Hello All...Room for a big one?!

Options
2»

Replies

• canoekayak
    Options
    Well at one time I weighed 27.5 stones then with the help of a good friend of mine I shrunk done to about 11.4 stones. that was in 2003 - to 2004. Now I'm at 15.7 stones and I'm aiming for 13.2...;-)
  • salsafeet
    salsafeet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I joined today as well. I'm the other end of the scale at 5ft 0 and 14st 1 I look everyone of those pounds ..... One thing we have in common though is I'm sure we can lose the excess baggage. :)
  • 2TsMomma
    2TsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but what does stone mean?
  • RiaO3
    RiaO3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Similarly, I'm 5'9, so have always gotten away with carrying a bit more weight ... I'm now 188 lbs, and aiming to lose around 38 lbs!
  • luppulf
    Options
    Hi;o)
    I think you are a brave woman to take the step to make the change. You said something about having a trauma when you where a child andt that this changed you in some way. I can relate to that!! I`ve been in a lot of therapi and have accsepted the past, but its not easy to break the patterns that I`ve used all my life. Somehow I was afraid of what wouldl happen if I didnt have the food for comfort, the weight for "protection" and as an excuse for everything that went wrong.. sound familiar:o)
    what I have come to realise is that I`ve imprisoned myselfe and the onely one making my life misserable is myselfe.... soooooo, so i started by asking for help, just as you are doing now. And its so worth it!!!!! I`ve come to like myselfe and when you like yourselfe you treat yourself better;o) Its been a looooooooong journey but I`ve lost about 35 pounds so far !!! so dont give up if you" fall of the wagon" once in a while, its normal, just get on it again!!!
    Ps sorrry about any bad spelling, my english is a bit rusty:o))
    GOOOOOOOD luck and you are wort it!!!
  • saramathers22
    Options
    Welcome Leanne!

The weight loss is what we are all here for! Whether we have a little or a lot to lose, we are all here to support each other and nobody is here to judge :D
    I have only been on the site for a week but I have found everyone so friendly and motivating!! I love it!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to motivate each other as we go!!

Good luck with it xx
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi and I wish you the best on your journey! I agree with not cutting out any one thing totally. My doctor had me try it once, he had me cut out red meat and said by the end of two weeks it would gross me out to eat a hamburger. Boy, was he wrong! I always thought deprivation was the key, I just had to be strong enough to say no (my mother always said this), then I would always get so upset with myself for messing up yet again and not having enough will power and then eat some more. I'm 5'4" so all my extra 100+ pounds shows. I've lost weight before and gained it back like a lot of people, but this time I feel different, I mean I think different. I'm making sure I eat every couple of hours so that I won't have any cravings kick in, I eat a lot of spinach and salads, I'll also eat a small snack before I head to the grocery store so I won't need to pick up that candy bar at the register. My daughters got the wii Just Dance 2 game for Christmas and we've been doing it everyday since. We just have so much fun and it gives a pretty good workout.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have at least 100 pounds to lose (I am starting with that and will decide how much more after I see what I look like 100 lbs lighter). You aren't the only one who has lied about their weight ... I'm 5'8" and people don't believe me when I tell them I weigh 275. OMG did I just write that ... crap ... well confession is good for the soul and at least this group is accepting and supportive regardless of that horrible number. Good luck on this journey ... we are all in it together!!!!