have two chidren also and have about 35-40lbs to lose :)

And I am from, ot so sunny Sheffield.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, you can defo lose the weight with the help of this site.

Feel free to add me, I have two chidren also and have about 35-40lbs to lose :)

And I am from, ot so sunny Sheffield.
    [/quot

Hi im not far from you, sunny Derby!.. Love it here, x
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura :)

I'm from Kent and I joined up to MFP yesterday after finding it in the list of iPhone apps. I love it already and am amazed at how good the iPhone app is! If the app is anything to go by then this site will hopefully be amazing!

Feel free to add me too! :D
  • OMGG
    OMGG Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi ya, yes it's a very good site. I love reading other peoples msg has you can learn from them.............. You go and think of the summer :-) I to have a long way to go............... Good Luck
  • lisahow
    Options
    Hi Laura,

My name is Lisa, I am also 42 and live in the good old UK. I also have promised that 2011 is the year I will lose two stone and keep it off this time.....I have done it before but always allowed it to creep back on!!! I joined on Monday and am finding this all very helpful and motivating....I have just done a power walk with my dog Caffrey (who is quite reluctant as she is approaching her 14th birthday!) and am now about to do the Davina - Power of 3 workout, it's one of her older ones but i think its brilliant....you can't walk after you do it for the first time...but I hate not aching after exercise as it feels as though you haven't done anything. Anyway wish me luck! :tongue:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Get yer names down on this thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145129-team-uk-january-2011

feel free to add me as a friend too, the more the merrier.
  • missesm
    Options
    Hi.... just started myself today....my name is shelley... i'm 44 from Ireland... need to lose 42lbs..... have tried everything so hopefully this works! Best of Luck to you...
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura!
    I'm new also, just started last week. I'll send a friend request. Good luck on your weight loss journey.