When You Lose Weight, What Part of Your Body Loses First?

Options
I always find it funny how my body fat decreases in the parts of my body that I least care about.

For instance, I want my stomach to be flatter and look less like I have a giant adult-sized bean bag chair underneath my shirts.
My body, being the jerk that it is, seems to want to suck the fat out of my thighs, butt, and arms first which then makes me look like Humpty Dumpty's sister. Thanks for making me look even more like a cartoon character, Body.

With that said, I was just wondering what part of your bodies you guys lose/lost weight in first? And which part(s) did you WISH had gone first?

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I always lose in the boobs first when I was heavy.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My butt it seems like.......... and that is what my hubby likes the most! :laugh:
    My goal is upper thighs.
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It always seems to go from my waist first. Want it to go from too many places to mention :-)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I lose in my hands, wrists, and fingers! SO annoying! The last to go is always the biggest (ahem) issue -- my derriere.
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Always my waist! Can think of worse places!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm pear shaped so boobs and waist are first to go even though they don't need many inches lost (my boobs could stay at this size and i'd be happy!)

thighs, butt, and hips are last to go.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I always lose in my face..then goes the boobs and then waist..........and I have never made it past the waist!!Lol but I am this time!!!!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feet, fingers, toes, and calves. stomach and legs and hips, lose there :sad:
  • chltlily
    Options
    My face, then overall everything is pretty even.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I notice it the most in my face, waist, hips, and thighs.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Face and boobs. Neither of which really need to lose anything. :)
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    Always my boobs:sad:
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Face and boobs first... apparently everywhere else last...lol
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My thighs are the last to go-- I have no chest to speak of-- even when I weighed 180-- but to my surprise, I lost what little I did have :sad:
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This time around it seems to be my face, fingers and my stomach.

The parts I WISH would go, are my arms, thighs, butt and love handles. They're just hanging on!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Fingers and legs. My butt has lot a bit too (but it didn't really need to). My stomach and especially arms are the LAST place I lose it (which sucks because my arms need it the most!) I look super top heavy. I've kept the same bra size (just got measured again) from when I lost around 20 lbs from March through November (didn't weigh myself or do much tracking -- it was only because I could walk the 10kms each day for work). So I'm pretty lucky in that regard that my boobies stay the same.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    While the sizes have decreased all around, the areas still stubbornly not shaping up are my thighs, butt and hips. And I'm pretty okay with that....
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This time around I'm seeing the change in my face and my back fat which I dont mind but also in my butt :sad:

My tummy and boobs have gone down slighty I expect they will be the last to move...
  • gstandridge
    Options
    I'm not a Doctor. My opinion is based on personal experience over time and obsevation of other people.

It seems to be impossible to "spot" reduce fat on your body. The first fat to come off seems to be the last fat that was added.

Fat accumulates on people differently, but generally seems to start in one area then expands up/down toward feet/head, with the original starting area getting larger as you go.

With me, my belly is going to be the last to go........rats!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Boobies! Face too.