Girl Scout Cookie Season...

Options

Replies

• babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I too love samoas...BUT I have found that the new Fiber Plus bar caramel coconut fudge is a dead ringer for a samoa!!! Imagine the joy I had at first bite!!! It was super de duper yummy!!!!:love: Give those suckers a try I can honestly say I am officially hooked on them now!!:blushing:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sorry I got so excited I double posted!! lol
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Good news I heard they will be available all year on-line Yikes!!!!!!! Thin mints and Savananahs are my favorite The sending them to the troops are a very good idea. Thanks for sharing that with all of us who can't lie to a girl scout and say your a diabetic when your not
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I love Tagalongs...but I looked up the calories and that was enough for me to not have any. 160 cals for two cookies?? It's insane..I'd rather spend the calories on something really REALLY good :-) I'm just glad none of my coworkers have little girls and they don't stand outside the store I shop at..
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thin mints were created by God just to make me happy. I fully intend to by a few boxes & separate them out (two cookies = 80 calories) for snacks. I love them cold so I'll keep them in my basement freezer- that'll (hopefully) make it harder for me to just eat them whenever I think I want them.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love samoas. I put them in individual baggies in the very back of the basement freezer behind EVERYTHING. When I have an urge, I must walk down a flight of stairs and commit to digging out only ONE COOKIE behind all the frozen veggies. Then I restock the freezer and walk back upstairs before I can eat my cookie. The extra effort makes the cookie a treat and helps me cut down on mindless snacking, since I make myself go through that process for every single cookie.

Added bonus ... nobody else looks behind the veggies, so my samoas are protected from my three teenage locust children.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them. If you want too contribute to the GSA great- just don't take the cookies.
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    So glad my daughter is not in scouts this year. Last year she sold the most in her troop...almost 900 boxes. We lived in a town with barely over 500 peopleand 13 girls in her troop. Popular cookies. My ex (not at the time) ordered 30 boxes! This year I will only order a couple boxes from my friend's girls.
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    I too love samoas...BUT I have found that the new Fiber Plus bar caramel coconut fudge is a dead ringer for a samoa!!! Imagine the joy I had at first bite!!! It was super de duper yummy!!!!:love: Give those suckers a try I can honestly say I am officially hoocked on them now!!:blushing:

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! GOING TO THE STORE AFTER WORK!!!!!!!!!
  • erikalb
    erikalb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I already gave in...one showed up at my door step last week and I ordered 4 boxes for hubby and I...but we move to Germany in 4 weeks so we won't see a box for 3 years.

I hope you are not military or that you won't have access to a military base because if so, you will still see girl scout cookies being sold and plenty of them...lol... so be prepared :)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Very limited variety in Canada.
    All we could get for years was
    chocolate and vanilla. I haven't
    had them for years so they may
    have expanded. Used to put them
    in the freezer for Out of Sight Out of
    Mind, but that didn't work. (sigh)
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Try having a daughter that sells them! Those Samoas are the evil spawn of Satan! You can't just eat one or two.

My daughter is selling them too. 'd be fine not having any in the house but both kids and my husband want to get some. I just hope it's none of the ones I love!
  • karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! My daughter sell them too and I have 3 kiddos so I feel like I should buy some . . . I love Thin Mints!!
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    My plan is to buy a few boxes and then use ziploc snack bags to seperate them into 100 calorie/one serving bags. Then I can have a baggie of them and not completely blow my day :smile:

Brilliant!!!! I will do this as well!

Such a good idea!!!!!

My husband orders a ton of boxes. I freeze the think mints and only really l like those and the lemon ones. I try to avoid them but I have a killer sweet tooth. But I think I will try the baggies this year so I don't feel so guilty!
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My plan is to buy a few boxes and then use ziploc snack bags to seperate them into 100 calorie/one serving bags. Then I can have a baggie of them and not completely blow my day :smile:

This is a great plan! It's what I do with any potentially overdoing foods brought into my house. I always have 100 calorie baggies of something on hand however I have noticed actually wanting these "treats" less and less as I learn to eat healthier!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    oh man those are my weakness! frozen thin mints..I think i could eat a whole box of them in one sitting! luckily, I don't know anyone that is selling them this year..yet! LOL
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I too love samoas...BUT I have found that the new Fiber Plus bar caramel coconut fudge is a dead ringer for a samoa!!! Imagine the joy I had at first bite!!! It was super de duper yummy!!!!:love: Give those suckers a try I can honestly say I am officially hooked on them now!!:blushing:

Yummy....I'll have to try and find them!
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    My daughter gets her order forms next Tuesday....so I understand. My plan is to buy a few boxes (she's my kid...I have too lol) and then use ziploc snack bags to seperate them into 100 calorie/one serving bags. Then I can have a baggie of them and not completely blow my day :smile:
    100 is like 1 cookie! YIKES!
  • TheLastKeeper
    TheLastKeeper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They showed up at my door the day after I resolved to start losing weight. This is the first year I haven't bought them in close to 25 years. My kids hate me, my wife is convinced the real me has been abducted by aliens, and I am getting smaller every day ! ! !
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    What I do is freeze them .When I want a cookie I have to let them defrost so I am taking longer to eat it. By freezing them I am not so tempted to mindlessly eat them.