Subway

Options
13»

Replies

• cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Tomorrow I plan on having a cheat meal. I will log it and try make it so I am not over by anymore than 200cals.
    I want a subway. Not just a 6" but a 12"! I know I know, how can a small 5`2 person eat a full 12"! But I can :), never tried though.

What should I get?! I'm in the UK so choices maybe different to America.

You can eat subway without going over your calories. Just choose the better options. Go for wheat bread instead of white, don't have cheese, don't use pepperoni, salami, or bacon. Try not to add cheese to your sandwich. Stay away from the oil. Use a light mayo. Use mustard! I always get a footlong ham & turkey on wheat no cheese, w/ veggies, vinegar, light mayonaise, mustard &m spices. Its very delicious. I only eat half, and save the other half for the next day. That sandwich = to 300cals.

I agree...Wheat bread, lean meats (no pepperoni or salame), skip the cheese unless you REALLY want it. I was always a major cheese lover and then I noticed that when I had cheese on somthing like a Subway-I couldn't even taste it there are so many flavors going on-so why add the calories? I save my cheese for times when I can really appreciate it;). Get no mayo or a touch of light mayo.

I will admit that the Tuna is my fave as well:blushing: . But even that is only 570 calories for a 6 inch WITH cheese (no extra oil or mayo or sauce of any kind) and that is a big-mayo covered sandwich:love: . Enjoy your Sub!
  • Oven roasted chicken breast is my fav, if you like it with some spice have them put lite mayo and some franks red hot on it sooooooooooo good....a bunch of sodium in the hot sauce though
  • darknight0dc
    Options
    I used to work next door to a subway & I ate there all the time! I love subway, but you hae to be really careful about what you eat there. my go-to sandwich is wheat bread, lettuce, spinach, black olives, pickles, banana peppers, red onions with either ranch or their italian dressing. I never put meat on my subway sandwiches, because their leanest meat is turkey & I hate turkey sandwich meat! haha, I also stay away from the cheese and mayo cause they're chock-full of calories!
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    I usually take off the top bread off of my sub when i go there! They usually put the meat on the top anyways so its kind of a lid..haha..keeps everything together. Its an easy way to cut out almost 200cals..ends up being the same amount of bread as a 6 inch.